salisbury singles classic

Just packing all my stuff now so i'll be there, yeah, chopping to 12 might be a good move with a 30 bowler field. Guess we'll findout Saturday

Hi Graham, ill be going down to salisbury on friday to pay my money so you can add me to the list..

Jarrod

Unfortunate once again to see the lack of entries, plus with the lack of sufficient sponsorship it makes it difficult to keep these tournaments running.
With the exception of a few bowlers, where the hell are all these up and coming stars this state so desperately needs..........
Really Simmo I would can it. You can get more to a Seniors event.
Perhaps revert back to last years format and pump the extra funds into the prizemoney. Maybe cut back to Top 12 on such a limited field.
Pathetic state...................
Cheers
Tony Stoppel

Put me back in Simmo. Looks like u need every bowler u can get.
Dont see 2 many Seniors names down there Tony.
Top 12 sounds like a good idea.
Still got a 1 in 3 chance of cutting if you had 36 bowlers.

where the hell are all these up and coming stars this state so desperately needs......

PISS POOR.

Pity some of these guys travel interstate and support there tournaments, but refuse to support the local scene. (fruit must be cheaper interstate)

i agree with you tony, it is unfortunate that finally some centres are putting all this effort into getting some sort of tournament going and having very little support from the bowlers. i know some have had to pull out for valid reasons but as you said tony where are some of the up and coming stars of bowling in S.A. anyway just my 2cents worth. good luck to everyone on the weekend, i hope we all bowl well...

First of all, well done to all SA bowlers putting the effort to get some tournaments organised and run, 10 out of 10 must be given to people like Simmo and Streaty for trying to get things moving in SA.
Granted, some bowlers have valid reasons not to bowl, for myself, i'd be bowling if it wasn't for injury. But I don't know of too many young people who can afford to keep putting money into tournaments like this, maybe they are looking at the bigger picture? Ranking points? I don't know, perhaps the younger generation can enlighten us....
The changed scheme of payout means you have to place at least 7th to get your outlay back, perhaps it's more beneficial for the kids of the state to save that cost and put it towards the bigger events? Again, something I don't know much about, but just may be a couple of reasons why the younger generation aren't bowling tournaments like this.

I will come out to watch it anyway, hope all bowl well.

Just my 2 cents worth....
Michael Tran

PS. I know of someone who is very interested in bowling the tourney tho, is it too late to submit an entry? The form said cut-off was the 9th September....Please let me know Simmo.

I know of someone who is very interested in bowling the tourney tho, is it too late to submit an entry? The form said cut-off was the 9th September....Please let me know Simmo.

Yeah Michael.

I told simmo to pull me out of tourny due to injury last week. Told him if I can bowl i'll turn up on the day. With the numbers they have at the moment i think they'll take entry's right up until the 1st balls bowled

If it is not too late, Atticus Management Solutions will pay for one bowler to enter the tournament.

Simmo, got anyone in mind who could use this support?

Des Wragg

Dont see 2 many Seniors names down there Tony.
Unfortunately this tournament was put on on a seniors tournament date which is on the state calendar. I guess Salisbury didn't want the seniors to bowl in it.
Des, great idea. I hope you find someone to do it justice. How about one of the young fellas like Ashley Warren?
Hopefully with the increase of entries and if they cut to top 12 we may see an increase in the bottom end of the prize fund.

Cheers

Tony.

I heard a whisper that matt has been in hospital with suspected maninga cockle, so before you go on bashing these younguns for not bowling these tournaments think about what else they have in theyre lives... most of them work on weekends because they also study and dont have all the time in the world to do things during weekdays... most of you think they get theyre parents to pay for theyre bowling payments but they also help out themselves so try thinking again that travelling to a tournament costs alot of money and the rewards if succeded are much better than staying down here...

Alex

Alex, I was not picking on anyone in particular. In fact I did say "with the exception of a few bowlers" it is not being well supported by our up and coming young stars.
It is still a sad thing that bowlers want to travel interstate to bowl in a tournament which costs more to enter, has possibly stiffer competition, all the travel expenses, less likelihood of cashing and being left a lot more out of pocket than driving across town to support a local event.
I still encourage these guys to travel if they can afford it because they need the valuable experience.
For so long people have been complaining about the lack of tournaments in Adelaide. Some centres have taken the initiative to do something about it...so where are all the bowlers?
Oh yeah, what has happened to the Youth Circuit?

Cheers

Tony.

I do see you werent also pointing at matty but also the other youngsters as you said Ash... i referred to him in my last post with the costs (i dont really like mentioning names and all that), he had a 700 rachuig bill to pay... now because that hes not an adult and cant work full time im guessing a $300+ tounament entry thats including the hotel and stuffs on top of that rachuig payment, id say he would have a hard time paying for another tournament entry fee ontop of all that...

As for the SAJYC i became disinterested in that and those tournaments were clashing with other tournaments and im guessing other bowlers were disinterested... payouts werent amazing and slowly became too much...

Money will always be the problem... its my problem at the moment and cant travel (or i would).

Anyways enough bad grammar from me... i really hope the numbers pick up for tomorrow, i for one will always support these tournaments and hope many others will aswell because it is a good thing for SA...

Alex

i would just like to say thanks to des wragg at atticus management solutions for the sponsership for some to bowl in sailsbury singles this year there was a few name,s bought forward for this but we dicided on one person who deservs this chance so i would like to congratulte ( lorna ) for this spot again thanks for the sponsership des wagg

entrys so far

1 tony stopple
2 alan pryzbysz
3 tony cottrell
4 graham simpson
5 isaac elliot
6 gordon colmer
7 jarrod hill
8 lee hutchinson
9 david sniedze
10 anthony smith
11 jeff stewart
12 phil alcroft
13 peter oliver
14 rob chinner
15 alex class
16 ben billing
17 robert elliot
18 scott miles
19 steve king
20 david heron
21 tavis johnson
22 dave kuhn
23 damien teague
24 steve gartner
25 chris kinevert
26 darren hannam
27 mark cranwell
28 adrain shelton
29 jamie ann kenedy
30 vadim denissenko
31 lorna ( sponered by atticus management solutions )

Alex, I very quickly suggested Des give the sponsorship to Ashley (or someone like him) so not sure what your post is getting at.
Des, great idea. I hope you find someone to do it justice. How about one of the young fellas like Ashley Warren?
It is fantastic the way you support the local tournaments, you are one of the rare few who turns up to just about everything and I congratulate you on that.

Cheers

Tony

Dave, sponsor you? Ha!
I was hoping to get a senior discount!!!
I'm the defending champion and don't get a free entry.
Elizabeth gives free entry for the defending champion!!!!

Cheers

Tony.

Just for fun:

The first correct answer wins a prize (not quite sure what yet).

Can you guess why I used Atticus in the company name?

Des Wragg
Atticus Management Solutions

hey just regarding people not being able to afford to bowl when the enrty form came out over a month ago in the payment area. it says that you can layby your enrty fee well i dont know off any torni that have this oppsion and no one took advantage off this 80% of bowlers leave it to the last week . hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? why

She's quick - Tash Billing is our winner and new quiz queen.

Atticus is the lawyer in "To kill a Mocking bird" who showed amazing strength and integrity throughout the book.

Well done Tash

Back
Top Bottom