Lane Conditions @ Salisbury Bowland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to be exact Rob it is 46 years but sometimes that feels like a hundred as you well know ha! ha!
See you at Rachuig mate

KJ

Graham you seem to be in a grumpy mood. and i dont think you should take it out on the bowlers as they are the ones who keep you employed by bowling there every week. as at salisbury you cant rely on social bowlers unlike other centres that can. i do not bowl at Bowland Salisbury so i wont comment on the lanes but i bowl at Holeland Ingle Farm and can say that since they have purchased a kegel in jan this year the conditions have been crap every week. instead of having a go at a person or persons on here why dont u sit them down and talk to them and explain the condition set for that night then they might understand a little bit better

jemmo

I have to agree with Michael and Graham.
If you consider yourself a competitive bowler, you should be able to adjust your feet and your target to allow for a different lane condition. I could imagine you would be stuffed if you think that you can shoot the same line at every centre you bowl at.
To be honest, that pattern has to be one of the best patterns Salisbury has laid down.
So instead of being immature and posting online how much you hate it, keep the comments to yourself and talk to the centre themselves if you have a problem. It's bowlers like yourself who make the sport unenjoyable.

Who ever you are, you look up to graham as a god or something (why i dont know ). as you quoted one of the best conditions laid down, you obviously dont know much about lane conditions. As to grahams comments i am speaking for most of my fellow bowlers in wednesday nights league who do move their feet and adjust. and i dont know how you were watching us bowl when you were down the back most of the night..I think you must live and breath bowland everyday if you dont want to hear any bad things about it.
The league president complained last week and this week but was told that the complaint wasnt put through because it has to be in writing to the head tech. ( which is crap ) I bowl in many different centres throughout the year and adjust to each one but to have a condition laid down where there is no room to adjust or you have to bowl at 10k's just to move your ball is crap..If this is the condition to keep well you will lose a hell of a lot of bowlers.. and you wouldnt want that to happen to your wonderful bowland

My 2 cents worth.

It seems to come in Peaks and Troughs. The unfourtunate thing at Salisbury is that you can see where and what lane the oil stops at. 4 weeks ago, it was oiled to the 6 board now you can see the oil is out to the 3-4 board. Going back longer it was different again and then different again.
What I cant understand is why it changes so much??? Question for the TECHY?

The other thing is that Wednesday 3 Nations League unfortunatelly get Lanes that are already 3 games old.
Why do the Junior's get the fresh oil?? Why cant the lanes be oiled before our League??

Is it in the Centre's best interest to oil the lanes in a way that we do get an easier shot?
YES...Everyone wants good scores, it brings them back for more, it also draws in more Business, it also makes the League more Lively and Fun to bowl in.

As for all of the *****ing, Jarrod bowls on Wednesday night, Graham does not and the Techy doesn't bowl at all. Who here has STUCK up for the centre's lanes that actually bowls on the Wednesday night lanes?????

Either their crap or good, just make them consistent.

Why make it the same every week what's wrong with the challenge ?
It's like a pair of jocks - if you don't change they become stale and crusty

KJ

Hey Rum, do you bowl at salisbury bowland on a wednesday night?
if ya do well good luck to ya but if you dont.. how can you comment on lanes that you dont even bowl on? Coz trust me if ya bowled on them you would feel the same way about then as i and alot of other bowlers do too

Why make it the same every week what's wrong with the challenge ?
It's like a pair of jocks - if you don't change they become stale and crusty
KJ

C'mon mate, how is it in any Centre's best interest to change the Oiling pattern from week to week?? Cost for Labour to acheive NOTHING.
How are they going to keep a Business going like that??
It is in the Centre's best interest to OIL the lanes to bring Bowlers $$$ in.
If 50 bowlers say the lanes are crap and 5 bowlers say they are good and YOU are the CENTRE manager what would you do??????
Would YOU oil them to suit the minority???? YOU would oil them for the Majority and if a handfull of Expert Bowlers want a challenging SHOT they may bowl elsewhere.
League bowlers want a 5 board Corridor shot not a 1 board corridor.

Jarrod
I bowled at Salisbury when they first opened.
I can assure you I have bowled on many an unfavourable condition through out the country, many I am sure with a lot worse conditions than Salisbury - one centre used to use cheap vegetable oil mixed with kero to fry, I mean condition, their lanes and they were black and devoid of much lacquer - but gee it taught you heaps about finding a line plus we had fun each time we bowled there. You'd have thought it would be a great target for arson with all that kero Ha! Ha!

Fresh jocks daily Tony

KJ

It is in the Centre's best interest to OIL the lanes to bring Bowlers $$$ in.
I thought the whole problem here was there was oil....too much of it
if a handfull of Expert Bowlers want a challenging SHOT they may bowl elsewhere
Most centres just throw down a ditch pattern, to look after business and keep bowlers happy, which is fair enough. The pattern changes every week? Whether that just happens for a Wednesday night, I can't say. I bowl the night before and have never experienced a different condition over consecutive weeks.

I don't know of a centre that puts down a pattern for a challenging shot for one league....I consider the new condition to be a breath of fresh air.

come and bowl on a wednesday night if you think a **** condition is
challenging. They might be ok on a tuesday night but as for wednesday god only knows whats out there.. Ballzup is right, if the centre wants to keep its bowlers and make money they have to supply good conditions.. Im not talking about a fairy land condition, but one that we can enjoy and have a great night. High scores keep bowlers happy and comming back week after week.

yes strop it is a good comment from one of my junior bowlers which i won't name its good to see that i am pointing our juniors in the right dirrection
cheers simmo[/QUOTE]

The so called junior which you are refering to is either your wife to be or one of your siblings. not a local junior that you coach.. its pretty sad for you to have to use a new family member to back you up and try and make you look good... Good to see that they were banned for this site..just aswell otherwise your head is going to get even bigger that what is already is..I think your still sad that i beat you in the masters in feb.. its time to let go graham.. you may get lucky next year

come and bowl on a wednesday night if you think a **** condition is
challenging
As a once off mate, I'd love to. Sounds like a challenging condition you guys are having to put up with. Make some room in your team for one week for me and I'll come bowl on your Wednesday night league pattern. Let me know.

NB: I'm not being a smart-arse....i seriously want to experience what you guys are dealing with, and find out if they're any different to Tuesday nights.

The fairest condition ive bowled on all yr was at Salisbury in the State Masters, playable from multiple angles, held up pretty well and you got ball reaction you can adjust off. It wasnt a fairlyland conditon, you still had to execute pretty well. Put that pattern down and LEAVE it down, problem solved IMO. Im really starting to wonder if 'sport' type conditions hurt more people than they help to be honest.

yes strop it is a good comment from one of my junior bowlers which i won't name its good to see that i am pointing our juniors in the right dirrection
cheers simmo
The so called junior which you are refering to is either your wife to be or one of your siblings. not a local junior that you coach.. its pretty sad for you to have to use a new family member to back you up and try and make you look good... Good to see that they were banned for this site..just aswell otherwise your head is going to get even bigger that what is already is..I think your still sad that i beat you in the masters in feb.. its time to let go graham.. you may get lucky next year[/QUOTE]

this has nothing to do with the masters jarrod

and i am there evrey wensday night watching and working the pro shop
i spent 30 min off my time down on the lanes talking to dany`s team and i am ready avalible every wensday night when your league bowls not once have you said anything when i walk passed your lane every wensday night i would have answered any thing you asked

this is why i have a problem with you posting this on the net

the bowlers i have spoken to no why they are struggling .

hey i will be there wensday again like i have been for the last 12 months and before that i bowled your wensday night league

just for the record it is not one off my siblings i coach here 3 days a week and asssistant coach for our under 25`s team and i have done my level one coaching

Thread closed, please keep personal attacks off the forum. Talk about lane conditions but please do not get personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom