Assoc Challenge Odds and Form Guide

hamster

Just a Bowler
Welcome everyone to this year’s Assoc Challenge to be held at Ashmore Bowl over the Queen’s Birthday week-end. This year see’s a great array of talented bowlers from the 10 Association with the one goal in mind……..(getting drunk) wait its coming to me………….( more drinking ) Oh it’s on the tip of my tongue ( hooking up) …….. to become Champion and have bragging rights for a year.

Before we give you the form and odds lets take a look at the track these players will play on over the event. Ashmore Bowl or as it’s more commonly known as Looby’s Lair, is traditionally known as a dry place. To be successful there, I’m led to believe from a reliable local ( Thanks Sir Jim ), that you must be a relation of or had relations with Brian Looby so you too can extract that mystical power called “ LOOBY CARRY “. Good luck to anyone that wants to go there!!

Now down to business:

Brisbane: Overall 7-2, Men’s 4-1, Ladies 5-4

A few changes for the defending champions especially in the men’s team with “Ladies Man” Adam Hayward, Greg “Hello Kitty” Kelly and Tony Wrozsek joining the usual suspects aiming to go a couple places better. The womens have retained most of last years team and look strengthen with the addition of Twin Tour “Bowler of the year” Katie Kroehnert and Tegan “The Adopted One” Meads. One of the top chances.

Bundaberg: Overall 40-1, Men’s 18-1, Ladies 25-1

Led by Brendon Thompson and Lady Josie Sommers, the Bundy team looks more likely to prove to be a thorn to some of the main chances. Ray King and Booby Noonan’s experience at the challenge will be invaluable. Bundy needs to be at the top of their game to figure in the top 5.

Caboolture: Overall 5-1, Men’s 3-1, Ladies 6-1

It seems that every year the average age of the Snakes keeps going up even if a young’un makes the side. I think they are trying to play the Senior Citizen angle. They have a Garden Gnome, Mr Magoo and Sir Phil. It all fits except for Tamara, unless she’s the token grandchild that visits on weekends? And how can we forget about the rookie of the team, Barry “Jagga” Morgan……. sorry who were we talking about? Not as strong as previous years but possibly the right blend of bowlers to take the title. Watch !!

Gold Coast: Overall 9-4, Men’s 11-4, Ladies 1-1

The Home team with Home ground advantage. Have been a little occupied with catering to their needs for the weekend but don’t let that fool ya. Have brought back Retiree Lady Kellie Hart who’s been penning a new novel “ Everything relates to sex, just ask me” to lead the ladies into battle. The Men have the 3 amigos of Rafton, Alford and Murray or RAM for short, to help lead the team to victory and possilbly go on and be Champions once again. Favourites

Hervey Bay: Overall 40-1, Men’s 16-1, Ladies 25-1

Sir David Wield and Lady Karen Duce lead this group of merry men and fair maidens into battle once again. Always put in a tremendous effort from limited resources. Will cause some major headaches to the top chances if they are taken lightly. Rough chance.

Ipswich: Overall 25-1, Men’s 9-1, Women’s 16-1

Seem to have a well balanced side this year which includes their off season buy from Brisbane, David Cupit. Also a couple of new faces, Carly de Lange and Micheal Francis, will give the side some much needed zest. Always seem to be around the top half of the table but struggle to reach the peak. Watch Closely!!

Kingaroy: Overall 33-1, Men’s 12-1, Ladies 25-1

Well, he’s back again. Mr Achy Breaky himself, Morty Douglas looking to seek revenge on whoever released that footage of him and his mullet at last year’s challenge. While he’s leading the men,
Mummy Baroness Fiona Cluff will be using her powers to gain another term as Baroness, oh and help the ladies out as well. The team can perform well and just need some luck to go they way. Not the worst.

Rockhampton: Overall 16-1, Men’s 7-1, Women’s 10-1

Don’t let their averages fool you, these guys and girls can bowl. With several current and ex rachuig players and “managers” scattered throughout the team, I feel that they will be shooting for a top 3 finish. Only if they can show the same discipline and professionalism as their upstanding citizen and pillar to the community, one Dale “Jester” Warren. You’ve got my vote, mate.

Sunshine Coast: Overall 7-4, Men’s 6-4, Ladies 4-1

Didn’t this team go on a big recruitment drive in the off season especially in the Men’s. Quala,Quala, you know Narelle’s son who will be carrying Sir Chris Quail’s bags, makes a return and is joined by Alicia Meads’ husband and brother who were picked up under the Princess Hammeriod Ruling. Add in Jacinta G and Natasha Q in the womens and we are looking at two formidable line-ups. Obvious danger.

Toowoomba: Overall 25-1, Men’s 10-1, Women’s 25-1

Having been showing improvement over the last couple of years especially in the men ( this has nothing to do with Cory Knowles being in the team). Believe there’s an injury cloud hanging over a couple of men ( this has Cory Knowles written all over it). Probably have the tools to do well but needs to bring them to the table when needed (blame Cory, it’s his fault ). Rough chance

Jester Out

p.s To everyone travelling to the Challenge have a safe trip and do take care. 5 sleeps to go...........WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hammo

Well, he’s back again. Mr Achy Breaky himself, Morty Douglas looking to seek revenge on whoever released that footage of him and his mullet at last year’s challenge. While he’s leading the men,

I hear on the grapevine that Miley's Dad has a hip problem. Can someone please arrange for Andrew Shinnie's plastic hip to be on stand by..... :D

Cant help but feel youve underestimated the Sunshine Coast in those Odds Tony.
Everyone I've spoken to regards them as outright favourites, not the Gold Coast who have never really recovered from the Government tax increases on certain alcoholic beverages.

You Caboolture people seem to have a fascination for White....
Got your womens team uniform sorted yet?

Cant help but feel youve underestimated the Sunshine Coast in those Odds Tony.
Everyone I've spoken to regards them as outright favourites, not the Gold Coast who have never really recovered from the Government tax increases on certain alcoholic beverages.

The white shoe brigade claiming underdog status....nice try Shinnie. I suppose you have Qld as the underdog in the Origin as well ;)

A match up to watch for

Tony (Hammo/The Gerbil/The Jester) Hamilton vs Cory (mines bigger than yours) Knowles

These two clashed last year and there wasn't enough room for these two, their ego's and their team mates in the players area. Its at 1 game a piece now.....is old man Hamilton (yes he's finally 40) still up to the challenge this year ? or will the young buck prove to have too much firepower....

I believe Animal is quite often speaking of a little blue tablet that will help the elder statesman stay strong to the end which I am sure will see if finish first.(or should that be last)

JUst dont swallow it and get it caught in your neck.

Another match to look for

Andrew Drew vs Brendan Meads.....neither of these guys will give an inch (or grow an inch for that matter)...the highlight should be watching both of them try to reach over the ball return for the pre-match handshake..... :D

Another one to watch will be Sir Jim Murray vs Sir David Wield....rumor has it that Andrew Shinnie has hired 2 interpreters for this match....just so the two combatants can understand each others insults.. :D

Another match to look for

Another one to watch will be Sir Jim Murray vs Sir David Wield....rumor has it that Andrew Shinnie has hired 2 interpreters for this match....just so the two combatants can understand each others insults.. :D

that match up has been for the sportsmans award for the last five years. the trophy looks pretty this year give it to me i love you all.:please:

hmmmm little blue tablet ,! i thought it was tablets (damm) That explains why im so stiff at the line, Remember age and trechery will always beat youth and skill, good luck everyone from your northern cousins. otty.

that match up has been for the sportsmans award for the last five years. the trophy looks pretty this year give it to me i love you all.:please:

I'm open to bribes sweetiepiebumfacelukie......your wife can negotiate on your behalf :D

Love it Tiger! Just shows THEY have been deliberately misleading the other Assns. regarding OIL or lack of !!!! However, this could be a double furphy to confuse. ;)

Flower

You may be right Mrs Flower. Feel free to leave your plastic and polished gear at home and bring all your super soaker, hooking machines to Ashmore. I'm sure the Gold Coast won't mind, especially if you convince everyone you know to do the same. :roflmao:

You may be right Mrs Flower. Feel free to leave your plastic and polished gear at home and bring all your super soaker, hooking machines to Ashmore. I'm sure the Gold Coast won't mind, especially if you convince everyone you know to do the same. :roflmao:

Not that it would matter for you honey...from what I hear you still use super soaker resin anyway :D

Back
Top Bottom