salisbury classic singles

I must admit this tournament is not far away, really need to post more detail re the event!

thanks

Tony

Re: salisbury classic singles entry form

entrys so far as of 27/5/08
1 graham simpson
2 lee hutchison
3 alan p
4 paul sabatini
5 robert elliot
6 mike tran
7 brenton davey
8 paul streatfeild
9 brenton manning
10 chris mowart
11 tony stopple
12 richard wisdom
13 damo teague
14 frosty grostiaga
15 conor quail

Attachments

• Salisbury Scratch Singles Classic - Reg Form2.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
ENTRYS AS OF 31/5/08

1 graham simpson
2 lee hutchison
3 alan przybysz
4 paul sabatini
5 robert elliot
6 mike tran
7 brenton davey
8 paul streatfeild
9 brenton manning
10 chris mowart
11 tony stopple
12 richard wisdom
13 damo teague
14 frosty grostiaga
15 conor quail
16 david khun
17 shane tunnah
18 rob chinner
19 nick vale
20 tony long

thanks every one only 10 to go and then the prize fund starts going up

hey graham hoping its not to late but if there is any room left i'd be keen to bowl with ya's...someones gotta come last hehe might as well be me

entires as of 12/6/08

1 graham simpson
2 lee hutchison
3 alan przybysz
4 john arnold
5 robert elliot
6 mike tran
7 brenton davey
8 paul streatfeild
9 brenton manning
10 chris mowart
11 tony stopple
12 richard wisdom
13 damo teague
14 frosty grostiaga
15 conor quail
16 david khun
17 shane tunnah
18 rob chinner
19 nick vale
20 tony long

come on guys we need 30 bowlers

i have been instructed by managment that if we dont have 30 bowlers this tournament will not go ahead

i hope we get the bowlers i would hate to see anther one disappear

Sorry Simo,

Please withdraw me at this stage. Looks like I might be in Brisbane.

If I am back I will be a late entry..............

Cheers

Tony

ENYRYS AS OF 14/6

1 graham simpson
2 lee hutchison
3 alan przybysz
4 john arnold
5 robert elliot
6 mike tran
7 brenton davey
8 paul streatfeild
9 brenton manning
10 chris mowart
11 damo teague
12 frosty grostiaga
13 conor quail
14 david khun
15 shane tunnah
16 rob chinner
17 nick vale
18 tony long

come on guys we need 30 bowlers
i have been instructed by managment that if we dont have 30 bowlers this tournament will not go ahead
i hope we get the bowlers i would hate to see anther one disappear
RANT ON....
I would hate to see another tournament disappear saying f**k you to those bowlers willing to participate. I'm soooo over management stating the above bs 'if we don't get x amount of bowlers the tournament won't go ahead' the minimum numbers people want to get for tournaments is ridiculously high in the current state of bowling in this state (and nationally but different topic here) and threatening to lose a tournament because of lack of numbers does sfa!! If people haven't put there name down and aren't going to bowl anyway....why would threatening to pull the tournament change their minds?? In simple terms if they don't give a crap they still are not going to give a crap. If management want to pull the tournament on the loyal few who consistently put their names down and bowl then it shows that they aren't really supporting the bowlers who support the tournaments rather they care more about the bottom line and how they can maximize it surprise surprise. In my opinion it would be better to base a tournament on 20 bowlers and have more and increase prize funds rather than base on overly inflated numbers and cut prize funds.
RANT OFF.
Bobba

mate last year it was based on 40 bowlers and we had 32 entries so this year we based it on 30 bowlers dropping it by ten and basing on the fact that playford ended up with 35 bowlers so there for we thought 30 would be a safe number.
if it was up to me i would run it on 10 bowlers but the management has stated that she will not run it at a lose so she said she needs 30 bowlers.

i am sorry mate but i am only a messenger boy and i will do my best to make it happen with the numbers we get i will have a meeting with mangament this week and try to get a revised prize fund for 20 bowlers

singed frustrated simo

singed frustrated simo

There are easier methods of hair removal :D:D:D

Back on topic, there have been two sport series events I have run, one had 18 and the other had 25. Neither event ran at a loss. The way I see it, as long as the centre makes their lineage (and cafe income on top) the centre will always come out on top. No one can guarantee the centre would have had social bowlers on the day anyway.

My advice: 20 is a good number to base payouts on; and be transparent about the payouts. After the havoc of Melbourne Cup, an uproar is the last thing you need as a tournament director.

mate last year it was based on 40 bowlers and we had 32 entries so this year we based it on 30 bowlers dropping it by ten and basing on the fact that playford ended up with 35 bowlers so there for we thought 30 would be a safe number.
if it was up to me i would run it on 10 bowlers but the management has stated that she will not run it at a lose so she said she needs 30 bowlers.
i am sorry mate but i am only a messenger boy and i will do my best to make it happen with the numbers we get i will have a meeting with mangament this week and try to get a revised prize fund for 20 bowlers
singed frustrated simo
Simo,
First off by no means was I shooting the messenger ie yourself in my post I did state that I was over management (not just this tourny but in general) threatening to pull tournaments because of lack of numbers. So no offense is being thrown your way.

Secondly, last year's Salisbury Classic was cut from a 2 day tournament down to 1 and held on the Saturday with a grand total of 20 bowlers as evidenced here http://www.totalbowling.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=156822&postcount=68 so management would have been wise to base this year's tourny on 20 bowlers rather than expected a 50% increase on numbers from last year just for the tourny to go ahead.

Finally, the 'regular' tournament bowlers from around the state have put their names down AGAIN so perhaps poaching some of the mid-to-high average local bowlers at Salisbury may help in management's quest to make money....oops I mean host this tournament.

I do hope this event will go ahead as even though I'm bowling like crap at the moment I enjoy bowling tournaments and also would not like to see this SA Sport Series included event be wiped out of the series especially having been assigned Double Points.

Yours in bowling,
Bobba

I know its hard to see tournaments disappear and I was surprised to see this one return after last year.
Why should centres bother to invest on tournaments that only attract 20 bowlers these days. Might as well invest in a local house tournament and get more entries, or hope some social bowlers come in at a hight game cost.
It obvious the centre was putting some money into this tournament when you work out the in's and out's (surpised chin you haven't already done this) but based on 30 entries the game rate was around $3.26, so they must be putting in some money.
Bobba, Centers run there business to make money, otherwise they wouldn't survive. They can cancel a tournament anytime they want if it is going to cost them money, and when your paying $150 to bowl you want to get back as much as possible, and to do this you need bowlers ?
There's you biggest problem these days is depth of bowlers....it gone a long time ago. Lets hope things go around in circles and this will improve. Not in my life time i think, especially with costs and other interests.
If you have to recalculate on 20 bowlers then the prize fund would probably be some thing like this
1st $500
2nd $400
3rd $350
4th $300
5th $250
6th $200
7th $150
and $100 to the highest local association bowler.
You would only pay down to 7th giving you a 1 in 3 ratio. (as it should be).
I mean if everything is happy at that them why not, providing the centre is prepared to put there sponsorship in.
No easy answer to this................
And now one is to blame.................
cheers
Tony

hi all

i would like to aploigise manegment has dicided to cancel the tourni due to lack of numbers they needed the 30 bowlers to go a head and we only have 18

out of my control i tried again sory

simo

Back
Top Bottom