salisbury singles classic

Just for fun:
The first correct answer wins a prize (not quite sure what yet).
Can you guess why I used Atticus in the company name?
Des Wragg
Atticus Management Solutions

Because you can :cool: :cool:

& it sounds good.

(Hope I win a house or new car):rolleyes: :p

Thanks Des , and wow i actually got something right LMAO maybe I actually paid attention in english class many years ago....... but thanks to atticus management tho , maybe a new car would go nice hey Des ? *wink * *wink *

I just like to formally thank Des for the opportunity to bowl in this tournament.

I look for to the competition and hope I do him proud.

Thanks again Des

Lorna

Results after qualifying round

1. Alex Klass 2193 219.3
2. Adrian Shelton 2182 218.2
3. Isaac Elliott 1993 199.3
4. Scott Miles 1987 198.7
5. Shane Tunnah 1979 197.9
6. Alan Pryzbysz 1972 197.2
7. David Kuhn 1958 195.8
8. Lee Hutchison 1951 195.1
9. Tony Stoppel 1950 195.0
10. Tavis Johnson 1927 192.7
11. Jared Hill 1890 189.0
12. Rob Chinner 1866 188.6
13. Tony Cottrell 1865 186.5
14. Damien Teague 1861 186.1
15. Anthony Smith 1848 184.8
16. Vadim Denissenko 1794 179.4

Good luck all for match play tomorrow

Congratulations Tony Stoppel on a great win, particularly under pressure when it mattered in the last game.

Might have something to do with the balls of the man, and his balls.

Max

Congratulations go to Tony Stoppel for making it back-to-back in the Salisbury Singles Classic. 2nd place went to Alex Klass and 3rd Adrian Shelton.

The tournament was close the whole way through and very enjoyable to watch. Klass was the bowler to beat after qualifying followed very closely by Shelton, only 11 sticks behind.

Matchplay was where wins counted for 30 bonus pins, and Stoppel took full advantage. Qualifying in a distant 9th (243 pins down), Stoppel, 12/3 for the day, shot a 216.33 avg and a final game of 258 to steal the win by 12 pins.

Klass bowled consistently for the whole tournament, shooting 219.3 avg qualifying and a 206.33 avg matchplay for a weekend of 211.52.

Shelton shot a combined average of 208.76 for the weekend to finish 3rd.

Full results attached below.

Congratulations again to Tony, Alex and Adrian.

View attachment qualifying.pdf
View attachment matchplay.pdf

Congratulations to Tony, well done to Alex also who bowled great all weekend but just could'nt hold off the fast finishing Tony.

I'm sure Tony would like to thank his sponsor (Croydon Mcdonalds) for there support this morning.

And yes, not a bananna in site today.

Re: salisbury singles classic results

i just like to thanks all the bowlers who entred and made this a good week end congratulations tony well done mate thats 2 in a row

1st tony stoppel 5555 ave 208
2nd alex class 5543 ave 212
3rd adrain shelton 5489 ave 209
4th shane tunnah 5402 ave 203
5th david kuhn 5202 ave 197
6th damieen teague 5114 ave 193
7 th rob chinner 5095 ave 193
8th scott miles 5095 ave 195
9th lee hutchinson 5073 ave 193
10th alan pryzbysz 5025 ave 194
11th jarrod hill 5020 ave 194
12th tavis johnson 4918 ave 189
13th tony cottrell 4883 ave 188
14th anthony smith 4838 ave 185
15th isaac elliot 4743 ave 186
16th vadim denissenko 4259 ave 169

Congratulations Tony, well done, good to see the Seniors still going strong, and even spelt your name correct, thats gotta be good as well....Tony L

Well done to Tony.
I'm very proud of you dear, you came back from a fair way down the qualifyiers list to triumph again. You may have a big mouth but you sure can bowl!

A big congrats to Alex too, I'd be very annoyed if some overweight old fart pipped me at the post in the very last game, you bowled well on both days but Tony's wins to losses ratio on Sunday was the killer.

Unfortunately I didn't get to go and watch this year but from what I have heard it was a good tournament again. Well done to Graham, Belinda and the Bowland Salisbury staff for another well run event. Hopefully the entries will be higher next year, Tony likes to bowl at Salisbury but who wants him to win a third one?

(Besides ME of course!!):rolleyes:

Huge congratulations to a great bowler. Well done Tony.
Congratulations to Alex on keeping the big man honest. Made him work for it and I'm sure you are more than willing to step into his shoes next year.

Thanks to all bowlers who supported this event.

Congratulations to Tony, Alex and Adrian... Well done guys... Hey Shelto, hope you kept the pressure on them 'til the end!! Good stuff mate!!

Congratulations Tony, well done.
Lets hope that this tournament is not the same weekend as an ATBSO event.
Put it on an alternative weekend and you'll get a few more entries.

Thanks to Belinda and Graham for going ahead with this event with 20-odd entries, better an event with not many people bowling than no event at all. Well done to Tony too, grew up watching plenty of great bowlers in the late 80's and early 90's of which he was one and wanted to beat them all when i grew up too. Looks like i have to wait for a little bit longer with some of them:D(just wish 3/4 of them hadnt retired though!!!) Hopefully a couple more people from down my way can come up for this and other events next year.

Well what can I say except Yay Me!
Didn't think I could catch the whipper snapper(Alex) and also Adrian who both bowled well for the weekend, but I'm sure their turn will come soon.

Best wishes to Salisbury bowl....Belinda, Simmo, Lee plus John down the back for their effort on the weekend.

I really hope to see more out there next year, these tournaments need to keep going.......

Thanks Robert for your company to and from the bowl and yes to McDonalds at croydon Sunday morning.

Thanks Max for your choice of Equipment. Visionary seems good enough for me.!!

Thanks Glen fuller for once again perfect drilling..........

Thanks all for your posts.

Till we meet again............Starting my Seniors Campaign this week.

Cheers

Tony

Hey simmo,
I see on the tbal calendar this tournament is down for the 22/23rd of september next year. I know it's early but most of us will be away till the 25th september at the seniors nationals, would hate to miss this one. Maybe you can keep a eye out for a alternate weekend to move his one to so all can bowl, maybe a bit earlier in the year.

cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom