Pathetic customer service....AMF Launceston Tas

Status
Not open for further replies.
well where do i start???

Took my little boy (who is 3) in for a bowl today (27th), and went to pay for game on eftpos, and was told that the minium amount is $10....(no signs to state this) never had any trouble in the past! (must be for the fact that i spend thousands there) ,then she lied to me..........wont mention her name...........LISA COOK.....and tried to tell me that the transaction would cost them $10 to do it, where im 95% sure that it costs 3% of the total transaction........then was told that he would require shoes, when i know for a fact that the smallest shoe is to big for him!!!, so then i was told he would need to bowl in socks!!!.......mmmmmm......make for an interesting law suit if he dropped the ball on his foot!!, which would of no doubt broken it......so thats my thoughts!!

REMEMBER "amf" :..................IF U PAY PEANUTS.......YOU WILL GET MONKEYS!

Oh by the way - Lisa you're a cow

Mark Foster

If it costs them $10 to do the transaction, surely they would wanna charge you more than the $10, cos wouldnt they not me making anything on the game? Only paying the bank fee?

Sounds like you got someone, having a great day.....

Dont worry when u come to Perth I will look after you :)

armm well if u dont wont your little boy to drop a ball on his feet dont take him bowling !! u said that you already knew the smallest shoe wouldnt fit him and as a bowler u should already know it is not appropriate for people to wear their outside shoes onto the approach !! and WOW OH MY GOD there isnt a sign for a minimum eftpos transaction, no big deal, i know it is an inconvenience but geeze man chill out stop complaing about every little thing in a bowl we are trying to promote this sport!! and yes that is true about the transactions surely it wont cost them the exact same price as what the transaction was other wise no business would use eftpos machines

laterz

I can see both points here, eftpos doesnt cost ten bucks no way sounds like something shady going on there......
I have 1 query though im not 100 percent sure but i dont think bowling centres take any laibility for any one hurting them selves on a lane.
About 2 years ago not long after the approaches were resurfaced i slipped and cut my leg on the guttering.......the bowl nver took any resonsibility..
But i agree customer service should be at the fore front.....after all they should want to keep your business.
Just my thoughts any way :D

i would, and have let a 3y/o wear his own shoes, after i have checked them to ensure they are o.k . i would not let anyone that fits into house shoes bowl in street shoes unless there was some medical reason. eftpos fees are usually around that 3% mark plus machine rental

cobow :)

I would just like to say to Datsun's rock, I do not think that Mark is complaining as you put. Nor does he do it all the time. He has done a fair bit for this sport in my eyes by trying to give us bowlers a cheaper alternative for buying equipment. So you have no right to go off at him. He was expressing his disappointment in AMF - as do many on a daily basis. If a child has feet too small for their hideous shoes, then I would almost guarantee that most if not all centres let SMALL children wear their street shoes. I think Lisa was out of line in this instance and Mark should take this matter further.

As for eftpos purchases - NORMALLY in most places there is a sign up saying that there is a minimum purchase price, i too, would assume that there is no limit if there is no signage. But then, this is just my opinion and I will stick to what i said before - MARK HAD A RIGHT TO HAVE HIS SAY AT THIS TIME!!

Peace - No war!!!
Martina

Take your son to Moonah for a game they let you bowl in whatever you like down there
I saw Crammond bowl a practise game in steel capped blunnies one day off a 3 step shot last year
Most of the juniors are always having practice balls in sandshoes, half the street bowlers wear the counter shoes outside anyway making them useless............eftpos is about 1 or 2 bucks i think btw each transaction
I agree with yous tho, it is a bit mean

Well i have to say that mark is not complaining, i bowl league at this centre, mark has taken his little boy there to bowl before has never been a prob until now.

If i was him i would take it further, i know i have stuff i want to take futher, but thats another thing. i think it was harsh of lisa to do that, wearing his sneakers would not have hurt the approaches, is not like he has a proper approach with a slide or anything, and the thing with eftpos, she cant do that without signs up saying, plus mark has used eftpos there heaps of times before.

that is all i have to say for now,

jack

I have to agree with Marty, Mark is not complaining and yes most places do have signs saying minimum eftpos purchase. Ben and I take our almost 2 year old son bowling and we have no trouble, he bowls with a 6lb and he wears his own shoes!!! Ok so he does not bowl a whole game , but thats not the point I have taken less than 10 bucks out at a bowl and not been complained at. However this was not an AMF centre but still it should not matter. Mark and everyone else should be able to take their children (even the tiny tots) for a game of bowls without getting the grief Mark did this one time.

Our son bowls everytime we are the bowl, he sees mum and dad bowling and Granda running the pro shop so I think it's natural that he would.
He absolutely enjoys it, gives us high fives and everything so watch out for Caleb Billing in the next tourney!! :lol:

Hey Mark...chill out man....Lisa has obviously got no idea about customer service and should probably be working in a bank, not a bowl.

Not worth getting yourself wound up about....but appreciate how you feel...see it all the time.

On legals, most places have public liability insurance but will never admit liability....its safer and keeps their premiums down. If you get hurt in someone elses place....ride it and push them for compensation. :x

On legals, most places have public liability insurance but will never admit liability....its safer and keeps their premiums down. If you get hurt in someone elses place....ride it and push them for compensation.

of course their not going to admit it.. who wants to be sued $1.2 million cos someone scratched their arm? cos some dick tripped over a small crack the size of a 10c piece. :roll: the whole "pushing for compensation" thing is why premiums blah blah u know where its headed...

back to the topic,
i agree with mark.. be pissed off all u want and can be.. that is bullshit

re amf launcestone lanes

Mark I read your posting Re pathetic service AMF Launceston and I must say I was extremely disappointed but not suprised that you did not tell the whole story. Before slating the service of one incident, think back over the years and the service, freebies and discounts you have received from Launceston Lanes and you will realise what everyone who knows you there is ,that you have received a very good deal in the past and will continue to do so> Launceston Lanes is well known for its good customer service and you of all people should know better than to slate it.

I just wanna say, i bowl in the same center as foster, and completely agree that lisa is a total *****, and as i hear there have been numerous complaints about her.

I don't want to comment too much either way , however I will make make 1 general comment that was half mentioned by Mark.

Regular bowlers like Mark who have been loyal customers for many, many years expect and deserve to be treated well. After all god knows how much he along with all of us has spent over the years - which in turn keeps the bowl going. As for the comment of service and freebies over the years .... yes, as a rule service at Launceston is good, however so it should be, most sucessful businesses treat their VIP and repeat business clients well in appreciation for support ...... it's not all one way traffic and the sooner AMF realise this the better! We won't hold out breath!

That's all for now.

SHE SHOULD WORK FOR A BANK???

I work for a BANK and a BOWL, and you get the same fantastic friendly service at both of them :D

And Im gonna agree with Kaotickate..... Sounds like the bad customer service is from Lisa, not AMF launceston as a whole...... Remember the people that have given u great customer service, and post about them.

Please people of Perth dont start posting about the great customer service you have received from me, We dont everyone making thousands of posts taking up room on Grahams site :)

kaotickate, looking back over my post, im pretty sure i didnt miss anything except maybe the bit...where i called her a cow, in which i was explaining to my son that we cant bowl yet, as i have to get money from the ATM,he said why?, and i said coz the lady behind the counter is being a cow!......Then i was told that if i kept it up i would be banned for abuseing staff!, mmm dont remember abuseing her.Then i said to her.... that she provides the worst customer service............But i do apoligise to most of the staff there, as on occasions they have looked after me....Enough said.

Mark Foster 8)

Guys, I have read all the posts listed and can't believe how much crap can be written about someone's opinion on a bad customer service situation. Im sure all the people that have voiced there opinion are up to date the latest legistrations from the Government.
If someone wanted to be really nasty there are some posts listed that could encourage some lagal action.
I suggestion that an apology is in order, and your opinion voiced through the right channels and not over the internet.
Im sure everybody has had a similar experience in their life too, but if you don't bring it to the attention of the right people, then the service is not going to improve.
As a centre manager, if I had a $1 for everytime someone whinged about something I would be rich, but instead of going through the right channels they prefer to complain to others and voice there own opinions.

Really sounds like a WIN, Win situation guys, more like just opening a can of worms for others to jump on the bandwagon....

I have also read all the posts listed and I think all those people have a perfect right to express their feelings here.
Good luck to Mark Foster who has had the guts to put his complaint to print. As for going through the right channels who is to say this is not a right channel ?
Technology has finally given the consumer a means to fight back.
Why is it that more and more consumer web sites are being created ?
Its because the old attitude "he's only a bowler" or "he's only a customer" is no longer acceptable.
Just as Legends Gold Coast got a thank you for friendly service so should the bad ones get a mention for not so friendly service.
As for the implication regarding legal action, if that is in your thoughts when a bowler complains about something, maybe you should reconsider your career path.

For the person who said this wouldnt be the right channell to express their opinion, well I believe that there is a website dedicated to people "whinging" or "voicing their opinion" over poor customer service. It is perfectly legal I'm sure to express your opinion as long as its not slanderism nor false.
Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom