Bowling Ball Spinner - Prototype

Poida

Just thought I would post a photo of the bowling ball spinner I have recently had manufactured here in Australia.

1 horse power motor (single speed) and can do between 500rpm (2inch drive) - 750 rpm with 3 inch pulley change.

I was able to source a 2 speed motor - but funds did not allow at the time.

Still to fit safety guards and paint - but not bad for a first attempt.

Timken Bearings handle any pressure you throw at it - so it will last a lifetime.
Fully serviceable bearings via grease nipple.

If you would like one made then hit me up for a quote.

100% Australian made!

Poida :)

Attachments

• ballspinner.jpg
    ballspinner.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Ball Spinner 2.jpg
    Ball Spinner 2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 132
Nice work. I made one myself very bodgily using an upside down drill press and a couple of mixing bowls lol it's sketchy but does the job! What sorta price you looking for?

Unfortunately this project was not cheap - you are looking at close to $1200 for one. My engineer mate looked after me somewhat on labour costs.
Motor alone was $250 + Timken bearings + custom made bearing housing + pulleys and belt. It all adds up. But the way I see it this will last me a very long time.

Some would argue that $1200 is a lot, but when you compare this to the USA models and the $400 USD freight costs to import then the top of the range USA brand is pretty expensive. Plus it is only for a 1/2 or 3/4 horse power motor.

The Timken bearings (car wheel bearings cup and cone) make all the difference. Pressure can be loaded without any loss of speed. I am reluctant to speed it up to 750 rpm as its currently puts a very nice finish on the ball whilst remaining managable when resurfacing.

Back
Top Bottom