"Damage to bowling balls on Flights"

How much of the damage should the company be responsible for??

• Total voters
Once went on a Shield trip - Townsville I think - where I flew with Australian Airlines and my two month old double bag was majorly damaged in transit from there back to Hobart.
Shattered the plastic base which held the bowling balls, broke most of the zips and there was a tear in the outer fabric of the bag.
I rang them to vent my displeasure at the amount of damage but there was the usual buckpassing so I just didn't bother pursuing it further and sold the bag to a guy in league here who had to spend a lot of time fixing it all up.

Kellie said:
Timothy,
I must have been ripped off then, and so were the others traveling with me.
The question was I asked how often you fly, the reason why I asked is because usually when there is an interstate tournament on I look at the results, cant say I have seen your name down in many that’s why I asked, so before you go giving me your smartarse answer, read my post first, cause in my post I cant say see where I said your weren’t experienced enough to have a say on this topic, but hey you say you travel at least once a month, so I take it you are very experienced then, I dont travel interstate every month, so you must be so much more experienced than myself.

Wow someone got their back up quick didn't they.. Do you always fire up that easy Kellie? Or is it just another case of bowler's ego.

If you were to check up this year's youth results I'm sure you'd find my name around, but then again maybe you were only looking at the "adult" ones. I've made the cut in 1 of 4 of those youth tournaments, so let me guess, now you are going to have a go at me because I "didnt do well enough to make it where you could see my name"? :rolleyes: Or are you going to shut up for the sake of this sport we supposedly all love and accept that some people are willing to enter tournaments not only because they want to, but also because they want to support Australian Bowling?? Either way, I'm going to be at the SPC in Melbourne, will I see you there too Kellie?

And yes, you were ripped off. Better luck next time. If you speak to the counter staff at Virgin like you do to some on here, you're probably going to need to muster all the extra charm you can find.

"Timothy"

PS thanks Wayne, I'm just trying to help out other bowlers. I'm not here to start bitchfights. I hate the way bowling is going with the constant fighting and backstabs, especially from people that pop up and take a pot shot, and disappear again.

Easy Tiger said:
Wow someone got their back up quick didn't they.. Do you always fire up that easy Kellie? Or is it just another case of bowler's ego.
If you were to check up this year's youth results I'm sure you'd find my name around, but then again maybe you were only looking at the "adult" ones. I've made the cut in 1 of 4 of those youth tournaments, so let me guess, now you are going to have a go at me because I "didnt do well enough to make it where you could see my name"? :rolleyes: Or are you going to shut up for the sake of this sport we supposedly all love and accept that some people are willing to enter tournaments not only because they want to, but also because they want to support Australian Bowling?? Either way, I'm going to be at the SPC in Melbourne, will I see you there too Kellie?
And yes, you were ripped off. Better luck next time. If you speak to the counter staff at Virgin like you do to some on here, you're probably going to need to muster all the extra charm you can find.
"Timothy"
PS thanks Wayne, I'm just trying to help out other bowlers. I'm not here to start bitchfights. I hate the way bowling is going with the constant fighting and backstabs, especially from people that pop up and take a pot shot, and disappear again.
Who has there back up, I asked a question, I couldnt care less what tounrnaments you have and havent bowled in, but you said you fly once a month, I looked and seen that you dont but, like you said you travel once a month and you are experienced.
Will I be at SPC why would I, I dont bowl tournaments anymore, havent for nearly a year, and yes I have done my bit for the sport, and dont you dare say I have an ego when it comes to bowling as you dont even know me, and I am sure many people will tell you I haven't and never will have an ego when it comes to bowling.

Easy Tiger said:
Or are you going to shut up for the sake of this sport we supposedly all love and accept that some people are willing to enter tournaments not only because they want to, but also because they want to support Australian Bowling?? .

Big comment telling me to shut up for the sake of the sport, and I have never knocked anyone entering a tournament, I don’t know where you get your high and mighty know it all attitude from, but I have done alot for this sport, and my state and my associations, so before you make a comment like that you look at what I have done for the sport then if you see in my 24 years of bowling, that I haven’t done a thing, then you have the right to post your S hit.
I don’t come on here every now and then and take little pot shots at people like you put it; I am on this site every day. I don’t have my back up like you think, you didn’t touch any nerves here, I know I have done my state and my associations proud over the years I have bowled, so your comments mean nothing to me.

Funny how all I asked you a question, and I copped abuse off someone like you, now who has the EGO.

So because I haven't bowled for 24 years like you means I can't have my say either? I think it's you who needs to get off their perch Ms Hart. All I was trying to do was help other bowlers out by giving them the facts. From what I can see, it's you that's dribbling the **** by carrying this on. You asked how often I fly, so I answered your question. What did you expect?

In response to your question about my "high and mighty attitude" - am I opinionated? Yes. Am I dedicated to this sport (like you)? - yes. Does this rub people (like you) up the wrong way sometimes? - Yes. But I'm not going to stop giving my viewpoints on the sport I love just to please you or anyone else, or just because you've done this or that for bowling and I haven't yet. You're 30-something, I'm 20. So what. I'd like to think when I'm your age I'll have helped to make bowling a stronger sport by mine and other's contributions. One thing I know for sure is at your age I won't come on here and slam the **** out of some new youth bowler for trying to help others and the sport.

If you want to have another go at me go ahead, I'm a big boy I can take it. But when an "adult experienced bowler" comes on here and returns the sort of things you do at a young fresh youth bowler like myself, it just goes to show the attitude of some in this sport, and why it is going backwards. You're right - us youth are just young upstarts with huge egos and attitudes - so why don't you just keep slamming us until we piss off and leave the sport? Then you can have it all to yourselves and do and say whatever you want with bowling. The problem is their would be no future for the game then, but at least maybe a few would be happy. From the looks of it, you included.

Kind regards.

I still can’t see where in my posts it says you have to bowl 24 years to have a say…..

I was saying that in 24 years yes I have given to the sport, you must have a reading problem.

Isn’t it funny I asked you a question, I NEVER questioned how experienced you were in the game, I wouldn’t know if you are or you aren’t, couldn’t care less to be honest.

I don’t care what your views on the game are; like I said I asked one simple question, to which you answered.

I can’t see where I slammed youth bowlers still trying to look for that, I have a lot of respect for youth bowlers, Glen Loader, Tonx, the list could go on, but your name wouldn’t be on it.

See none of your comments have any warrant, you say I would be happy if we didn’t have youth bowlers, are you on drugs, cause I cant see where I told all the youth to give up, or stop bowling they along with juniors are our upcoming adult bowlers, who one day can bowl for there country and do us proud.

And as for being a big boy, LMFAO you have a lot of growing up to do.

Anyway back to the topic at hand.

Tim,

Actually from what I see you have had a bit of a shot at everyone who disagrees with you in this topic…
Paul Eustace aka TOWIE
And Kellie

Both had an opinion on Excess baggage or also damaged goods.

I too have been charged for excess baggage, was I ripped off? Yes!!! What could be done NOTHING…? There is nothing you can do if they demand you pay regardless of the policy printed out… I am sure that those that do travel a lot have been ripped at some point in time when they have traveled... I didn’t bother posting because I just couldn’t be ****ed arguing with you because you seem to have it that if its not what you think then others are wrong... or as you put it RIPPED OFF…Well mate judging by your 4 tournaments that YES I DID LOOK and 1 or those were in Brisbane I too now find it hard to believe that you are experienced enough traveler to ARGUE THE POINT, I'm usually away at least once a month.( not bowling tournaments your not) to know who does and doesn’t pay for excess baggage.

The other people in this thread also have an opinion just because they don’t agree with you doesn’t mean you were slandered as you so put it…

As for the sport going backwards….

Problem is SOME YOUTH bowlers are so caught up with how they think they know everything at the age of 20, or how they should act, or how good they are they forget that how to treat others in the sport that have been there and done that, more times than you have had hot dinners, (and no I am not talking about me there)… Mate it’s not just in ten pin bowling it’s also a fact of life in growing up. We as adult bowlers actually have to put up with the attitude of some of these youth bowlers who think sport should revolve around them... Why is this so… Because you all seem to think that you are the grass roots of the sport… Well until some of the grass roots change there attitude then the sport is well and truly burried…Maybe if the Tournament organizers didn’t look at putting so much money into youth events and put the same effort into everyone play in a Tournament together with separate prize funds then maybe just maybe Tournament bowling would survive. Instead we have all these separate groups who seem to think them selves better than the next.

Easy Tiger said:
Or are you going to shut up for the sake of this sport

As for this line Tim, it won’t be tolerated by anyone on this site at all... No one on this site myself included as a right to speak to anyone like this..

Anyway just my view and I am sure its there for the taking.

Damage or loss to equipment on route, whether by car, aircraft or orher means can be covered by home contents insurance. If not insured, the conveyancer cannot be held liable. Same with goods transported by semi trailer - if it crashes and you didn't have insurance you cannot sue for damages because you risked unwisely.

That is the point Easy Tiger has been trying to get across. All these other cheap shots at him about travelling frequency are uncalled for as I know he travels at about that frequency. Fact - not opinion.

Tenpin bowling is going backwards and people like Easy Tiger are doing their bit to reverse that trend. But that is just my opinion and that wouldn't count I guess.

Great work Tim.

Took your time getting here ... LMAO...I cant wait till the next time i have a customer complain about a scratch on there car when they pick it up...

I am with you on that Towie DUTY OF CARE...

Jase said:
I too have been charged for excess baggage, was I ripped off? Yes!!! What could be done NOTHING…? There is nothing you can do if they demand you pay regardless of the policy printed out…

Jase..Unlike the TBA the airlines are required to follow their own rules if you point it out to them.. You should have asked to speak to a supervisor and shown them the sporting goods as baggage policy.

....or is all this just another example of the Australian "she'll be right" attitude?
If it is, how do you guys live with yourselves knowing that every time someone wants to screw you, you drop your daks, bend over and take it willingly?

Yeah that's its Wayne i am too laid back to care...

Maybe that’s the problem with most of my customers or even Australians these days...They are all adopting the American way..;)

Nothing like having a new arse torn every day....:rolleyes:

Im with Tim 100% on this one....

If you guys are paying extra, you're getting screwed, thats not anyone elses problem.

In regards to the original question. Gear gets damaged? if its a scratch, I can live with it. If its utterly destroyed and unrepairable? I might make a complaint in writing, and follow it through so the company enforces any legal obligation they may have. If they have none, its my fault

Rather simple :D

Jase said:
Nothing like having a new arse torn every day....:rolleyes:
Not nice language in anybodys opinion.:rolleyes: You **** out words like ****, ****, etc and delete posts with offensive language yet you don't follow your own rules. You use words like Jesus and Christ which to a lot of people must be offensive. And LMAO is not very nice either. Just my opinion but I guess you'll take the easy way out and ban me.

Kellie said:
I still can’t see where in my posts it says you have to bowl 24 years to have a say…..
I was saying that in 24 years yes I have given to the sport, you must have a reading problem.
Isn’t it funny I asked you a question, I NEVER questioned how experienced you were in the game, I wouldn’t know if you are or you aren’t, couldn’t care less to be honest.
I don’t care what your views on the game are; like I said I asked one simple question, to which you answered.
I can’t see where I slammed youth bowlers still trying to look for that, I have a lot of respect for youth bowlers, Glen Loader, Tonx, the list could go on, but your name wouldn’t be on it.
See none of your comments have any warrant, you say I would be happy if we didn’t have youth bowlers, are you on drugs, cause I cant see where I told all the youth to give up, or stop bowling they along with juniors are our upcoming adult bowlers, who one day can bowl for there country and do us proud.
And as for being a big boy, LMFAO you have a lot of growing up to do.
Anyway back to the topic at hand.

No Kellie it's the attititude you take to a certain few, like myself. You don't like me, that's fine, but my purpose at the beginning of this wasn't to hand out "my attitude" to you or anyone else. Jase I'm not sure where Towie came into it, not sure where that one came from. And Jase about the tournaments that's this year, I've travelled a fair bit previously, but why should I have to itemise every tournament I've been to in the past 6 years or whatever.

Some people are allowed to put forward their opinions on this site. Some aren't. I've always been in the category of those that "aren't" for whatever reason I don't know. Everytime I say something, it's branded as smartarse, arrogant, whatever else, when in fact they genuinely aren't those at all, I'm just trying to put my view across without trying to be any of those things. I got my back up when Kellie branded my nexy comment as being a smartarse one. I was never being a smartarse at all previous to that, so yes I took offense.

I have great respect for adult bowlers. But the respect has to go both ways. If you don't respect me, fine.

All I was trying to do was help others, so if I can't do that, then delete my account Jase because I'm not interested, and I'll end up joining the growing list of people who are avoiding this site.

having spent the last 15 years travelling extensively all i can advise is this , when you are transporting anything by air. be it sporting equipment ,tools, or anything of value remember this ,those who load cargo cant be expected to treat your gear the way you would so make sure and package it properly, insure it properly and TAG it fragile if it is .these guys are on tight schedules.if they dont see a fragile tag then why should they think it needs special handling, and really,a tote bag is hardly suitable for transporting your gear on a plane , thats why samsonite make hard luggage

Feral said:
Go ahead Socrates.
Well, if you insist, Homer................

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it. - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955 )

It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. - Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)

Shawn

Back
Top Bottom