A new way to fleece us????

Broni,

I think I know you pretty well.
I am sure that at the end of the day your beef is more about the fact that Jagga had to source moneys from outside the bowl. Yes it’s a 50 cent fee but how much is the bank also charging us for the same transactions these days?

In the mixed of it all maybe the bowl should of said its X amount of dollars for you and Jagga to bowl + you can get up to $50.00 out for your dinner, that’s a total of X amount of dollars,+ your $0.50 cent charge.:) I mean from what I understand that there is maximum cash out, it doesn’t have a maximum transaction made. That way bowling is paid for and hopefully $50.00 is enough to cover you both for dinner.
Sometimes in the mixed of it weather it be bowling, mechanics :) or general everyday life a bit of "think outside the square" has to come into play.

I know at the end of the day maybe they have to charge a 50 cent fee but if you didn’t have to go up the road to get cash, you more than likely would have shrugged off the 50 cent charged and remembered never to used eftpos there again.

This is by no means a shot at anyone, just an example of how to beat the system!

Thank-you Tiger for your p.m and thanks for accepting my apology.
To all concerned, we have settled our misinterpretation and we remain friends................that matter of the inappropriate accusations has been buried.

Thanks
Neville

Broni, I saw that sign the other week, and asked whats the go with that, and one of the staff members said its for social bowlers, so I didnt get charged.

OH MY GOD,

WHAT A GREAT BIG FUSS ABOUT NOTHING!!!!
BRAD & I HAVE JUST ARRIVED AT THE BOWL FOR SHONTAY & KHYNAN'S LEAGUE AND I HAVE THE SIGN IN MY HAND.....

WHICH READS AS FOLLOWS

TO ALL SOCIAL BOWLERS
THERE IS NOW A 50c CHARGE ON
ALL EFTPOS CASH WITHDRAWALS
MIN. CASH WITHDRAWAL $20
MAX CASH WITHDRAWAL $50
Centre Management

Broni,
Did a staff memeber ACTUALLY turn you away (due to your transaction being more than $50) or did you assume you would be charged & denied enough money for bowling and dinner?????

I would hope this has not escalated out of control over pure assumption

Brunswick Tech said:
The financial insitutions charge the bowling centre a fee for having EFTPOS available, most centres absorb this fee if they know that the money being withdrawn, will be spent in their facility.
Certainly a strange decision to charge a fee on the circumstances described...............just another indicator of the finacial dilemma being faced by bowling centres worldwide.
Tiger, your disclaimer does not hide the fact that you are prepared to disobey company policy and act on your opinions regarding the matter.
Regardless how right or wrong you think company policy is.................you shouldn't wilfully disobey it, if your prepared to make allowances on this transaction, what other transactions will you decide need to be modified to suit the circumstances that you deem are not proper?
Remember............the beginning of a habit is like an invisible thread, but every time we repeat the act we strengthen the strand, add to it another filament, until it becomes a great cable and binds us irrevocably, thought and act!!
Neville
you should join the priesthood mate and call yourself father nev.....you have too much time on your hands and too much too say ,does nothing need fixed where you work?????????

Well, thanks for the advice, Tony, I'm flattered. I thought about joining the preisthood on several occassions, also thought about becoming a school chaplain.
I may seem to have time on my hands, but it all comes down to organisation and planning my time to make the most use from it.

Too much to say? Since becoming a member of this site, I post .14 times per day.......since your time as a member you post .25 times per day, so if I have too much to say, what does that make you?

No, not much needs fixin where I work, what does need fixing, I employ and supervise other people to undertake the repairs..............that's my job.

You have judged me by my screen name......LOL, should I also judge you by your screen name? Your a baby Tony!!

Why don't you veiw the public profile of a member for the facts before you start your drivel, that's why it's there!.........LOL

Neville

[QUOTTO ALL SOCIAL BOWLERS
THERE IS NOW A 50c CHARGE ON
ALL EFTPOS CASH WITHDRAWALS
MIN. CASH WITHDRAWAL $20
MAX CASH WITHDRAWAL $50
Centre ManagementE][/QUOTE]

Thats sounds fairly normal for most places having EFTPOS facilities. My local fast food chciken shop charges 40c on top of your order cost. They just recouping the bank charges, seems fair to me after all EFTPOS is provided as a service.

Back
Top Bottom