OLDEST BALL IN YOUR BAG, CURRENTLY IN USE

finspin

About a year ago I discovered one of the original Cuda/C in my shed that had tracked out. I decided to stick it in the dishwasher. Wow after regripping and surfacing. An old ball thats proving to be my main attack ball.
My daughter wasn't born when I got the ball. She now 17 years old.
How old is your bowling ball, currently being used.
I do wish they would bring back the Cuda/C in the original specs

I use An American Volt (fibreglass) as a spare ball , as in the words of MC Hammer "Can't turn this" not sure how old but have been told by someone who should know 25 years old .If anyone can give me a better guess that'd be awesome.

I still pull out an Ebonite Excel on the odd occasion, so you'd probably class that as in current use, even though it sits on the floor in the back of Drooo's proshop somewhere.

Have a heap of old gear from the 70's-90's sitting in the next room here which is no longer used and caked in dust.

The great Faball Pink Hammer, excellent hard case dry condition ball, I currently use it for 10 pins... I'm pretty sure they came out in the early 90s... and it's still a great ball...

my oldest that i use at the moment would be my prime time pearl or big time sanded

AMF Black Angle, made in 1985, according to the serial number. (World's first urethane ball.) Unreal on the tumble weed conditions and you can spare with it.

I know Andrew Blissett has his eye on a Manhattan Rubber (circa 1967) on the plug rack for a spare ball, but I suspect the idea of the smell of drilling it puts him off. :)

The one on the right.
My mum said that the doctor pulled it out first!

Charcoal Executioner is the current oldest, but could be retired soon.

Thinking of bringing the Black Diamond back out as the spare ball. Nothing like rock hard rubber :)

X-Factor Deuce is the oldest one I am using. Not showing any signs of retiring it either.

Oldest I actually own is Storms Forest Fire. Resurfaced so many times you can hardly see the logos and serial number.

If I really need anything older, I am sure I can hunt around in the pro shop. I am sure we have a Black Diamond sitting there...UNDRILLED

G'day All
Got a Green Plastic one in the shed I bought at Penrith Bowl in 1972 for $14.95 and for 5 bucks extra they threw in the bag.........

Cheers
Mick

Back
Top Bottom