Please Explain!

jockey

Can the new management of AMF / Bowl Australia please provide the long suffering loyal AMF bowlers a justification on the new price structure.

We would certainly have thought that some reward for those of us who have endured the sometimes bi annual price increases may have been provided. Having experienced it for 20 years it is now obvious to me that rather than lining the pockets of greedy americans we are now going to line the pockets of greedy australians instead. What has changed?

If your price for league members is $5.00 per game as advertised on your newly erected signs how come my league is still forking out at a $5.55 per game rate?

It seems australians are no smarter at running bowling centres than those greedy americans are. Seems they are content to see people just walk in and walk straight out again. After seeing the prices can you blame them!

I wonder if the management thought to get feedback from their counter staff before the decision on prices were made. When the social revenue stream dries up then I'm afraid the company will fold as by that time the existing long term regular league players will be long gone.

While the opportunity existed to reestablish a sound loyal bowler base the company has sadly chosen to join the ranks of the bowling bar eastablishment. Sadly out to just siphon money out of the public.

To think that we may now have to pay $5 to bowl a practice game next year just makes me think that my time left in this sport is going to be much shorter than expected.

1000 games at $3= $3000
500 games at $5= $2500

do the maths AMF

AMF= ANOTHER MAJOR F***-UP

I will give you an example of AMF wisdom;

Dee Why Bowl opens with new machines, Synthetic Lanes, everything in the Centre new; paint job, carpet, seating, ball returns, new scoring system, etc.

Mayfield Bowl, built in 1962 with over lane ball returns, lots of stairs to climb to get into the place, what happens when you get in, what do you see; Ball returns that look like a flinstones cartoon, lanes that have'nt been re-surfaced for 7 years, I will repeat that, lanes that have'nt been re- surfaced for 7 years ( and look like it ), 43 year old machinery that has had no updates, second hand seating, second hand scoring ( ex Penrith Bowl ), carpet thats been down at least 8 years etc, etc.

So your asking whats the point? It must surely cost more to bowl at Dee Why than Mayfield, thats the point AMF in thier wisdom charged the same rates, WHY?

I'm sure someone out there knows why, or was it all a big mistake. Mayfield when sold by AMF was doing 12-13 linage ( games per day per lane ) Dee Why when it opened was doing 40 plus linage but has quickly come back to earth with a thud, not even the people with money want to pay those rates.

Mayfield is now doing 18-19 linage with cheaper rates, so maybe there is a point where people find the prices tolerable.

jmho.

willey.

Jockey:
The $5.55 ppg would be night league fees. Simple as that. Doesn't matter what the practice rate is.
As for the $5 practce games, I do agree that it is expensive compared to previous prices and independant centre prices, but when you compare that to the average adult price of around $8, it's still offering a benifit for league bowlers. My guess is that the 3 game practice rate is around $14? Compared to social of about $23?

Tonx:
The maths of 1000 x $3 = $3000 and 500 x $5 = $2500 is sound on the surface. However you're talking about taking $500 extra while doing 500 more games. 500 games more wear & tear on the machines. 500 games more for maybe an extra 100 "league" bowlers compared to having the lanes to do 500 games of "social" bowlers who will spend more in the cafe and on game rate.

jockey said:
Can the new management of AMF / Bowl Australia please provide the long suffering loyal AMF bowlers a justification on the new price structure.

We would certainly have thought that some reward for those of us who have endured the sometimes bi annual price increases may have been provided. Having experienced it for 20 years it is now obvious to me that rather than lining the pockets of greedy americans we are now going to line the pockets of greedy australians instead. What has changed?

If your price for league members is $5.00 per game as advertised on your newly erected signs how come my league is still forking out at a $5.55 per game rate?

It seems australians are no smarter at running bowling centres than those greedy americans are. Seems they are content to see people just walk in and walk straight out again. After seeing the prices can you blame them!

I wonder if the management thought to get feedback from their counter staff before the decision on prices were made. When the social revenue stream dries up then I'm afraid the company will fold as by that time the existing long term regular league players will be long gone.

While the opportunity existed to reestablish a sound loyal bowler base the company has sadly chosen to join the ranks of the bowling bar eastablishment. Sadly out to just siphon money out of the public.

To think that we may now have to pay $5 to bowl a practice game next year just makes me think that my time left in this sport is going to be much shorter than expected.
LIKE TO SEE AMF'S FINANCIAL REPORT. IAM SURE THE PROFITS ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH.?

willey said:
I will give you an example of AMF wisdom;

Dee Why Bowl opens with new machines, Synthetic Lanes, everything in the Centre new; paint job, carpet, seating, ball returns, new scoring system, etc.

Mayfield Bowl, built in 1962 with over lane ball returns, lots of stairs to climb to get into the place, what happens when you get in, what do you see; Ball returns that look like a flinstones cartoon, lanes that have'nt been re-surfaced for 7 years, I will repeat that, lanes that have'nt been re- surfaced for 7 years ( and look like it ), 43 year old machinery that has had no updates, second hand seating, second hand scoring ( ex Penrith Bowl ), carpet thats been down at least 8 years etc, etc.

So your asking whats the point? It must surely cost more to bowl at Dee Why than Mayfield, thats the point AMF in thier wisdom charged the same rates, WHY?

I'm sure someone out there knows why, or was it all a big mistake. Mayfield when sold by AMF was doing 12-13 linage ( games per day per lane ) Dee Why when it opened was doing 40 plus linage but has quickly come back to earth with a thud, not even the people with money want to pay those rates.

Mayfield is now doing 18-19 linage with cheaper rates, so maybe there is a point where people find the prices tolerable.

jmho.

willey.
And don,t forget if amf reduce the bowling fee,s In summer the air conditioning is turn off ,energy saving LOL,LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom