Damage to bowling balls

AH1992

...xD...
Not sure if this is going to be a re-post, but i was interested in knowing what has been the worst amount of damage your bowling ball has encountered?

uploaded pics of the damage would be cool to see too

Mine hands down would have to be what happened to my loud noize 3 days after i bought it.. was practicing one night and somehow i got distracted, threw my arm out, the ball just dropped off into the gutter and when i got the ball back there lay a nasty chip out of my ball about 3cm wide and 2cm deep. ouch... not to mention the numerous infamous white rings around the ball that the gutter had scratched into it... :(

hmmm yeh that sounds bad but few months ago when i first got my jigsaw i was practicing with it then i use my vemon and it stuffed up the lane didn't come back when the people got down there and fixed it and my ball came back i have a burn marks from a pin rubbing up and down on the side of it about 4inch maybe bigger long and 2inchs wide maybe slightly bigger i was pissed but it happens i surpose.

story 2 when to the hyperdome bowling center with my brother to see how the lanes are there and my vemon this was a few months before the fast story and didn't notice until i was putting my balls away and there was about 10 engravings from a screw in the ball return somewhere happen to my brothers balls also 4 balls that day got f--ked but there been fixed and all good now still work like when i got then jst a little tuned down due to age lol.

Come back from Hong Kong in May. The day after we got back i got my Virtual Gravity out to have a chuck and found a crack in it. They dropped it on a sharp corner!

During the Asian Seniors Champs in Manila my Globe spare ball had a chunk approximately 7cm in diameter and 2 cm deep. Took the bowl 4 games to replace it (the 8 x 7 pins I missed waiting for it cost me a Gold Medal in the All-Events!) and then they demanded I pay for it!

Ended up paying half and the Phillipino Senior Bowlers Assoc the other half.

Less than happy Jan.

this is our head techs old spare ball. came out of the return with the chunk missing, found the chunk under the carpet i believe

Attachments

• 101_0033.jpg
    101_0033.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 85
  • 101_0039.jpg
    101_0039.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 82
  • 101_0016.jpg
    101_0016.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 104
this is our head techs old spare ball. came out of the return with the chunk missing, found the chunk under the carpet i believe

Love those impact craters! I've got a Maxim that used to be Chris Thomas's in the pro shop. It tok a screw head at speed and got a blast zone like that in it. About 1" wide x 5" long. I repaired it almost invisibly, but for the big chunk of the word "Maxim" that's now missing. I show it to people when they ask if I can repair something for them.

Love those impact craters! I've got a Maxim that used to be Chris Thomas's in the pro shop. It tok a screw head at speed and got a blast zone like that in it. About 1" wide x 5" long. I repaired it almost invisibly, but for the big chunk of the word "Maxim" that's now missing. I show it to people when they ask if I can repair something for them.

lol nice well atleast i no who to go to if stuff like this happens lol.

Have seen a ball with a screw head gouge right around a ball and starting to go around for the second time. was at least 3cm deep all the way and even deeper at the end.

Also my sons ball (quite a few years ago now) started to react very strangely on the lanes. When he picked the ball up at the end of the game and shook it it had a rattling sound as the weight block appears to have somehow broken. Well that one went straight in the bin - thought about it later - could have got $10 from Cash Converters but pity the poor sod who bought it later.

Once whilst I was off duty, we were having elevator trouble on a pair of lanes. A league bowlers ball got stuck half way up the up-rails on our P.B.L set up, & was there for a while (the counter staff thought the ball was under the lane, so they were checking the cappings for about 5 minutes) When they finally found the ball, it had a flat spot worn into the coverstock, & it was so hot that it had a crack about 4 cm long. I think it was a hammer volt from memory? Quite a while ago.

I purchased "The Boss" online before they came out here back in about 1997? Probably had a dozen or so games on it, got a 10mm x 30mm chunk taken out of it at Aspley. After much jumping up and down they actually replaced it! Very rare!

During National Youth Cup, one of the boys from NZ lost his VG after it slammed into a pinspotter. The sweep had lifted but the deck had not...took a very decent sized slice off the ball.
Hopefully the picture attaches or uploads ok...

Attachments

• VG.jpg
    VG.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 53
gee if the sweep had only just lifted the boy should not have been anywhere near throwing the ball let alone the ball being 3 feet from the pit...

makes it hard for the centre to compensate him for that one.

During National Youth Cup, one of the boys from NZ lost his VG after it slammed into a pinspotter. The sweep had lifted but the deck had not...took a very decent sized slice off the ball.
Hopefully the picture attaches or uploads ok...

:eek::eek: woah thats crazy!! thats like a quarter of the ball gone!!

gee if the sweep had only just lifted the boy should not have been anywhere near throwing the ball let alone the ball being 3 feet from the pit...

That really depends, the sweep may have lifted but the table may have cut out, leaving it down.. I know a lot of bowlers who don't look at their rack before they set up, especially young people. On the other hand, you may be right also! I'd be more worried about the damage done to the machine...

During Dunne Shield i think Joel Lovegroves ball didn't come back. When the tech had a look he discovered Joels ball in 3 pieces down the back. The ball had just exploded into 3 bits. Cant remember the name of the ball but they were famous for doing it. Joel might remember the name of it.

During Dunne Shield i think Joel Lovegroves ball didn't come back. When the tech had a look he discovered Joels ball in 3 pieces down the back. The ball had just exploded into 3 bits. Cant remember the name of the ball but they were famous for doing it. Joel might remember the name of it.

did they figure out how it happened?:confused:

holy crap thats insane exploding balls i would like to know what ball lol so i know want not to get lol god thats crazy.

Back
Top Bottom