Bowland Salisbury 30 Games no-tap/handicap Marathon

strop

Elite Athlete
Morning All,
Just announcing there will be a 30 game marathon event which will be held at Bowland Salisbury at easter. This event will be over 30 games bowling in singles/doubles or trios. Al bowlers must bowl a minimum of 10 games when bowling doubles or trios. This will be a no-tap event with 67% of 200 handicap. Breakfast will be supplied at the break after approx 16 games in which the lanes will be reoiled.
I will be taking entries from the net and by mail (please send your deposit no later than 7 days prior to event to confirm your booking as we are limited on spots) Max 44 bowlers, 2 to a lane. Entry forms will be out shortly however below are all the details. For further info please ring me on 82859493 or ring Bowland Salisbury on 82502588.

Thanks
Tony Stoppel

Bowland Salisbury 30 Game Marathon
Easter Saturday 26th March at Midnight.
NINE NO-TAP
HANDICAP 67% OF 200
BOWL SINGLE / DOUBLES
OR TRIOS.

Start times
Easter Sat 26th March
Check in at 11pmStart Bowling at 12 midnight.

All teams will bowl 30 games changing lanes after ever 2 game blocks even lanes one pair to the right and odd lanes one pair to the left.
Breakfast will be available from 7am approx after 16 games at which time the lanes will be re-oiled.

Prize Fund
1st $1200 and entry into 2006 Marathon.
2nd - $900
3rd - $750
4th - $600
5th - $500
6th - $400
7th - $300
8th - $200
9th - $150
10th-$100

Based on 30 Team entries
Maximum of 44 Team entries

Based on 1 in 3 payout.

Tournaments Conditions

(1) This is a nine no-tap Handicap event open to all bowlers.

(2) No bowler is permitted to have more than one entry in this event.

(3) Check-in and briefing will take place 60 minutes prior to starting time only.

(4) Bowlers must wear neat acceptable attire.

(5) Handicap will be based on 67% of 200.

(6) Unsporting conduct will not be tolerated.

(7) The Tournament Director reserves the right to check any bowler's equipment at any time. Any equipment found to breach TBA regulations will result in disqualification with no claim on any prize money.

(8) Bowlers are not permitted to smoke whilst actually competing in this tournament.

(9) Any matter not covered in these conditions will be decided by the Tournament Director whose decision will be final.

(10) Teams will comprise of single, double or triple bowler representation. When having a double’s or Trio’s combination all bowlers must bowl a minimum of 10 games.

(11) All Handicaps must be verified prior to start of play.

PRIZEFUND BASED ON 30
TEAMS. 1 IN 3 PAYOUT.

Entry Fee $250 per Team

A minimum of $50 deposit is required to reserve a spot 7 days prior to the tounament.

BOWLAND- Salisbury
2 Clayson Rd Salisbury East SA 5109
Phone: (08) 82502588
Fax: (08) 824 1070

All entries submitted to either Bowland Salisbury or to Tony Stoppel
Ph 82859493 Mob. 0411191013.

We also need to know you highest league Ave as at 31st Dec. 2004.
Also which league and Where you Bowl.

Thanks

Here is the entry form that we now have to download

Entries so far are.

1. T Stoppel / R Chinner
2. Michael Tran
3. Anthony Walker
4. G Simpson / B Billing

First in , first serve . Remember deposit must be paid one week prior to secure your spot.

thanks
Tony

Dont forget to put your entry in for this.
Lot's of entries have been given out and don't forget we are limited on numbers we can take.

updated list

1. T Stoppel / R Chinner
2. Michael Tran
3. Anthony Walker
4. G Simpson / B Billing
5. Scott Henschke
6. Phil McPhee

Remember to have your deposits paid 1 week prior to secure your spot,
This should be a fun night and Day for all.

Thanks
Tony Stoppel

Bowlers if you are or intend bowling in this please express your interest in this as soon as possible. If one week prior to this event we don't have enough bowlers it will be cancelled and possible relocated to an alternate weekend. Try and support events in S.A. as they are becoming a rare occasion. Even thou I feel a bit bias towards this event , but tournaments like this were fun in the past and they can still be fun now. For the amount of games , value is certainly there. We don't need many to make this a successful event. If the week-end does't suit then we may possibly hold it at the long week-end in October.
Make it happen people, let make it a fun night and day.
Thanks

Tony

Here is a updated listing. Good to see the enquiries still coming.

1. T Stoppel / R Chinner
2. Michael Tran
3. Anthony Walker
4. G Simpson / B Billing
5. Scott Henschke / Phil McPhee
6. K Wooley / T Eades / C Eades
7. J Wooley / A Eades / J Eades

Time to get you entries in.!!! Join the fun.!!

Tony

A question was ask for those that don't have a current or last years league ave. The answer is we will be using the TBA rule for this of 170 ave. However the tournament director has the right to take each entry on it's merrit if given other information on the specified bowlers performance prior to the tournament.

thanks
Tony

Good to see more entries and enquiries starting to flow in.
Here is a updated list.

1. T Stoppel / R Chinner
2. Michael Tran
3. Anthony Walker
4. G Simpson / B Billing
8. D Cufone / A Cufone / S Chadrysick
9. P Oliver / K Barwell / + one

Thanks
Tony

Tony

I don't know if you are one of the organisers of this event but who ever they are may want to think about using a better weekend for this event. :? :?

I am interested and would probably bowl however, I just so happens that the Australian Open is on the same weekend therefore I will be going to that instead. Also, given that it is easter, there would most likely be a lot of bowlers that will probably go away over Easter. To further amplify the situation, South Australia hold what has been going now for the last couple of years is the ASSOCIATION CUP. The organisers of the 30 game marathon tournament may want to do some sort of research into what tournaments are being held on a particular weekend if they want a lot of bowlers to bowl in their tournament.

Don't for a second think that I am having a go at anyone here but just thought I would point it out that you are talking about supporting tournaments in South Australia. I think you will find that some of those that might have bowled will be either bowling the Association Cup or the Australian Open.

thanks

SNEEZY 8) 8) 8)

Thanks for that, however it was put on this week-end to see if the interest could be generated enough to having it on the easter break. True mike, some peope do go away , and to the A.O. , and there are a lot that don't. This tournament doesn't require big number to make it successful (However big number would be good) based only on 30 teams. The A.O. is restricted to only a handful in reality. As far as the Association Cup well it was over 3 days, but now I see it has been cut back to only 2 (Friday and Saturday) making it still possible for any of them to bowl in it.

I think there is good value and fun in the 30 game marathon even thou it's no-tap and the handicap was based to make it fair for all. $250 for 30 games.
You can spend over $700 to go away to the A.O. for what 16 games. This tournament may not be for all but I know when I was very young ,I used to bowl in the marathon at norwood backed up by the marathon at woodville in the early days and it was fun. Probably by 1 week prior the entry situation will be looked at and a relocation of week-end to maybe long week-end in October may be the way to go.

As far as research to tournaments go mike, yes I am helping with management on this one, and we'll take it step by step, I pretty sure last time I checked I still haven't forgotten how to do this.

The management is putting alot of effort and money in this one and if it could get some support it will be better for everybody alround, and could grow into something really good.

Thanks
Tony

Sorry David, I knew that, I don't where I got Mike from ????, must have been miles aways when I wrote the article.
Thanks
Tony

Thats alright tony. Mike is probably one of the many aliasas I go by. I have been called many things in the past. 8) 8)

I'll forgive you this time :!: :!:

another to add to the list of entries,

1. T Stoppel / R Chinner
2. Michael Tran
3. Anthony Walker
4. G Simpson / B Billing
8. D Cufone / A Cufone / S Chadrysick
9. P Oliver / K Barwell / + one
10. R Lescai

As you can see entries are slow, if you still intend on bowling please nominate now as we soon have to make a decision whether to postpone to the October Long Week-end or not. Me personally I would like to have it on the Easter week-end then ALSO on the Oct. long week-end.
Time running out. Come-one join the fun.

Tony

Unfortunaltely this tournament has been postponed due to lack of entries until the long week-end in October (1st,2nd). This tournament has had a lot of exposure and we can only put it down to it being easter as the problem, how-ever you opinion as to the format will be highly looked at for future events.

Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony

I will have to see what I have got on over the October long weekend. I may be going away but I don't know yet.

Secondly, have you ever thought of trying to run this tournament but as a normal format. Meaning to bowl normally without the 9 no tap crap. Don't get me wrong, nine no tap in some instances is great but I think that 9 no tap or 8 no tap etc. should be kept for league fun nights at the end of a season.

In promoting a marathon event you would be looking to try and get bowlers to bowl that either think that they can last 30 games or are interested in bowling in more that an AMF house tournament but don't think they are good enough to take on those who bowl in the super six. In saying this, I think that if you are looking to create competition, having a tournament that is 9 no tap is not the way to go. Most bowlers that enter these types of event (marathons) are higher average bowlers therefore aren't looking for a 9 no tap competition more so because of the average difference of the higher average bowler and the 110 average bowler that has that average becasue he can hit 9 pins down and not convert the spare.

Therefore if the format is going to be looked at I suggest that you consider bowling 30 normal games of bowling rather than bowling 9 no tap.

Just my opinion!! :idea: :idea:

Sneezy,
This tournament was never aimed at the top or should I say better bowlers around, it was aimed at the medium to better bowlers for some fun.!!!!!! If I aimed it at the elite and made it scratch we would be luckly to get too many since the numbers in elite have dwindled. The nine no-tap is designed to give every-one a chance as also for the 67% handicap. Making it scratch only accounts for a handfull of bowlers in this state, this was designed for a broader range of bowlers including yourself!
Thanks
Tony

Back
Top Bottom