Drilling price increase

Hi all
According to AMF Noarlunga staff tonight, drilling prices for new balls will increase to $80 as of January 2006. Apparently this move is to counter ball importers undercutting AMF prices.
The example I was given is that a certain importer in Adelaide can sell a Trifecta for less than AMF. If that person then pays for drilling at an AMF centre then AMF lose money.
I was told that it is likely that prices for plugging and redrilling will remain the same. It is only new balls that will be subject to this increase.
Just thought you guys ought to know.

This means that the AMF $30 discount on High Tech balls has just been wiped out!!

It was nice to receive a small package from AMF tonight, slogan "Goodbye 2005 Hello 2006 - Somewhere Different AMF.

The wallet sized envelope included a host of specials, Pro Shop dollar discounts and has included my favourite 2006 perfect attendance reward (10 free games). It's around this time of the year that AMF bring out the specials for the "Bread and Butter" bowlers - but it is not fair that these are eroded due to other increases.

Anyway - it is good to get something.

;)

DO NOT BE CONCERNED BY THIS ATTITUDE

Our whole aim in the market place is to "bring bowling back to the bowler".

We have top quality drillers in every state of Australia who will do the right thing by our customers, please feel free to contact us for names of those good people.

The above mentioned centre has the opportunity to purchase wholesale from us and save money too if they wish, however, it seems that they choose not to as we are 'the opposition'. Since the change in structure of AMF in Australia, no AMF centre is obligated to buy from the AMF warehouse - it is entirely up to the centre as to where they purchase from. A prime example, look at what AMF in Queensland is doing with their retail prices now - looking after their customers !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because the ball is cheap doesnt mean its goin to cost an arm and a leg to get it drilled, look at Gavin at Richlands, extremely cheap balls, with drilling in the price, its a win-win situation.

It's amazing how some centres will dig their heels in. Not only are they going to lose out on the sale of a ball, due to what ever reason. But then they'll cut off their nose despite their face and lose out on the drilling as well.

Do they really think that putting up the price of drilling will endear the customer to them :rolleyes:

Gary

Its funny the viewpoints of some business decisions...

What is the number 1 cost to businesses? DEPRECIATION.

Walk down to your local proshop and look at some of the balls on offer. Too often I walk in and see balls that have been discontinued for 4 years or more. I even walked into a centre less than a month ago and saw an original black ninja. How about a Fuze eliminator anyone? :D

Name 1 serious bowler that would buy a ball 4 years old. Haha, I personally wouldnt!!! I'd prefer to get a current line ball, at a lower cost, with specs that I request!!!

Anyone in Melbourne looking for a driller that doesnt cost the earth, yet gets results, im more than happy to accomodate their needs. Bowlers in other states, contact Max, and he will look after you.

Cheers!

It’s great to knock the centre with the ‘out of date’ equipment but why not be grateful that they have stock for those ‘buy now’ people. When purchasing high performance gear its very tricky knowing what will sell and what won’t. Its guess work. But someone has to purchase it and carry it until it sells. Most people in the past have been content with placing orders with special requests and receiving the goods as soon as possible. Now we have a supplier who will sell wholesale and retail. With wholesale prices being around $20 cheaper than retail what makes anyone think that any proshop will survive. Example being a ball costing the customer $300 would be sold to a proshop for $280. Why would I bother? It’s called survival and for this reason I do not have a problem where any bowler buys a ball. I am all for bowlers saving money and all for new suppliers providing bowlers with better service.
Just my two cents worth. But just for the record I will not encourage any bowler to buy elsewhere.
Doriana
Werribee Superbowl

If this is correct, I wonder how many bowling balls a pro-shop would have to sell to cover expences & wages with a such a small markup. The cost of leasing a pro-shop, buying equipment, plus wages can be very expensive.

Just my Thoughts,

Andrew

Let's get this in context. What Doriana is saying is quite true, without mentioning names, she is referring to us and our prices and the difference between wholesale and retail. The gap, whilst not huge, is a "LITTLE" more than $20.00. What we have largely alleviated though is the 70 to 100% mark-up from importer to wholesale and then the 70 to 100% mark-up from wholesale to retail.

In the majority of instances our wholesale price is cheaper than other distributors and the big difference is that we can in 99% of situations, supply within 10 days at most. We do not wait for balls to come by sea, nor do we have 3 to 4 week delays in getting our gear cleared through Customs. Nor do proshops buying from us place an order and it still is not supplied in 3 to 4 months. MANY proshops around Australia receive their equipment (specifically ordered from the US) from us within 5 days to 7 of ordering as Doriana has found out for herself...............

Our retail pricing does not include drilling, that is where the proshops can make their profit to cover those expenses. If a proshop charged our retail price + drilling at a fair price, there is still plenty of money in it for them.

As has been completely explained when we wrote to all proshops earlier this year, we can save those entities significant dollars as now they do not have to stock their proshop with equipment which is going to sit on their shelves for years to come. NOW they can buy brand new release gear when they have the orders, knowing they will be filled with as much expediency as is humanly possible. If anybody wants referees, we have plenty available.

The Australian bowler has been RIPPED OFF by so much for so long before we generated this business, it is only of recent times that the bowling public has been able to purchase their CURRENT gear at fair prices.

All we are trying to do is present a better deal for everyone, those that have purchased from us in the last 8 months or so are now fully aware of how they can be looked after, including numerous proshops around Australia.

As we have heard so many times over the last few months, "our regular suppliers can't supply for 3 months, can you help us out?". And how many have we let down??????? Who IS the go-to distributor in Australia? Sometimes that may not leave quite as much fat in a sale as the proshop owner might like, but it sure puts a smile on their customers' faces, and isn't that what it is all about??????

Finally, as many people are now aware, we are putting extraordinary figures back into the Australian bowling industry via sponsorship of players and tournaments. Again, the bowler and the game are the beneficiaries.

On a brighter note, we wish all our customers and other Total Bowling members all the very best for the festive season and a very successful year in 2006.

Regards.........Max & Lee

I FOR ONE WOULD BUY A 4YEAR OLD BALL

CURRENTLY WAITING ON DELIVERY OF SOMETHING A LITTLE OLDER - URETHANE BLACK HAMMER

Unfortunately there are some AMF centres around that feel the only way to hit back at BBA is to charge unrealistic prices for drilling. But i am sure that if you look hard enough, you will find experienced ball drillers in independant pro shops in most states.

And on the subject of markups and the like... Not all pro shops are out to grab your money. My proshop would have to be one of the most expensive to run, due to the good old AMF Money Making Machine. I took on the proshop even though i believe i am paying almost double the lease rates of most independent proshops, with the aim to give back to bowling and bowlers, as i have gotten so much from the sport over the years. And while the shop is still making a profit, most of that profit is pumped back into sponsoring bowlers, leagues etc... And as long as i have a passion for the sport of bowling, this will continue.

I would also like to send out a big thankyou to all the bowlers who have supported the 11th Frame since opening in September 05. I look forward to seeing you all agin in 2006.

Cheers

Peter Biggs

Shops awesome Peter, So happy too you are a Storm dealer too...hehe

Paradigms going well. Still working on that release....hahaha

newcastle superstrike seems to have good prices

$30.00 per drilling
$5.00 for fingertips
$7.50 for a slug

and IF u buy the ball off them it only costs u for the slug and fingertips
:D

Back
Top Bottom