So I went bowling today...

Murderdoll

INSINR8R
First time in nearly 2 years I kitted up and had a throw with a mate.

Only 2 games because I needed to get the cobwebs out.

Got beaten first game 112 - 117 then won the second 170 - 80. My mate isn't very good, but at least he got me to have a chuck.

The lanes were shocking, dry as my mum's meatloaf (zing). First three balls straight into the left gutter.

Although I found it fun. This might just be the motivation I need to get back into it. Just thought you'd like to hear my story.

Adrian

I know what you mean.

I gave up bowling for a year and a half, but then my work mates wanted to go for a few social games. I thought yeah why not - it would be a good laugh, so we all got there and chose our house balls - I left my bowling gear at home.

Anyway, the first game, keeping in mind, I rely on a fair bit of hook usually, was 180 with a house ball bowling dead straight. The second was 201 and the third was 199.

I was in disbelief myself, and it was there and then that I decided to return to bowling. So it only takes a few games to get back on track...

Since then, I have bought another 3 bowling balls, bought new shoes and a triple roller bag from Max at Bowling Balls Australia. So much for giving it up eh?:D

Thanks for the story Adrian,

I'm returning to bowling after 7 years. I gave up bowling when I was pregnant with my daughter. My Mum and her friend have convinced me to join a 3 person team with them at Aspley 10 Pin Bowl (QLD) we are having the AGM tonight and afterwards I am going to have a few games to really dust off the cobwebs. I've bowled socially with friends and with my husband and children from time to time. I've mostly shot about a 147 - 152 average with house ball and house shoes. So lets hope that I can get back into it with my own equipment and shoot about a 165-170 average.

I'll keep you posted :D

Rachel

At the start of this year I had no idea how to bowl. My sister brought home a newsletter from her school and there was a league advertisment inside. She thought it would be a great experinece. At first I didn't really want to. But I did it anyways. After the first game I was wrapped into it. Although I was only shooting like a 80 average lol. I had the best time ever. And have been doing it ever since. I bowl in 3 leagues and recently competed in the Queensland junior sheild and finished up with a 153.5 average(16 games). I have bought 3 bowling balls, 2 bags and shoes. I love the sport of bowling and can't see myself giving up.:D :p ;)

I was the same 8yrs ago. I gave away bowling for about 6 yrs to get married and start a family. At the time i was also heavily involved with soccer (local club) and thought that i can only play soccer at this level until 30, where i can still bowl when i'm in my 80's.

I was still around bowling during the lay off as mum was bowling once a week and i would go and watch.( once in a blue moon i would sub)

But really two factors got me back into the sport i love. One was seeing fellow bowlers averaging that 200 barrier at aspley ( 1998/99 )and the other was an article on Carl Bottomley running 3rd in the World Cup in Ireland ( i think).

Now i compete against some of the best bowlers in our country here in Qld on a weekly basis, (Carl, George, Brando, etc ) but also there is such a good tournament scene here as well.

hamster

Back
Top Bottom