Private Messages

Should we keep the private messages option on this site.

• Keep Private Messages.

Votes: 169 94.9%
  • Can Private Messages

Votes: 9 5.1%

• Total voters
Keep them for two reasons

1 - only other way of contacting people on here is by e-mail -- not all people are happy to publicise their e-mail addresses
2 - some things can be dealt with in PM mode which saves clogging up threads with irrelevant or off topic "conversations"

Gary Black

Keep 'em - would it be possible, politically correct or whatever, to have members list in surname alpha. order to make PM contact easier if you don't know the nickname - keep their nicknames as the imagination of some bowlers is just awesome!!

Flower

Keep them, as they are handy for people who do not want to advertise their personal email addresses.

Also it's quick and convenient & to be honest I believe that Jase & Co have better things to do than to snoop through PM's

Also it's quick and convenient & to be honest I believe that Jase & Co have better things to do than to snoop through PM's
:-k

And it's illegal;)

Privacy Law's............LOL

Gary.............................................:cool:

The Reggae said:

Speaking as an Ex MOD... I 100% agree with this statement. Anyone that goes around spreading rubbish rumours like these firstly needs a life, and secondly needs their head checked!

This is a quote that im making up from the person that started this trash.

"I've got nothing better to do with my pathetic life than bitch about something, so im going to spread false rumours about Totalbowling."

To the person that used my name in spreading these rumours (you know who you are)- You are a lying pathetic fool. Grow some balls and apoligise, or else ill let everyone know who you are.

Keep private messages, and for those that don't want to use them? DONT USE THEM!

i find private messages very handy especially when buying equipment and finding tour info. So i think they should stay

I thought admins had no control what-so-ever in being able to read private messages. I know on another forum its virtually impossible, but we could delete the database... hmm but i say keep them

thought admins had no control what-so-ever in being able to read private messages. I know on another forum its virtually impossible

Ok hope this come's out ok i have gone staight to horse's mouth.

Ie: vBulletin and ask the question that a lot of us have being thinking me included can moderator's admin's read post's or not here is reply ok

vBulletin itself does not include a function that allows Admin or Mods to read private messages. However anyone with acccess to the code and the database can eeasily do this if they want. All the best,Steve MacholCustomer Support Manager, vBulletin http://www.vbulletin.com/

I have it from Jase he can not do this i belive him 100% so this should be the end of all this wasted time i had my doubt's but i belive PRIVATE MEAN'S PRIVATE so that is a good thing:D

To Jase
This was never personal as i said to you i had same convo with Graham security of internet and snail mail is a very important issue for us all.

So every one enjoy using Pm's they are safe ok.

Gary...........................................:oops:

Gary said:
Ok hope this come's out ok i have gone staight to horse's mouth.
Ie: vBulletin and ask the question that a lot of us have being thinking me included can moderator's admin's read post's or not here is reply ok
I have it from Jase he can not do this i belive him 100% so this should be the end of all this wasted time i had my doubt's but i belive PRIVATE MEAN'S PRIVATE so that is a good thing:D
To Jase
This was never personal as i said to you i had same convo with Graham security of internet and snail mail is a very important issue for us all.
So every one enjoy using Pm's they are safe ok.
Gary...........................................:oops:
And if you dont trust them, use E - MAIL
Don't ruin it for us just because you don't trust it !!
:rolleyes:
Alex :D

Just a note to everyone EMAIL is not secure too... your ISP can read them. Also, your mobile phone is bugged!!! Someone is watching you from accross the road. Your spouse is a spy from the CIA, NSA, FBI, KGB, ATO and any other 3 letter acronym you can think of.
:cool: :twisted: 8-[

I say yes, but
what's with this put your details in now.
We have a friend who is now being stalked because someone got to look them up and find out if there login was them, well, now our names are there it was easy to be found.
Then to check all their post and found their e-mail address as it was in a previous post.
I know what your going to say.
They shouldn't of put it out there to be found, blah blah blah.

So good work on letting everyone know who everyone is, and you don't think there maybe some minor problems with it.....................

I also hope things I have heard through the ages about some people being able to see our private messages isn't true, otherwise, what would be the point of having them.

How are we then expected to chat up people in relationships on the QT.

Back
Top Bottom