You know your watching an old bowling tape when....

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
As per PBA forum.....

1. The announcers actully know what they are talking about.

2. The telecast consists of Butch Soper, Marshall Holman, Earl Anthony, Mike Durbin.

3. The bowling shirt says "Angle" or "The Edge" on it.

4. Marshall Holman has hair.

5. Solid 9's are concidered very rare.

6. All the bowling balls are black.

7. The bowlers are wearing huge wrist supports.

8. You find 10 minutes of an old "Alf" episode at the end of the tape

9. Bolwing shirts has " KING LOUIE " on them

10. When most of the bowlers were with their first wife. Now they are working on their 3rd or 4th.

Feel free to add your own...........

When you see lifetime 300's - 5

When a 200 ave cashed

When Bo Burton announces that the lanes are getting easier, because of the carrydown

When you see Pete Weber shooting down 2 board, and leaving a 5 pin.

When the T of C was called the Firestone

When Mike Durbin and Denny Schriener are commentating on ESPN and Denny keeps holering "Oh ho ho Jameny Christmas" after every strike.
Ernie Schlegel is still dressed up like Elvis Presley at Madison Square Gardens 1976-style complete with sequins and shades
icon_eek.gif

I watched the 1979 King Louie Open on Beta a few years ago and Jimmy Certain still had hair, and Wayne Zahn was throwing a full-roller up 17-board into the pocket.
And I also still have somewhere around here the 1983 South Pacific Classic finals shown on ABC back then.
Womens Finals: Del Da Re beat Doreen Dockery by 1-pin in the Semi-Final.
Then Janette Baker-Flynn beat Del Da Re in the final.
Mens Finals: Tom Kury beat Silvano Prez in the Semis then John Sullivan (Throwing a full-roller and Averaged 223 for the tournament mind you) beat Tom Kury in the final.
This telecast was commentated by Steve Mackie and Norman May.
I also had the 1987 SPC where Wendy McDonald (Correct me if I got her name wrong) left a cold 5-7-10 on National Television.
Also got Wayne Webb using a conventional grip at Leilani Lanes in Seattle - lanes were too dry he protested.

hey southern tiger, i have the 79 king louie open on video! just one of the hundred or so pro-tapes i have from 79 through to 95. most are from the 80's and it was such a different game back then. oh to be 20 years older, hahaha.

When Bill Gardiner was throwing from 20 thru 10 and back with a Blue Phantom

When swinging from 20 to 10 and back was a 'huge shot'

When Steve Jones described Carol Gianotti as a 'power player'

Terry Wenban throws a 150 , and wins!

Seeing Andrew Frawley on TV for the first time at the 92 FIQ masters(and hiding behind the couch in fear! ditto with Peter Knopp and Jason Doust)

...People were actually impressed by the scores.

...Pete Weber was still just Dick Webers' son.

...Caramel White Dots were not just spare balls.

Rob.

Back
Top Bottom