Time for a new Ball

xcesiv

First. Hello to everyone.

This is my first post on a bowling forum

I am contemplating buying a new bowling ball, and/or possibly getting some adjustments made on some of my current gear.

I haven't bought a ball in a very long time. I think my newest ball would be 10 years old.

A Bit of background.
I have come back to bowling after almost a 5 year break. I have back for about 1 year now with all my old gear. and currently averaging 210 Bowling 1 night a week.

My Current gear.
Cuda C - 14pd - Bought sometime around 1997 (i think)
Super Power Pearl - 15Pd - Purchased in 2001
Boss - 16pd - Bought around 2000
White Dot - 16pd - Spare ball.

I also have sitting at home a
Pacific Storm - 15 Pd - Bought Late 90s sometime.

Before i took time off my favorite ball was the Super Power Pearl. It gave me good carry and good reaction on the lanes. The ball i almost never used was the Cuda/C. It had way too much bite on the lanes and i preferred a tighter line. Mainly used it on wooden lanes or heavy oil patterns.

Now that i am back, the Super power pearl feels weak, has a lack of power and i feel that it rolls out. 9 out of 10 times i now use the Cuda/C.

The boss and pacific storm almost never come out of the bag as i just don't feel right in them I and struggle to score.

With the Cuda/C, I'm standing around 25 throwing out to about 10 and into pocket.

What are your suggestions. Would you recommend an equipment upgrade or start with some adjustments to the current gear first.

If you would suggest new gear, what ball/S would you recommend.

Thank you

Columbia Freeze give a nice medium reaction to the lane and it sounds asthough you would benefit from drilling the ball pin under.

If some thing that the Freeze would still turn too much for you, I would look at a Storm Tropical Heat.

These are my opinions. :)

Cheers,
Ryan

Thanks for the reply Ryan.

As i said, its been over 5 years since i was in the game so i kinda forgotten all the stats on the balls i currently have. Like PAPs, pin locations, etc. If it would be helpfull i can take pics of all the balls or try to recalculate all the stats on them

I am not a big power player. I don't mind throwing a bigger shot, but i find i have a lot of power loss if i step left out past 30 board with the gear of have.

I believe I'm reasonably good with shot accuracy, speed and rev adjustment, adjusting my shot to the conditions I'm dealt.

I'm asking a variety of people to try get different ideas before I talk to someone in a proshop

I'll be asking some of the people I bowl against 2moro. Was trying to get some pointers before then

Back
Top Bottom