Is this a TBA rule ? Men can not use 6Lb bowling balls

Can you please read my Thread i started I was asking is it a TBA rule

You may have to read further down the page.

A ball less than 10lbs, must not have more than one (1) ounce difference between the top half of the ball and the bottom half and not more than 3/4 ounce difference between the sides to the right and left of the finger holes or
between the sides in front and back of the finger holes.

So I suggest that a 6lb ball (that does not have a weight block) may indeed be illegal because it may have to much bottom weight.

Just a thought.

Rob

6lb balls do have (pancake) weight blocks. Easiest balls in the world to check the marked cg position, just float them in a bucket of water.
And yes, they are relatively fragile and easily broken by adults using them as if they were 'normal' balls.

6lb balls do have (pancake) weight blocks. Easiest balls in the world to check the marked cg position, just float them in a bucket of water.
And yes, they are relatively fragile and easily broken by adults using them as if they were 'normal' balls.

Of the 12 or so that have broken or shattered here over the years, not 1 6lb house ball has had a weight block.

Rob

I have two questions

a) How does a grown man fit his fingers into a 6LB ball?
b) How were you using that ball? You say you 'threw it just for fun' so were you bowling it or chucking it screaming down the lane with the possibility that you were going to cause damage to the ball or lanes?

Just wondering if there is another reason why you may have been asked to stop?

Bowling with 2 fingers in the ball with the thumb covered.
The center did not ask me to stop it it was the committee. The center did not mind at all .

If you really want to bowl with a 6 lbs ball...why not purcahse one and have it drilled for you..then the centre cant complain

Back
Top Bottom