How to get a Strike and a Spare in the Same Frame!

Trouss

All the Gear and No Idea
Last night bowling doubles. Last game of 4. First Frame.

My mate leads off with a high rev ball out to the 3 or 4 board and it trickles off into the gutter at about 55 feet...... This is where it gets interesting.

The ball slams the gutter at speed and bounces out on a right angle straight into about a high 3 - 6 pocket. Pins are flying in all directions and we all start going ape as a random pin falls into the 2 and then (still cant believe it) 2 onto head pin for a "strike"

Just about the whole league saw it and I am sure the whole centre heard the cheers and hand slaps that followed. Best part is, 2nd ball, he got the spare. And finished the game with a seven bagger for a 225.

Chris you are an inspiration to us all.
Cheers Trouss

Anyone seen a ball hit the gutter and knock down all 10, or is this a precident. ;)

Trouss said:
Anyone seen a ball hit the gutter and knock down all 10, or is this a precident. ;)
No, can't say I've ever seen a gutter bounce get a strike, pretty tidy effort though.
I once saw Colin Sculthorpe in Centre League at Moonah hit a sweep-bar which came down after he'd released the ball, it had some sort of AMF hoarding on the front to absorb being hit by errant balls, and when hit, it seem to buckle in towards the pins slightly, resulting in the ball actually riding up the sweep and over it, for a perfect strike without hitting the underside of the table.
I remember thinking at the time it was one of the freakiest shots I've ever seen :lol:

these all happened afew years back
i was at a m8s bowling party and only had my old 16lb Rhino so i decided to bounce it off the bumpers and one of them i threw alil to hard and jumped on the bumper rail supports bouncing along that then jumped off and went for a strike(STILL IN MY OWN LANE) <--- i have his family as witnesses. i dont think ill state which alley i did this at though:rolleyes:
another time i had my 14lb groove reactive in league gave up and bowled 2 fingered and i think the first and only bowl like that i did went alot like trouss's story dropped in the right gutter went up the side then back down and onto the lane again and striked, only my team saw so our oppenents were none the wiser;)
at an end of year activitey thing for school a large group went bowling and 1 kid was so great;) he threw his ball and went up and over his left gutter and over onto the next persons lane.....cant remember the result of that
my fav is the Rhino that thing could strike from anywhere:p

I also once got a strike and a spare in the same frame. I think it was the 10th frame!! jks

Back
Top Bottom