salisbury classic singles

simo

hi all

salisbury classic singles will be held on 23rd-24th of august this year .

to the bowlers that have bowled this tourney in the past or plan to in the future
if you have any positive thoughts on how we can improve our tourney
all thoughts will be taken in . please post

PLEASE NO NEGATIVE POSTS THIS WILL NOT BE TURNED INTO A SLINING MATCH

i will be looking for sponsors from now on lets turn this into something
great for our state

thanks g simpson

salisbury bowland;)

I have the same concerns as I had last year with the date of this tournament. Assuming Barossa Cup is held in August (as it normally is) this means you will have Barossa Cup, U23's Classic, ATBSO most probably will have an event sometime, Shield roll-offs are the last weekend, so for those bowling and/or spectating its a pretty full calendar. This is my observation don't know what other people think.

As for tournament structure what with the relatively low turn out numbers in SA tournaments perhaps a 1 day format with only 1 squad, bowlers bowling 8-10 games qualifying with a top 3,4 or 5 (depending on numbers) stepladder or something similar. Just an idea. See what others think.

Cheers,
Bobba

I agree it is a busy time in August!

Earlier in the year would be better...maybe Sunday June 22nd or 29th or July 6th even. This looks clear of ATBSO and TBA SA events.

Format...keep it simple
10 games qualifying
Top 12 bowl one round of matchplay (position round)
and top 3 or 4 for stepladder.

All depends on what everyone wants and cost
You could still have a full matchplay of say 12 bowlers?

Cheers

Tony

Hey there Graham

I agree with Bobba, if you keep the tournament date at the end of August, you will most probably have Under 23's, Barossa Cup and Bob Elliot all in the same month. For someone who has a lot of time on there hands and a lot of money then there probably wouldn't be a problem holding the tournment at the end of August but in most cases this is not the case.

I think that the tournament committee should look back at the first tournament that was bowled and the numbers that turned up. I believe the tournament was held in the middle of september to the end of september and there was from what I remember about 50 or 60 bowlers that turned up. If it worked for that many bowlers back then why won't it now??

Another factor that should be looked at is the prize fund. Whilst large prize funds are good to attract bowlers of a high level (such as some interstate bowlers), large prize funds either rely on a large entry fee or lots or sponsorship (or both) as well as a high level of entries into the tournament. Given what happened to the tournament in 2007 I think the tournament committee should be basing the tournament on say 30 bowlers and maybe looking at a prize fund that would be supported by that number of bowlers.

The other pet hate I have is that tournaments in general lack advertising to bowlers in general. Whilst this tournament may be advertised in the local centre (Salisbury Bowl), what about other centres. It is one thing sending out entry forms to bowling centres but what about follow up work with those centres regarding the tournament and to see what the respose to the tournament is in the centre?? If it isn't very good then maybe something needs to be done to sell the tournament better. Now that there is the bowling show on C31, why doesn't someone on the tournament committee approach Tony Drexel and see if he can promote the tournament on the Bowling Show or the tournament committee make a presentation on the bowling show regarding the tournament??

Now that there is an avenue for this tournament to be publicised. Why not run the tournament in a format that results in a step ladder final or some sort of a knock out competition of which could be filmed by the bowling show if they are available and willing to do it. If this was to happen then the tournament would be put on TV around Australia and then who knows might decide to show an interest in the tournament in coming years (be it sponsors and bowlers)??

That is about all I can think of at the moment. I hope that what I have written above doesn't sound too negative and is helpful to the tournament committee when reviewing the Salisbury Singles Classic.

THANKS

DAVID SNIEDZE

hi all

just like to say thanks for your input i have made some changes i hope every one is happy with them

change of date sunday june 22

and it will be 10 games plus a stepladder finnal

again thanks for your input

g simpson

salisbury bowland

hi all
just like to say thanks for your input i have made some changes i hope every one is happy with them
g simpson
salisbury bowland

I'll be the first to say it Graham put me down for the Salisbury singles. Finish last in 2007 this year will be diffenrent

hi all
g simpson
salisbury bowland

Unfortunately simo you will never be able to satisfy everyone but I commend you on your willingness to try and better the tournament so that you are able to cater to more bowlers (hopefully!!). I think the date change is a great step forwards and I hope there will be a good turnout to this event as a result.

Cheers,
Bobba

P.s. Please add me to the squad list

**** THIS EVENT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THIS YEAR'S SA SCRATCH SERIES AND WILL ATTRACT DOUBLE POINTS.....A GOOD EVENT TO BOWL IN IF YOU WANT TO BE IN THE RUNNING FOR THE END OF YEAR GRAND PRIZE. ****

Hey Graham

I will be a definite starter.

Thanks

Graham do you have the list of People who are going to compete this year in the Salisbury Singles?

Hey Graham,

I will give it a shot. Can ya put my name down for it :)

How many entries do you have for it so far?

Conor

Back
Top Bottom