Lane Conditions @ Salisbury Bowland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarrod

simplyadults.com.au
I bowl and both ingle farm and salisbury bowland centres. Usually Ingle Farm has the worst lanes in south australia to bowl on. It seems now that Salisbury is trying to get that title. The last 2 weeks on a wednesday night the lanes have been terrible. if you put your ball out on the five or ten board it will stay there, if you tug it a little it will take off as like there is no oil to the left hand side.. On wednesday night with a league of 15 5person teams only 1 200 game was bowled for the night.. Which was the same as the previous week.. Im thinking that people in 3rd world countries would have a better bowling condition to bowl on.. Well thats just my 2 cents worth but i bet there are a lot more comments on this

I bowl and both ingle farm and salisbury bowland centres. Usually Ingle Farm has the worst lanes in south australia to bowl on. It seems now that Salisbury is trying to get that title. The last 2 weeks on a wednesday night the lanes have been terrible. if you put your ball out on the five or ten board it will stay there, if you tug it a little it will take off as like there is no oil to the left hand side.. On wednesday night with a league of 15 5person teams only 1 200 game was bowled for the night.. Which was the same as the previous week.. Im thinking that people in 3rd world countries would have a better bowling condition to bowl on.. Well thats just my 2 cents worth but i bet there are a lot more comments on this

well my first comment would be learn to bowl jarrod .

well when the state team train at salisbury on sunday mornings they say the pattern is good and very easy to bowl on

i was watching wednesday night and hmm getting your timing right and bowling a good shot would help

my kids can bowl 200`s there so what does that tell you

if you have any other complaints you are more than welcome to come down to salisbury bowl 4 oclock on monday and i will take you down that back to chat to the head tech so you can make your self look like a fool there as well as on here

graham simpson

A little harsh Graham......

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It's actually the first time I've heard of people complaining about having TOO MUCH oil on the lane.

Northern Lights on Tuesday nights have had similar complaints, that there isn't anywhere to play the ball so that they can strike from anywhere on the lane.....but recently in my view it's the first time in a long time at Salisbury, a bowler has had to rely on SKILL AND ACCURACY to strike, not just shoot at an area.

I choke on my pride and APPLAUD the techs for changing it up, it has been too easy at Salisbury for too long.

So the house takes you out of your comfort zone? A skilful player will adjust to what's served up to them on the night.

Just my 2c worth.....

I have to agree with Michael and Graham.

If you consider yourself a competitive bowler, you should be able to adjust your feet and your target to allow for a different lane condition. I could imagine you would be stuffed if you think that you can shoot the same line at every centre you bowl at.

To be honest, that pattern has to be one of the best patterns Salisbury has laid down.

So instead of being immature and posting online how much you hate it, keep the comments to yourself and talk to the centre themselves if you have a problem. It's bowlers like yourself who make the sport unenjoyable.

yes michael it may be a little harsh but i commented like that because i am so sick of listening to bowlers winge that refuse to adjust ie move there feet a couple boards
i agree with you .

yes strop it is a good comment from one of my junior bowlers which i won't name its good to see that i am pointing our juniors in the right dirrection

cheers simmo

Jarrod
To your comment on the lane conditions at Salisbury I am the head tech there and think that the condition isn't a bad one yes we have made some adjustments to the condition and like simmo I to am sick of bowlers complaining about lane conditions when they can't be bothered moving there feet. I think the biggest problem is that bowlers have had it to easy for to long they expect the lane to do all the work for them and not there skill level. To your comment on the 200 hundred games in those 2 weeks there were 4 200 plus games yes this maybe not the best but maybe you should check first before making comments. I am more than willing to listen to comments on the lane conditions but say something to me personally not bag us on a site like this. I am always willing to listen and yes the condition might be a bit tuff but I am looking at making some adjustments to this to hopefully make the condition better.

Coming from a ex mechanic (brunswick of course) ,way to go gary.

Nice comments.

Cheers

Tony

Graham, all you seem to be doing for this sport recently is complaining and b**ch about all sorts of things. Jarrod is entitled to his opinion.. that is the reason for the South Australian forum, so people can express issues and find out other peoples comments?? Correct me if I'm wrong!

I believe that bowlers should move their feet and adjust, but nevertheless are entitled to ***** about if if they wish.. Last time i check Australia had a free speech policy??

Actually, i was one of those 'state bowlers' that bowled at Salisbury on sunday morning .. i thought the pattern was crap.. I'm not the greatest bowler but i know when i'm bowling on something i don't like.. that's just it, something I didn't like.. that's my opinion, and i would like to know who you spoke to to determine the 'State bowlers' that thought the pattern was very good??

I heard that you couldn't even lay the pattern that was asked because you didn't have access to the right equipment or didn't know how to use what you have??

I look forward to your reply

Danielle

Careful Danielle, you talk about this forum as freedom of speech, but when I say something it's called being "Negative".

I do agree with you on the freedom of speech bit............

I can't comment on Ingle Farm, not even Salisbury for that matter, ecpect the Salisbury Classic condition was score able on some pairs. dry way outside with the exception of one pair I had. Pulled it in a little and it skidded straight to the pins. Good or bad , whatever, same for everyone.........

Different conditions from pair to pair or week to week seems to in flavour of late even with places like cross roads........could almost call that a sport condition, couldn't ya!

Never the less we are all suppose to be good enough to adjust, Right?

cheers

Tony

how many 200 games were there bowled 3 weeks ago compared to this week and how are averages going .Noticed a great difference in lane conditions from 3 weeks ago ,i've been bowling for a long time and not seen a change like this in any bowling centre

Graham, all you seem to be doing for this sport recently is complaining and b**ch about all sorts of things. Jarrod is entitled to his opinion.. that is the reason for the South Australian forum, so people can express issues and find out other peoples comments?? Correct me if I'm wrong!
I believe that bowlers should move their feet and adjust, but nevertheless are entitled to ***** about if if they wish.. Last time i check Australia had a free speech policy??
Actually, i was one of those 'state bowlers' that bowled at Salisbury on sunday morning .. i thought the pattern was crap.. I'm not the greatest bowler but i know when i'm bowling on something i don't like.. that's just it, something I didn't like.. that's my opinion, and i would like to know who you spoke to to determine the 'State bowlers' that thought the pattern was very good??
I heard that you couldn't even lay the pattern that was asked because you didn't have access to the right equipment or didn't know how to use what you have??
I look forward to your reply
Danielle
So much for freedom of speech Dannielle!! You have contridicted yourself. I was only voicing my opinion from the people I have spoken to....It seems everyone else has the right to complain but I am not allowed to respond??
danielle i will be there working at 8 oclock in the morn you are more than welcome to be there to supervise and ask any thing you wont
see you in the morning

how many 200 games were there bowled 3 weeks ago compared to this week and how are averages going .Noticed a great difference in lane conditions from 3 weeks ago ,i've been bowling for a long time and not seen a change like this in any bowling centre

i am suprised you can remeber 3 weeks ago you could not even recignise your own bowling ball when you came to pick it up!!

Yes, you heard, that was all. Unless you have solid evidence and actually asked the technician who was working that day (which would have been Graham), I suggest that you keep your mouth shut.

Yes, you do have "freedom of speech" but I'm guessing that doesn't cover gossip, hearsay and rumours.

Like I said in my previous posts, if you have any complaints, make them directly to the centre, not online because that's just childish and pathetic. You have the "freedom of speech" why not use it and contact Belinda, I'm sure she'd be pleased to hear all the um, "wonderful" things you have to say about the centre and the technicians.

Maybe you shouldn't be a state bowler if you can't handle one oil pattern.

So many people were complaining about the conditions at Salisbury and they made a change, what does it take to please you people? Either learn to adjust or find another centre.

Jarrod
after 40 years in bowling (aust & o/seas) being a bowler (of sorts),employee & proprietor all I can say is -
no matter what lane condition is put down you will get bowlers of all standards give varying comments, good & bad. However the bowler always has the final say - change line, change ball or change centre. You will live to bowl another 200 . Just get out there and enjoy our wonderful sport, once you can overcome adverse lane conditions you will enjoy it even more.

KJ

Jarrod
after 40 years in bowling (aust & o/seas) being a bowler (of sorts),employee & proprietor all I can say is -
no matter what lane condition is put down you will get bowlers of all standards give varying comments, good & bad. However the bowler always has the final say - change line, change ball or change centre. You will live to bowl another 200 . Just get out there and enjoy our wonderful sport, once you can overcome adverse lane conditions you will enjoy it even more.
KJ

I like your thought pattern, you at least make sense.

I have had what seems like the only success at Salisbury in recent weeks (by the sounds of things), and thats by shooting straight up 8 board. Very much out of my comfort zone, people that know me and my shot know that I hate playing up the boards.....

In the last two weeks, I have shot 657 and 653......the only bowler in my league to go over 600 in two weeks. Does that mean I am so much better than the rest of the league? Far from it. It just means I am using my head and making the right adjustments.

I think the recent change in pattern has been very good, I love the challenge of trying to work out where the shot is, instead of rocking up and throwing it anywhere to strike. I believe you have gained a lot more from a hard earned 190 than a ditched up 220.

emmtee83 quote,
In the last two weeks, I have shot 657 and 653
Are we talking 3 or 4 game series here ???? :)

Also quoted........
I think the recent change in pattern has been very good, I love the challenge of trying to work out where the shot is, instead of rocking up and throwing it anywhere to strike. I believe you have gained a lot more from a hard earned 190 than a ditched up 220.

Wonder if you would say the same thing after just spending $300 to bowl a tournament?

You tell them Keith (RUM)

cheers

Tony

Are we talking 3 or 4 game series here ???? :)
LOL You know me too well Tony....most nights it would be four, but in these two instances, unfortunately it's a 3 game series

Wonder if you would say the same thing after just spending $300 to bowl a tournament?

Personally, I only bowled Barossa Cup to test myself against the 'big boys', on some difficult conditions. A lot of experienced bowlers struggled, and I was lucky enough to cut. Had to work for your score, and I'll say it again.....i'd rather work for my score than have it handed to me.

Bowlers have different motives for bowling. A lot are content with bowling their 2 nights a week and scoring well, ditch or no ditch. Unfortunately, it doesn't help the bowlers who genuinely want to get better at the sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom