salisbury singles classic

dont forget to put your entries in if the numbers are not there i have been told the tourni will be cancelled

so lets not let another local touni crash and burn i hope to see you's all there i will have entry forms at barossa cup all week end

entry`s update as of 7/ august

1 graham simpson
2 matt kanafa
3 alan pryzbysz
4 tony stoppel D/C
5 paul streatfield
6 ashley warren
7 lee huchinson
8 tash billing
9 michael tran
10 brenton davy
11 brenton manning
12 cameron mackinnnon
13 shane tunnah
14 paul sabatini
15 rob chinner
16 robbie lescai
17 adrian shelton
18 david pohl
19 chris mowart
20 tony long

thanks for the enrty`s every one all i need is at least 10 more and i can make this tourni happen lets keep them comming

Come on Guys and Gals,here is your chance to bowl in a very good LOCAL Tournament,with low costs and great returns.

We should get behind our local comps and encourage all our mates to have a bowl and keep local tournies afloat.

Cheers and heres hoping for a full house

Paul K.

entry`s update as off 13/august

1 graham simpson
2 matt kanafa
3 alan pryzbysz
4 tony stoppel D/C
5 paul streatfield
6 ashley warren
7 lee huchinson
8 tash billing
9 bill johnson
10 brenton davy
11 brenton manning
12 cameron mackinnnon
13 shane tunnah
14 paul sabatini
15 rob chinner
16 robbie lescai
17 adrian shelton
18 david pohl
19 chris mowart
20 tony long
21 david sniedze
22 tony cottrell

hi all we only have to the end of the week to get 30 entrys and then its good bye to another local tourni

how`s about we show sa bowling some suport put your entry`s

Stating 'Good bye to another local tournament' isn't what we need. Trying to scare people into entering the tournament because 'it won't be around anymore' is not going to work.

Some things to consider about this tournament:

1) The timing of it is not good. I know the date was changed but realistically Barossa Cup (38 SA Bowlers), U23's Classic (24 Junior/Youth Bowlers), Bob Elliott (4 or 5 person teams event) and then we get to Salisbury Singles some people just need a weekend off (particularly those who haven't cashed and can't afford to bowl) plus President Shield Roll-off Time Clash.

2) A top 16 cut based on getting 40 bowlers (as per prize fund)?? For local tournaments where numbers are hard to come by there is really no need for more than a top 12 cut. 36 bowlers makes it 1:3, 48 bowlers makes it 1:4 acceptable ratios in my opinion.

3) The prize fund based on 40 bowlers with half the people cutting not even covering their entry fee?? Who wants to cut and get half their money back or in last years case 2 bowlers who received nothing. As per point 2) making it a top 12 cut allows the allocated money for 13-16 to be redistributed amongst the top 12 so that all people making the cut are remunerated sufficiently. Then the prize payout can be based 1:3 so that 39 bowlers is top 13 payout where 13th having not cut will accept less the the entry fee in return.

Good luck with the tournament (if it goes ahead).

Cheers,
Bobba

P.s Just so people know the sole reason I am not bowling is money. I can't afford to bowl so unless someone wants to sponsor me to bowl I will be a spectator.

Hey Bobba, You said

Stating 'Good bye to another local tournament' isn't what we need. Trying to scare people into entering the tournament because 'it won't be around anymore' is not going to work.

Its not about scaring people, but its a fact that people would rather go up the river than bowl. No problems with that, just don't complain if there are no more tournaments left and wonder why !!!!!

As far as timing goes well I don't think whenever you have it, it won't suite all.
Now there is no more northern open that was to be on just recently made a bit more room, there will aways be something on.

As far as format I agree top 12 would certainly be enough based on 40 bowlers, but I suppose the centre was only looking after lineage on that one, but remember it also gives 4 more people a chance to get value on there entry by getting another 15 mores games even if it only pays to say 12th.

As far as the entry fee, youv'e had the option to layby and also you have had 12 months to save for this.

With the possibility of now both the Elizabeth tournaments gone and now maybe this one going, Barossa on the cards of also going because it will be sold shortly, that leaves SACUP.

Every-one happy with that!

You cant stay under 23 forever...time to move on!

I blame the lack of interest from younger bowlers and costs and the fact there isn't too much depth coming up thruogh the ranks.

On the other hand just makes it easier for us seniors (older bolwers) to still making cuts and sometimes winning because the lack of depth.

I hopes this goes ahead, winning 3 in a row would be nice.

Cheers

Tony

1 graham simpson
2 matt kanafa
3 alan pryzbysz
4 tony stoppel D/C
5 paul streatfield
6 ashley warren
7 lee huchinson
8 tash billing
9 bill johnson
10 brenton davy
11 brenton manning
12 cameron mackinnnon
13 shane tunnah
14 paul sabatini
15 rob chinner
16 robbie lescai
17 adrian shelton
18 david pohl
19 chris mowart
20 tony long
21 david sniedze
22 tony cottrell
23 david heron
24 thomas hayes

hopfuly we will get up to 30 by friday we will keep you`s informed

To All

Due to the lack of entries in the Salisbury Classic (25) I have had to make a decision to change the format of the tournament from a two day event to one day tournament. (sorry)

For those bowlers still wanting to bowl on the 25th August the format will be 10 games cost $100.00 BASED ON 20 BOWLERS
prize fund
1st $500.00
2nd $300.00
3rd $250.00
4th $150.00
5th $100.00
for every bowler over 20 $55.00 will be added to the prize fund.
$300.00 for first 300

please notify Graham Simpson if you are still wanting to bowl.
Hopefully we will get 20 bowers so it can still run.

Regards
Belinda Sims

PS if you are not wanting to bowl and have paid a deposit that will be refunded to you.

Why is it that the first twenty entries are only paying $3.50 per line while each entry after 20 will be charged $4.50 per game in lineage?
Please explain!

Back
Top Bottom