Is It Just Me ?

Warning for language
Keep posting on here, a site most the bowlers in Australia don't even know about. Keep getting less numbers at tourneys than you could. Yes TB helps but don't tell me that entry forms get sent out like they used to. That's just (naughty word) in most cases.

The majority of bowlers don't even know about TB, let alone use it, and the numbers are dwindling all the time. Thats a fact whether you like it or not.

Toon, look up "hypocrite".

Keep posting on here, a site most the bowlers in Australia don't even know about. Keep getting less numbers at tourneys than you could. Yes TB helps but don't tell me that entry forms get sent out like they used to. That's just bullshit in most cases.

The majority of bowlers don't even know about TB, let alone use it, and the numbers are dwindling all the time. Thats a fact whether you like it or not.

Gees, I guess we are all doomed then, well that's it I guess, time to pack up and go home. Night folks!

You are partially right though, most bowlers don't use or know about Total Bowling, why would that be and what is TB's audience? It is predominantly used by those participating in tournaments to some level, tournament promoters, guys and girls who are looking to improve and gain more knowledge and a lot of other industry types that have been involved in the game for a while now, so in one sense, information gets to the people that it is intended for, but it can probably be used for the greater bowling community too, that doesn't care about tournaments or any of the political junk that comes with most sports. Again comes down to time and money (mods volunteering), industry cooperation (why should they according to you) to spread the word to coincide as a one stop resource shop. Between this site and the TBA one, most topics of bowling, resource and other, can be pretty much covered.

In regards to tournaments, the numbers haven't been too bad actually, compared to previous years, the last 3-4 years has been half alright compared to the tail end of the AMF era, where they seemed to be running their tournament series into the ground.

I am not a tournament director of any of the current tournaments, so I have no idea whether entry forms, get mailed out or not, I am presume not as prevalent as past years. IMO, would be kind of pointless in this technological day and age, where tournaments get advertised here, TBA website, specific FB tournament pages, emails etc. Not a lot of things get sent via snail mail these days.

So how do we reach the up and coming bowlers who may be interested in beginning a tournament year? I suppose the onus is on them to talk to their local centres "celebrity" bowler to find out what the next step is, as AMF sure as hell don't help (in qld anyway)

Dont be shocked by this, Casual Observer, but there are a couple of points that you say that I agree with. Sites like TB, Interbowl, Pba .com etc are not well publicised.

I've never be able to get it why all Bowling Proprieters are reluctant to publicise their business. If you are trying to sell a product and nobody knows about it, of course business is going to drop off. The answer is not to increase prices. That will just drive more people out the door.

All the Bowling sites, local or international, should be displayed and promoted in all centers. Afterall there is no cost involved (a donation to TB wouldnt go astray) and the benefit is obvious.

As for the 'drop off' in tournament entries, there are exceptions. Promoters should take a look at both Senior and Junior events, with their full fields. Maybe they will get the message that a huge percentage, of the bowlers entered, are in it for the fun and experience and not necessarily the prize fund.

The fact that they get to play (usually) over a full weekend and have the time to mix with friends and foes alike should be a clue to their success!

Keep posting on here, a site most the bowlers in Australia don't even know about. Keep getting less numbers at tourneys than you could. Yes TB helps but don't tell me that entry forms get sent out like they used to. That's just (naughty word) in most cases.

Yes you are exactly right. I am a hypocrite. That's why you are posting yet more negative comments about how TB is dead and I am liaising with my accountant to look at the costs to buy Totalbowling and become a sponsor of all the major tournaments.

You should do everyone a favour and be a "Casual Observer" instead of a troll.

You are definately right there Jay. I am waiting on a reply from Jase regarding the possibility of buying the site. Then meeting with AMF and a few smaller sponsors to see what options there are. We need to resurrect this site and the community and bring all the latest scores and news to the people.

Toon, I really don't care if you are buying the site, good luck to you if you think you need to but it had nothing to do with my comment. Since you fail to understand things...Hypocrite referred to the fact you are always ready to post negative comments in relation to mine yet you post your "pot calling the kettle black" garbage.

I said TB was slowly dying and that is fact. It is not some vendetta, personal opinion or anything like that, it is a fact. Androo has taken the first step by the look of it and has done something to either improve numbers on TB by making it more public or by using another site in conjunction with TB. Either way it will improve coverage of bowlers which is what is needed.

You can't promote tenpin tournaments in Australia by saying that if you get to the same 6000-7000 bowlers that is enough and you are happy with your effort. Like someone said above, it is also mainly the tourney bowlers who visit this site.

That leaves you promoting tourneys to the same people all the time and not expanding. It is called stagnating.

I can not take credit for the idea. Ryan Edgar, who will be helping me, gave me the idea. Baby steps, but it is a start.

Anyway we can promote bowling, through this site, or social media, has to help.

Graham and myself, time permitting, are going to look at the layout of the forums, and make things more "user friendly"

It's going to be like that Pantene shampoo ad... "It won't happen overnight... But it will happen" :)

The hopeful intention of creating the TotalBowling FB page is to constantly link the Facebook users back to TotalBowling and hence creating a larger audience to TB!.

Makes perfectly good sense to me -- Frequent facebook bowler finds TB facebook page; likes it, goes on the website, signs up, sees tourney; enters! thinks to themselves "I never even knew this type of group existed!"

Win win for all parties involved!...

I hope to have the page monitored in such a way that if (for example); GrantO posts his skins tournament on the page, and link its back to his TB Thread aswell as creating a group on facebook back to BOTH TBFacebook and TB itself. This will cover all bases aswell as making bowling more popular all round (including the totalbowling website)

Sorry if that isn't understandable; i wrote it quickly while at work.

[quote
Graham and myself, time permitting, are going to look at the layout of the forums, and make things more "user friendly"

:)[/quote]

Don't find anything wrong with it now. Other opinions please ?

Agree

dont change it again, took me long enough to work out where it all is again! :)

A good addition would be a 'dislike' button though.

[quote

:)

Don't find anything wrong with it now. Other opinions please ?[/quote]

The plans are to look at dropping the number or forums - combining some that dont have a lot of traffic and /or duplication. The large number of forums and sub forums can make it difficult to navigate for a new user, and the new forum software has features that aren't being used as effectively as they should (thread prefixes to differentiate ball manufacturers in the ball reviews section - that section alone can be reduced from 20+ forums to one)

Thats just a start. The review is focusing on making the viewing/reading experience better.

You are definately right there Jay. I am waiting on a reply from Jase regarding the possibility of buying the site. Then meeting with AMF and a few smaller sponsors to see what options there are. We need to resurrect this site and the community and bring all the latest scores and news to the people.

Just spoke to Jase.... He has had no correspondence regarding the matter..

sorry mate just checked all my PM's...I have nothing in there regarding buying the site or anything of the sort...You can send again though if you want...

Back
Top Bottom