whats the oldest bowl you have?

bigman

i got a 60-70 year old rubber spare bowl got from my grandfather im 19 years old and i use it for sparing its great im not to sure on the name but i think its calls blue dot or something.

Couple of old AMF Strikeline's circa mid 70's and an old RAM houseball circa early to mid 60's from Asia.
The RAM was a houseball at Mornington which I souvenired as a split shooting ball (I could throw it damn hard) when the place closed down nearly 20 years ago.
Also got a Black Beauty which had a cork inner core, Ruth Guerster drilled it up at Mornington in the 80's.

i got a 60-70 year old rubber spare bowl got from my grandfather im 19 years old and i use it for sparing its great im not to sure on the name but i think its calls blue dot or something.
It's not an old Manhattan you're thinking of is it? They're about close to 50 years old now.

ROFLMAO....
considering tenpin bowling has only been in Australia for around 50 years, that's OLD...

ROFLMAO....
considering tenpin bowling has only been in Australia for around 50 years, that's OLD...

well maybe not that old but yeh my grandfather did like in sydney so yeh its a rubber ball with blue white and alot of other colours on it in like spot sorter things all over it.

Mine is a Impact KE25 from mid 70's but my bowling partner still has and uses this ball he has had since he started in 1963 - multi coloured and a cork inner ? Dont know what brand think its an AMF?

I have a Brunswick "All American" with Billy Harlwicks signature on it out the back in a bag.....would hate to even guess how old it would be!!!

My wife has an old AMF Amflight that her mother used to use. Just for fun I went to You Tube and looked up old bowling commercials. Man that's wild. Good luck and good Bowling
Bill

I've got an original Red Hammer of the Urethane variety. Bought it when Footscray was closing. By the way it has only had about 3 games bowled with it.

On another note a team joined the league I bowled in at Chaddy last night and one of the bowlers was bowling with a very new looking Johnny Petraglia LT 48. Impressive ball still.

My brother long retired from the game has a worse for wear purple angle. He used it to bowl a 300 at Box Hill bowl back in 1990.

Anyone with a two hole wooden ball?

I went 9 "pinning" in the back blocks of Texas last year and saw things that ........?

They were round, different diametres, materials, centres, colours ... just fabulous. Two holes, three holes and above all ... pin boys on each lane.

It was a six lane centre, night competition was tough, side pots were on the go, the Budweisser flowed, the meals were awesome.

They played a card game according to what you scored on the lane as an added attraction and a pot game on that as well, on the night. The card game "got" serious.

Absolutely one of the best experiences.

Back
Top Bottom