JESTERBET " 2007 Assoc Challange Odds"

hamster

Just a Bowler
Welcome everyone to the Association Challange of 2007. The Challange is into it's 15th year and will be hosted by Bundeberg at Bundy Bowl on the Queen's Birthday week-end in June.

The Assoc Challange is done to the theme of " Knights of the Realm". We have a Ruler in Lord Errol. ( I believe he is open to Bribes)
There are also Ladies and Sirs who are honoured for their contributions to the Assoc.( Bribery again )
Bowlers can also achieve the Title of King's Knight ( 300 game) and Prince or Princess ( 299 game ).
Finally there's the postion that is a thankless job.We are " THE JESTERS ". Well its just Dale Warren and me.

For those that don't know how it runs, here is a brief run down. We bowl in 5 man teams in 18 matches( play each assoc twice in men and ladies divisions).1 Point is awarded for each individual match and Petersen points on the team pinfall.

Now for the part you have been waiting for. The Definative ODDS of this years challange.

Gold Coast: ( The Most Dominating Team in Assoc History) 2-1
This team has a 50% success rate when it comes to the Challange ( 7 out of 14). Last years Champions have always been the bench mark with several rep players through out their squad.

Mens: 6-4
Have pretty much the core of the team that ran 2nd last yr. Have been bolstered with the inclusion of 2 ATBSO reps. They have the arsenal to go one better. Only injuries can stop them.
Jim "Sooty" Murray 5-2
David Turnage 5-2
Brendon Cairn 10-1
Jesse Andrews 12-1
Brian " Gillian" Lobby 5-1
Craig Greenhill 16-1
Jason Pearson 6-1

Ladies: 7-4
Last years Champion basically led from the start and was never headed. Have had a few changes from last years squad but with Assoc stars Kellie Hart and Tanya Stevenson, they look hard to beat.
Kellie Hart 5-2
Michelle Oberman 3-1
Carol Hunt 10-1
Andrea Taggert 10-1
Tanya Stevenson 5-2
Becky Maderson 18-1
Joanne Greenup 25-1

Ipswich: 20-1
Both teams struggle last year and in my view had a dissappointing challange.
Really need the men to fire and the women to fight for every point possible. One of the outsiders.

Men:8-1
Could be the surprise packet in the mens division. Have some very capable bowlers on their day but they need to do it all 3 days. With recent perfect gamer Johan De lange and power player Adam Jefferd, these guys could do the job.
Johan De lange 16-1
Adam Jefferd 6-1
Jason Podlich 8-1
James Corbett 12-1
Tom Cupit 16-1
Dino Margiolas 20-1
Shane Hurst 10-1

Ladies:20-1
Have lost a few of the regulars to opposing association. Need to do the basics very well to trouble a few of the top opponents. Lead by top qualifier Bev Britt and Twin Tour performer Alice Margiolas a top 5 finish will be a great effort.
Bev Britt 12-1
Chris Dutney 12-1
Alice Margiolas 16-1
Anne-Marie Cupit 18-1
Darlene Stanton 25-1
Rebekka Jefferd 30-1
Renee Thomas 40-1

Toowoomba:33-1
Really have been struggling over the last few years. Have won the Challange back in '94. Probably need to fix up their back yard first before they could be a threat again.

Mens:33-1
Really haven't been a threat to the title over the years but can dent the chances for others when things come together. With 2003 All star Alex Winch and the blooding of some youth bowlers things might turn around.
Jason Dawidowicz 10-1
Alex Winch 16-1
Nathan Brennan 12-1
Kevin Portner 25-1
Carl Van Bockel 30-1
Jason Schloss 33-1
Bob Tray 40-1

Ladies:12-1
Have done a little better than the men over recent years but really need a gun bowler or 2. Always consistant without threating. Hayley Donnelly and Rae Mayzes will provide the backbone to this team. Needs luck.
Hayley Donnelly 8-1
Rea Mayzes 14-1
Sam Dawidowicz 14-1
Paula Tray 20-1
Nikki Short 25-1
Chris Grundon's Mum 30-1 ( Marilyn )
Lyn Sanders 40-1

Kingaroy: 16-1
One of the Improving sides in the Assoc over recent times. Have had some good individuals but never really done it as a team. Still need a player or two to come thru the ranks.

Mens: 10-1
Led by Marilyn's Baby Boy, Chris Grundon, this team will surprise a few of the higher ranked teams. Also under the guidance of Sir Dean Pilgram they need to put the sword to those who they can beat.
Chris Grundon 8-1
Shane Vine 16-1
Glen Runduz 16-1
Jimmy Allen 20-1
Peter ?????? 25-1
Dean Pilgram 25-1

Ladies: 8-1
Regular All-star Fiona Pilgram leads this capable group of ladies. Have done reasonably well lately and looking to push the top teams. Recent Twin Tour "Puffs" winner Melanie Acworth will help them achieve this.
Fiona Pilgram 2-1
Shelly Allen 12-1
Kelly Jamieson 14-1
Sue Maynard 18-1
Melanie Acworth 12-1
Wendy Grundon 20-1

Rockhampton: 10-1
2004 Champions , Rocky has come a long way from being easy beats in the past to Contenders. Have developed into a well balanced group. Need the tight matches to go their way. Goal should be breaking into the Top 3.

Mens: 6-1
A team with a great chance.Led by the Jester himself, Dale Warren, this team isn't a one man show. Also with Bundy Bowl lastest 300 bowler and ex state rep Graham Allen the team is pushing for a top 3 result. Great Chance.
Dale Warren 3-1
Graham Allen 7-2
Nathan Stein 7-1
Micheal Wooler 15-1
Ben Johnson 15-1
Geoffrey Stevens 10-1
Brett Robinson 25-1

To all other ladies teams " Beware this Team ". Have a good core to work around with Tammy Gur, Leesa Bartlem and ex Caboolture bowler Amanda Frost. If things go their way,they could be Champions. Danger
Tammy Gur 6-1
lesley Steffen 14-1
Sue Whalan 16-1
Liza Stein 20-1
Leesa Bartlem 8-1
Amanda Frost 4-1
Jessica Johnson 25-1

Caboolture:5-2
Winners in 2005 and Runner-up last year, the Snakes are a great chance of taking the Gold. Both teams a well balanced and a little more experienced after last year short comings. Contenders Again.

Men: 5-2
The Garden Gnome is back again with the BIG C next to his name. Will give the team the direction that is needed for victory. Also the addition of Sir Phil and Journeyman Sir Damo will be an added bonus. Top chance
Andrew "Garden Gnome" Drew 5-2 ( 25-1 to have a messenger )
Brendon Meads 3-1
Craig McCloskey 9-1
Darryl Alford 8-1
Sir Phil Wilkinson 10-1
Sir Damien "Damo" McAndrew 6-1
Nathan Hay 25-1

Ladies: 6-4
Probably a better balanced side than last year. This side has always been up there. With all star Linda Green and the Meads girls expect them to challange again. Just want to send a cherio to 2nd yr veteran Mary Flower.;) Go Close.
Alicia Meads 5-2
Linda Green 5-2
Alana Campbell 10-1
Mary Flower 12-1
Tegan Meads 12-1
Natalie Maynard 20-1
Nikki Daveson 20-1

Sunshine Coast:6-1
Surprisingly this team hasn't won the Big One yet. Have always been up there without crossing the line. The only fully selected team in the Realm. Maybe the couple of changes might make the different. Each-way

Mens:2-1
Last years Champion Mens team led by Sir Chris Quail. Always in the top 4 most years and won't be any difference here.With King's Knight Warren Sutherland and Pirate Peter Brown, these guys will be the bench mark again.
Sir Chris Quail 4-1
Ken Speare 14-1
Warren Sutherland 8-1
Peter Brown 16-1
Shane Jacobs 16-1
Peter McPherson 25-1
Matt Povey 25-1

Team is pretty much the same as last year. With Brando's Mum at the helm they need to improve to give them the chance of taking the TITLE. Needs the likes of Tracy Jacobs and Jacinta 1 and 2 to show the way. A show.

Lady Narrelle Qualischeski 10-1
Tracy Jacobs 8-1
Madeline McGuire 16-1
Judith Brosnan 20-1
Jacinta Brosnan 16-1
Jacinta Gillard 7-1
Julieanne Jackson 30-1

Brisbane: 3-1
3 time winner of this event('98-'00). Could this be their year? Quite possibly if the correct decision are made. Every year this team has had the personal to win but have failed in more ways than one not to get the job done. A bookie's delight.

Mens:5-2
A good solid team on paper. Needs to shake the monkey off its back if they are to take the title. The return of Princess Hammeriod Steve Hampson, Who you might ask? You know, the one year wonder........ don't worry about it !!! Cohesion shouldn't be a problem with 5 memebers from Aspley Bowl. Respect
David Cupit 9-1
Luke Rafton 4-1
Tony "JESTER" Hamilton 4-1
Jason Hird 8-1
Brad Reggars 3-1
Brian "B2" Robinson 12-1
King's Knight Steve Hampson 10-1

Ladies:2-1
A well balanced team with a great chance. Also like the mens need to get things in order. With State rep Tracy Crisp and BBA member Mel Warmington this year could be that things changed for the better. A top chance.

Tracy Crisp 3-1
Mel Warmington 5-2
Mindy Rafton 5-1
Renae Dicker 10-1
Jodie Hampson 10-1
Colleen Sharp 20-1
Cassie Ruddle 16-1

Bundeberg:25-1
Hosts of this years Assoc Challange. Don't know if home advantage can help them this year. Always improving but still need a couple more years before they start to push the top sides.

Men: 16-1
Not a bad side with some youth coming thru the ranks. Need to be more consistant. Experienced campaigner Brendan Thompson will show the way for home side. Needs luck.
Brendan Thompson 12-1
Wade Brown 14-1
Adam Benyon 20-1
Daan Wijker 12-1
Josh McLachlan 25-1
Scott Holst 33-1

Ladies: 25-1
Always competitive but really lacking some punch. Lady Josie Sommer needs a couple of players to step up, not throw up Miss Thompson. Will do the well without threating.

Lady Josie Sommer 16-1
Brodie Thompson 16-1
Carol Thompson 20-1
Ashliegh Firth 20-1
Jenny Dent 33-1
Laura Henry 33-1

Hervey Bay: 33-1
Have really struggled over the years. Needs new blood or enthusiam to help turn things around. Can upset some of the top sides on their day.

Mens: 20-1
Really in the dark here with no team listed as yet.
Ladies:33-1
Same as the men.

hamster

Hamster ,

Had a good laugh reading. Only thing I cant work out is what the odds are for against each individual player ? Its either the odds on making the all stars or most likely the odds of being the most hung over after association dinner ;) (if thats the case your 4:1 looks a little long....more like even money me thinks :( :( ).

Hard to believe that there will only be 2 Jesters, seem to be a dying breed.....I even hear a rumour that Jester Warren wants to do a Morrie and see if he can be knighted.....:rolleyes:

I reackon i would almost pay money to see the Gold Coast Vs Brisbane Mens match it would be a cracker.

Dont suppose anyones taking a video camera up to bundy.

Hope vbookie will be availble for this becuase there will be heaps of $$$$ to be won :D

I will take my video up…I am sure I will get plenty of opportunities too take some footage considering the team I am in…

V-Bookie will be set up for Association Challenge I am sure we could get plenty of different betting combinations…:pencil:

Brisbane vs. Gold Coast has always generated some kind of interest...:wedgie: We can always charge to watch that match…What are you willing to pay…:gunsmilie:

I will take my video up…I am sure I will get plenty of opportunities too take some footage considering the team I am in…
V-Bookie will be set up for Association Challenge I am sure we could get plenty of different betting combinations…:pencil:
Brisbane vs. Gold Coast has always generated some kind of interest...:wedgie: We can always charge to watch that match…What are you willing to pay…:gunsmilie:

Bet, someone say bet. Bring it on

Like your work Tony just 1 problem it's spelt PILGRIM. Not to worry had a good laugh. How bout those drinking odds?

Hey fellas if you look to the right you can see where it used to be. The 4 inches of dust and cobwebs should have given it away. :av-2: :wtf1:

Hey Andy if you leave now you might make it in time for the opening ceremony. :2smiley.php:

35 days and counting,

hamo

oh thats right its sitting in our proshop window at suncity bowl. damn I forgot about that.

Thats right Quail-man, so take a real good look and polish it up real nice because i don't see it returning there on the 12th.
But Miracles do happen. :rolleyes:
Kel, when is the last time you laughed at a Steve "hammer" Hampson 1 liner?:av-2:
C'mon get it right.:slap_1gtk:
You re right about Brissy but for me it was Caboolture in '05.:tongue4:
hammo

I guess we will see. The last three years the mens trophy went to the home team so I guess Bundy going on the stats might just sneak over the line ahead of the rest, I wonder who was the last mens team to win away from home????

Well Plebs, the one of the Greatest events in Queensland Bowling starts in just under 28 days ( actually 27 days 9 hrs 33 mins from NOW!!!) and so far its been BORING.
Where's the sledging, mud-slinging? Which team is going to TALK the TALK and WALK the WALK or is everyone keeping their cards close to their chest until game day?

All we have so far is whinge after whinge after whinge! If its not a national petition ( Paris Hilton style) on who should be in or out of a team or how early or late we'll be bowling or why am i at 25-1 in some silly vBookie thing!!!

When is the FUN and LOVE of the Challange going to start i ask all you NON-JESTERS????

And since i'm having my own whinge ,i'll add one more.:secret: There's a rumour that there is going to be random equipement checks and a couple of Number 1 samples taken as well, How serious is this event becoming? :(

Finally i'll leave you with JESTERBETS TOP 5 PREDICTION:

1. "Racing to Win" will WIN it's next start
2. Back the combination of D.Beadman/C.Conners
3. Takeover Target for either the 10 000 or the Stradbroke
4. Follow a horse called EM JAY HUSSEY. Will be back in the spring.
5. This one will be short but a certainty: Heated exchange either TUES or THURS night at aspley bowl.

Good luck plebs

Hammo " Jester on Life-Support":stretcher:

hey everyone. just wanting to let everone know how keen bundy is to show what we r made of (not just the rum). also wondering if darryl alford is still up for the challenge that we've set each other haha. neways, expect more from me in the near future

see u all in bundy

adam :)

Mate the only whinge I have heard is coming out of a certain team, bowlers are worried they are not going to bowl all 18 games and there in house fighting.

He said she said, and all I can say is it isn't coming from our team, wonder which team it is.

Back
Top Bottom