30 Game Marathon

SNEEZY

Hi there All

On behalf of Noarlunga Tenpin Bowlers Association (NTBA) i would like to invite bowlers that are interested in participating in a tournament we will be running in September. Information about the tournament is as follows:

Tournament: 30 Game Marathon

When: Saturday 16th September into Sunday 17th September

Time: Check In By 11:00PM Starting at 11:30PM Start

Format: 9 No tap - With Handicap (90% of 200)
Teams to consist of 1, 2 or 3 bowlers

Cost: $210 per team.

Prize Fund: 1st = $900, 2nd = $600, 3rd = $300
(prize fund is a team prize and split between the team members)
(Prize fund is based on 16 teams participating)

Deposit: A non-refundable deposit of $70 must be acompanied with the team entry by no later than Saturday 8th September. Those paying by cheque or money order, please make out to "Noarlunga Tenpin Bowlers Association"

Well that is the general information about the tournament. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to either post something on here or send me a personal message.

For those interested and want to know more, i believe that there will be a entry form posted in the tournament entry forms forum within the next few days. There you will be able to download a copy of the entry form. Also you can contact Noarlunga Bowl to get a copy of the entry form faxed to you or you can obtain a copy of the form when you are next down at the bowling centre.

I will take names of people who show interest on this website. Bowlers can also put their names down by ringing noarlunga bowl on 08 8384 5555. Entries will only be secure once an entry form has been recieved along with a deposit.

Hope to see you there.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE:cool: :cool: :cool:

Hello Peoples,
Having seen the entry form it states that all nominated members must bowl at least one block but I cannot for the life of me find where the form nominates what is one block? Is one block 1 game, 3 games, more?? Also on the back of the entry form it mentions a point system as I (and I'm sure there are many other bowlers) am unaware as to how the points are allocated and for what purpose could someone please clear this up.

Thanking you in advance,
Robert Elliott

HI there Bobba

One the entry form in the summary section states that every team will bowl 30 games changing lanes after every 3 blocks. This however is probably a little mis-leading in that it is suppose to read that each block is 3 games and lane changes will be after every 3 games. The reason we did 3 games was becuase it was 30 games and thought that having 6 lane changes (every 5 games) wasn't enough. Therefore we said that changing after every 3 games giving 10 lane changes would allow teams to swap and change there players more not to mention play more teams.

It also states in the summary that lane changes will be left lane goes left and right lane goes right but I am a bit sceptical as to how that will happen as playing against the people on that pair will mean that bowlers on the same lane will be alway playing that person. Need to look into that one more.

As for the points system, it is our hope that if we get enough people it will be 2 bowlers per lane. Therefore there will be 4 bowlers per pair of lanes. This means that for each game including handicap you are bowling against those bowlers on that pair. When the game is completed, the 4 scores with handicap are awarded points based on what they bowl. Bonus points are awarded to those bowlers (team) based on their individual score. For example: Jo Bloggs bowled a 245 with handicap, he may have come second on that pair of lanes giving him 2 points. He will also gain 2 bonus points for bowling between 225 and 250 giving him and overall score for that game of 4 points.

Hope this helps you and other bowlers that have read the entry form.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE
Noarlunga Tenpin Bowlers Association

ok,
so as far as point go, the winner will be decided on pinfall/w/h plus points or what?

short answer would be good thanks

tony

Points will be how it is decided.

Something else that has been brought to my attention is the times stated in the entry form. You will notice in the summary it states 11pm for a 11:30 start where as in the tournament conditions states that 10pm for a 10:30 start.

THE CORRECT TIME IS: 11:00pm for 11:30pm start.

I will notify the person who put the entry form on this website so that it gets changed along with the 3 games blocks issue as posted before.

THANKS

DAVID

Hi

I have just put the updated entry form into that forum. sorry for any confusion due to those typing errors.

Sue
:)

As with most tournaments there is usually the rule that states acceptable atire for bowling insn't clothing items such as jeans, cords, track pants, etc.

We have adopted that rule as it is in most tournament formats and I guess it is good to be consistant. That way bowlers don't become unsure of what is actually required of them.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

SNEEZY said:
As with most tournaments there is usually the rule that states acceptable atire for bowling insn't clothing items such as jeans, cords, track pants, etc.
We have adopted that rule as it is in most tournament formats and I guess it is good to be consistant. That way bowlers don't become unsure of what is actually required of them.
THANKS
DAVID SNIEDZE
i thought that most tournaments that rquire a dress code are TBA sanctioned tournaments and since this tournament is not TBA sanctioned if the bowler is in neat and tidy clothing why cant they wear what they like eg: jeans track pants?
one more thing you only pay down to 3rd place isnt that a one in 5 payout this maybe just my view but a one in 5 payout dosnt seem much at all for the entry fee your charging.
like i said im not having ago at anyone it is just my view

Jemmo

Whilst this is not a TBA Sanctioned tournament, this doesn't mean that bowlers can turn up looking untidy. Whilst I am not implying this to anyone specifically, some rules need to be abided by whether it is sanctioned or not. It is not a good look for bowlers turning up in clothing that may not be acceptable. Whilst the majority of bowlers would turn up in tidy looking gear, if we said that bowlers could wear jeans, etc. then there will alway be someone who will turn up in torn jeans, or a tank top or something which takes away from image of the game. That is something that Noarlunga Association wouldn't want to do.

As for the pay out. It was never intended to be a high paying tournament as we are only using this as a learning curve for further tournaments we want to hold for bowlers. The Association is the only sponsor for this tournament and whilst we may have some money in the bank account we can't just blow it all on one tournament since we don't have any form of income other than memberships. For anyones information, we are charging $4 per game and the rest of the entry fee is made up of the prize fund. Any short fall will be covered by the association.

THANKS

DAVID

HI there ALL

Quick update on this tournament. Currently as it stands we have 3 entries with the posibility of more entries to be received.

If there is anyone out there at the moment that is thinking about entering the tournament we are looking for an entry form ASAP to indicate that you are interested in bowling the tournament (please if possible provide with a deposit).

I look forward to seeing you there. Thank You in advance to those who support this tournament.

THANKS

DAVID

I'd love to play but there's no way I'm going to enter if I can't wear what I consider to be comfortable clothing - jeans and a polo shirt.

(This is merely a statement and as such does not warrant restatement of the tournament rules or the opinions of NTBA etc).

Fred, Dont know how you think jeans can be comfortable bowling in, especially 30 games.
Fact is it is a common thing these days for tournaments to not let bowlers wear jeans in, come to think of it there are probably not too many sports that allow this.
Even though your jeans might look good, if they allow this what may look ok to you might not be to others.

Still comes back to the rules. If its stated that no jeans, unfortunately that's the rule. End of story.

And it's not just a TBA rule. Most centres try to apdopt a common set of guidelines for all tournaments.

cheers

tony

HI there all

In relation to Rule 8 of this Tournament (Bowlers must wear neat acceptable clothing. Jeans, cords and cargo
pants will not be classed as acceptable attire.)

It has been decided by the tournament committee to allow Jeans to be worn during this tournament. The reason for this is that the tournament committee has been made aware that a couple of bowlers who are entering the tournament don't have anything else but jeans. We have therefore made this option available to all bowlers entering the tournament.

***Please note that Jeans are the only acception to this rule. Further more it is expected that for those that do wear jeans that they are of an acceptable standard (ripped, teared, or dirty looking jeans will not be acceptable clothing).

We currently have 6 entries into this tournament with more entries to come. If you are interested please make yourself known.

THANKS

DAVID

Hi there All

Well the time has finally arrived. Noarlunga played host to the 30 Game Marathon last night starting around 11:40pm (saturday night) and finished around 8:00am Sunday Morning.

All up we had 7 teams participate 1 of which was from Murray Bridge.

There was a change made to the points system for the tournament due to numbers and the limitations with the computer score system the centre uses. Instead of matchplay points, each block (3 game series) bowled was awarded stepladder points. Meaning points were given from 8 through to 1 based on the series bowled by each team. Then bonus points were given in addition to the stepladder points for the scores bowled in each game (scores with handicap).

The results of the 30 Marathon is as follows:

Pos: PTS: Team Name: Members in that Team:
1st: 155 Bob Danny Rosenberg
Glen Pfeiffer

2nd: 113 HMMM Hannah Van Vught

3rd: 109 Red Devil Jai Ewins

4th: 105 Oceanview Neil Bravery
Steven Hayden
Phil Herd

5th: 94 Oceanveiw 2 David Brooks
Sarah Platten
Andrew Pratt

6th: 92 Team 7 David Wakefield
Matthew Wakefield
Russell Martin

7th: 45 Gangeon Isaac Taylor

8th: 0 Vacancy No Bowler (it had to be there)

Due to the lack of numbers for this tournament the tournament committee still awarded 1st place $900 (team prize) as that was a gauranteed prize fund but the 2nd and 3rd prize funds were alters as follows.

2nd Place = $360 (team prize)
3rd Place = $180 (team prize)

Overall, the comments that were coming back were positive and the bowlers that participated had lots of fun bowling in this event. although I am a little disappointed with the number of teams bowling I believe this was a good test and the tournament committee gained valuable experience in holding this tournanment.

The outcome of this tournament will be discussed at our next committee meeting. I believe with a few slight changes in the future we can hold a tournament like this again and hopefully gain more interest from both Noarlunga and outside bowlers to come and bowl.

Once again I would like to thank all bowlers that participated in this tournament for coming out and giving it a go (especially team BOB who came all the way from Murray Bridge to participate).

I hope to see you all there when we hold this tournament again next year and hopefully with a few more teams participating. So stay tuned as that won't be far away.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE
Tournament Director

Sorry if you can't read those results very well, the way I set it up didn't work?? I will try again

THANKS

Results are as follows:

Pos:
Team:
Pts:
Bowlers:​

1st:
BOB
Danny Rosenberg / Glen Pfeiffer​

2nd:
HMMM
Hannah Van Vught​

3rd:
Red Devel
Jai Ewnins​

4th:
Oceanview
Neil Bravery / Steven Hayden / Phil Herd​

5th:
Oceanview 2
David Brooks / Sarah Platten / Andrew Pratt​

6th:
Team 7
David Wakefield / Matthew Wakefield / Russell Martin​

7th:
Gangeon
Isaac Taylor​

8th:
Vacant
No Bowler (had to be there)​

Well, It is a little better but interesting result in how it has displayed the information. I have absolutely no idea of how to tab accross a line on this website!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom