Pathetic customer service....AMF Launceston Tas

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok no body kill me but these are my opinions.
i bowl this center with foster and benwell and i like the staff, there great most of them most of the time.

ok Lisa sounds like she was abit unfriendly so in this case Mark you have full right to complain although calling her a cow when she might of been having a bad day is not the best way to deal, just think of the service you could get next time she's working...

alright perhaps Lisa ain't the best with us, their are better, but in defense i've seen her with the little kids of a saturday mourning and then i haven't seen better. she is great with them, really tries and gets into it. every one has something there good at and that's hers. don't completely diss her on this cause in some areas she is really good. just apparently not customer service to all.

Mr.GrandPrixs said:
Im sure everybody has had a similar experience in their life too, but if you don't bring it to the attention of the right people, then the service is not going to improve.

Mr.GrandPrixs - I am sure just about every league bowler in the Centre in question has had a similar experience with this one staff member! Maybe Mark was sick of seeing fellow bowlers go to the "right people" with their complaints and seemingly be ignored?! Don't get me wrong, I understand your point, but all other avenues seem to have been exhausted with no visible changes in the centre.

Anita, I also see your point when you are talking about Lisa being great with the younger ones in the Centre. But seriously, let's be honest here. Compare the amount of money people such as Mark, myself and even you spend in the Centre, including league fees, food & drink, tournaments, equipment, etc. with the amount the bumper leagues spend each week. Surely we are within our rights to expect at least decent service for our patronage?!

Maybe the person involved in the incident would like to share her thoughts on the matter. I do know that she is a member of this forum.... Then we can hear the stories from both sides.

Just a thought

I'm with Mark, Benwell and KC here! to Anita you say she is good with the little kids well what was Mark trying to do? he was trying to let his "little kid" bowl now if this was a person who had just walked off the street i have no doubt that she would have tried everything she could have to get them back into the centre again but she knows mark will come back no matter how she treats him.
I know i don't have a problem with any-one else that works out there because they treat me with respect which i appreciate!

That's all for now
Katchya's

I would tend to suggest that this would be a much more applicable medium upon which to communicate ones dipleasure at poor service.
Personally speaking, I have been banned from Moonah Bowl 5 times previously for abusive language towards rude counter staff and plenty of other scallywag behaviour towards management.
Whilst I am somewhat older and wiser now {and a lot embarrassed by my wilder antics as younger bloke} one of these "a good bitch site" would have saved me plenty of hassle over the years.
At least that way, those who do not wish to read/partake in the discussion can simply not click on to it.
Also save a big "scene" too.

Relating to the original topic of Bruv's post - I feel it would be improper of me to comment on this as I do not have sufficient knowledge of the situation.

Remember - Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one. :wink:

Customer service

Well......I see exactly where mark is coming from ...he has been bowling since he was knee high to a grasshopper....the amount of money he has put into the centre is huge....so come on lets give him a little credit here...he has been a little different over the years, but all he wanted to do was do the dad thing with his son. 8)

Hello All,

Well it seems some people are being rather aggressive. As In understand the situation people are slinging mud at Lisa for doing her job and following company policy that Mark has known about for years. Should Lisa have gone against her employer and done Mark a favour? No. I'm sure Mark will understand that, with all the jobs he has had in the past, it is not worth risking it. It is also quite funny to see all these antagonisers (thats a big word that means shit stirrers) come out of the woodwork. Remember the critic is the one who cannot do and resorts to challenging those that can. K-C is my favourite person to laugh at when reading her posts. Surely she is not saying that whilst she worked for AMF that she went against company policy and compromised her own proffessionalism? Cause that is the real point here, Lisa maintained her proffessionalism and someone decided to take it personal. tell me mark were you proud to abuse somone infront of your little boy? Do you lose your temper often? She was doing her job and you attacked her for it, embarassed her in front of other staff mambers and what is worse you challenged someone whose proffessionalism is higher than yours ever will be. It is time to mature. Not everyone can be a DJ or a former CD store owner. Not everyone can afford to abuse staff members and still be allowed to enter that centre, let alone not be knocked on their arse. Remember your age, your responisbilities and your manners. Or else it will come back to haunt you. Finally to those that jumped on the bandwagon, well done. You showed the maturity that makes me proud to know all of you. A final quote i feel is in order;
" People in glass houses should not thow stones."
It's an oldie and a goodie and I think that Daniel, Jacqui, Kasey F and especially Mark would do well to remember these.

Tyler

In case you want to know where I'm from, here, Launceston, Newnham to be exact.

I do apologise for long post and big words. Happy Bowling.

I dunno who the hell you are tyler, but you have no idea what you are talking about. You think lisa has professionalism? Some one with professionalism doesn't treat customers rudely or unfairly.

Mark had every right to take his son bowling. He shouldn't have to put up with abuse from staff members. As someone mentioned earlier, lots of kids bowl in street shoes, and they dont have the approach we do. They walk to the line and throw the ball, they dont slide. And if you dont slide, what harm is it doing?

>The Real Deal Posted: 29 Mar 2003 00:27 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>SHE SHOULD WORK FOR A BANK???

>I work for a BANK and a BOWL, and you get the same fantastic friendly service at both of them

>Please people of Perth dont start posting about the great customer service you have received from me, We >dont everyone making thousands of posts taking up room on Grahams site

Ah yes..... but think about the others that work at the bank :wink:

and u r just a star at the bowl :p

CJ

I take it Benwell you have never resurfaced an approach? I also take it you are missing the issue. Have you even listened to lisa's side of the story? It is a fact that all the kids at the bowling centre are asked to wear shoes or bowl in socks. It has ben that way since Launceston opened in 1984 and has always been. Were you there to say that Lisa was rude to Mark? No, but other staff members were there to see Mark lose his temper over a miserly $5 EFTPOS transaction that he already knew he couldn't do. That is the point. He got rude, angry and upset over a mere $5 and then decided to blame it on somone else for company policy. How can you people enjoy slandering someone and spreading there name across the internet and degrading them about an issue at which you were not even present? Benwell, I do not know who you are but I do take it you have never resurfaced an approach, or mopped it after a shit? Street shoes bring mud, crust, food bits and worst of all chewing gum. That is why they are not allowed on the lanes, even if they do not slide. But hey you sound very experienced in the Tenpin bowling department so you probably already knew this, right?

tyler.

Tyler, if the shoes had been inspected to make sure they weren't carrying anything of the things you made reference to, would that have made a difference?

The way I look at it is this in regard to shoes.....

IF THERE IS A PAIR OF SHOES THAT FIT THE CUSTOMER, THE SHOES MUST BE WORN, UNLESS FOR MEDICAL REASONS.

Since the smallest shoe was too big, I, personally would have inspected his normal shoes, and after making sure they weren't carrying anything on them, let him bowl in them. To me, socks are far more dangerous than anything else to bowl in.

Now before you start with the "HAVE YOU EVER RESURFACED AN APPROACH" stuff...... just to let you know, YES I HAVE. Getting mud and gum off an approach is not fun, but sometimes you have to make allowances.

Andrroo,

The resurfacing question was directed towards Benwellm not yourself. I understand that there are many people who are or have worked in the bowling industry. Good point about the inspecting of the shoes. However my point here is that Mark critiscised Lisa for her foloowing of company procedure, then attacked her on the shoe business. Here are the facts, you cannot eftpos less than $10, it does not matter who you are. Mark did not accept lisa's offer to let his son try the shoe sizes. Considering this there is no way of knowing if it did or did not fit. Lastly no one else was there except Mark and Lisa, this dispute is between them so why are all these other people being so rude as to interfere. Mark has made a mistake in publicly calling her a cow. Everyone else has made a mistake for criticising Lisa on events that they were not a part of. No one here not even myself has the right to comment on this incident. That is my point. I was not there , you were not there, only Mark and Lisa were there and Mark responded out of line by taking the matter up publicly rather than with Lisa and Julie, for this he deserves more than a harsh word. I say give this topic a rest. it is between Lisa and Mark, and because essentially it is Company policy she followed it is between AMF and Mark. Everyone else, including myself, butt out.

Tyler, She is a cow though, and everyone knows it! She brings these things apon herself. As andrew stated, socks are more dangerous that shoes.

Well all i have to say is that i got on here cause not just bout marks post,

Tyler who ever u are, im guessing u work at the bowl, have u been there on a friday nite at all? When lisa is working? she is rude to a lot of people, i have seen it for myself, it is not just this thing with mark, there is a number of things im not happy with her about, plus i have seen her rude to customer on a friday nite not just league bowlers. that is what benwell was prob trying to say as well.

And that was marks point to, shit customer service, there is times when she is good, but hey i cant remeber that , been that long, plus does she want to get rid of our league bowlers, u should treat them with a bit of respect as well.

just my thoughts take it the way u want to.

Well said jackie! Tyler, i know for a fact lisa doesnt like me, and i couldnt care less, but when it affects the service i get, thats when its not acceptable.

I don't work at the bowl any longer people. And yes i have been there on a friday night, I have been there on any night and been there more than most. I believe that everyone here is out of line as far as putting personal greivances on this forum about Lisa. If you have a problem be mature enough to talk to her about it. If not then shut up, before someone shuts you up.

If my point isn't clear I might have to go into discussuing area's where I feel everyone else is lacking? just to show you how it feels to be embarassed or discussed on the internet.

Tyler,

Maybe it might be an idea to let us all know who u are, seeing that you are talking about AMF company policies a fair bit. I will remind you that you signed a document that says you can be sued for devulging company policies on a public forum, whether you still work there or not.

Hyden I have stated my name, I am Tyler. And i have not stated any of AMF's policies that are not mentioned above in the forum or on the internet. I have not released any information about AMF gained when I was working at the bowling centre. Considering I have not incriminated myself in any way and only defended someone whom you have called a friend I do not see how my identity and disclosure of public knowledge has anything to do with this topic. I belive this topic should be put to rest. Those people whom have complaints should follow CORRECT and PROPER channels and act in a mature and responsible manner. Those who cannot should be quiet as there words only confirm their ignorance.
Everyone else I wish happy bowling in all upcoming events.

Tyer Johnson

androooo said:
Tyler, if the shoes had been inspected to make sure they weren't carrying anything of the things you made reference to, would that have made a difference?

The way I look at it is this in regard to shoes.....

IF THERE IS A PAIR OF SHOES THAT FIT THE CUSTOMER, THE SHOES MUST BE WORN, UNLESS FOR MEDICAL REASONS.

Since the smallest shoe was too big, I, personally would have inspected his normal shoes, and after making sure they weren't carrying anything on them, let him bowl in them. To me, socks are far more dangerous than anything else to bowl in.

Just on the whole shoe side of things, in my time bowling around the place i have seen five people bowling in street shoes, that was their normal delivery, neither used to slide and two of them were even off a five step delivery! (ive got names too, just dont know if i should give them out to prove my point). When questioned about it, i was led to understand that as long as they were wearing a non marking sole (also known as a gum sole, i remember one of the persons in question used to bowl in a pair of airwalk skate shoes) so it doesnt leave any rubber on the approach and mess up other peoples games, it would then be fine (of course they have to be clean). If that is the case (what androo said) there is no reason why this goes against center policy (in terms of fouling approaches).

Now on the opposite side of the fence, during the recent junior nationals in canberra a woman was injured when the center ordered her to bowl in street shoes. It happened during one of those 'all you can bowl' nights when she was bowling with family. Their excuse at the time was that there wasnt any sized shoes left in the center that she wanted (there might have been 20 people in there at the time), so they suggested she bowl in street shoes. Now the part where the center becomes negligent is right about here. No offence to the party involved (im not having a go at you if anyone knows the woman) she is not exactly small in stature, the inevitible happened, after a little while she went over and fell onto the lane. She did cosiderible damage to her knee as a result of bowling in her shoes. Now im not going to go into the whole treatment of her (because that is just slinging off at the center in question) but needless to say she was helped, by her family into their car and taken away (she couldnt walk on the leg, and it was pretty evident that she had done some real damage).

It wasnt a one off either, another man within the same group was told the same thing, luckily he didnt do any damage. Im not naming the center in question because there is no point, this only serves as an example to raise the issue for both sides of the fence.

It really comes down to risk analysis, i could imagine it costs a packet to insure a center, they have policies like the above to keep themselves and the customer free of harm. Would you rather they increase their charges through the roof in order to cover costs?, if that is the case then you will have a whole lot of people complaining about lineage fees.

Take care, and think outside the square you live in (not having a go at anyone).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom