What Is It Coming Too?

D

Ducati 851

Arent we supposed to be community?
Are we not all bowlers?

Why is there a new thread every few days with someone bagging out someone else. If you think your soo much better than another poster...simple...put a ball in your hand and prove. I think this forum is over sledging and put down other bowlers cos of their opinions, ideas, whatever.

And I think Jase as our owner is getting sick of having to go over every thread just to see if people are bickering or fighting or abusing each other.

Is this TotalBowling or TotalPlayschool?

If you want to start a....Ive been bowling for this long.... or a Ive got a 2?? average and i know everything and can tell everyone what they can say...

PUT IT IN THE MISCELANEOUS SECTION

Im tired of seeing serious threads....half the time about how to improve the game. Being destroyed because of childish posts.

Probably why bowling doesnt go anywhere. People dont stick together.
Just like the other day i was bowling away...and good old rival...Hammer...just struck first 8 frames. And i said quietly "god its been awhile since his last...hope he gets it!" and someone said to me..."he wont. he'll choke"

So how about we be adult about things. Stop sledging..We Are All Bowlers Here!

And use this site for letting people know whats going on in the bowling world, whether it be rule changes, new balls coming out, tournaments, whatever.

Thats all ive got to say in the subject.

Ducuati as you can see, its the minority who spoil it for the rest.

The changes proposed is a huge and significant step towards bettering our sport. These changes have been brought on by WTBA, it amazes me that certain people on this site seem to think they know whats in the best interest of the sport after just a few years of bowling. Critising the recommendations of WTBA, Kegel and several PBA bowlers who support this concept is amazing, especially coming from bowlers who don't travel overseas and will never reach a WTBA or PBA level.

I put the post on the site because it is a significant 'PROPOSAL' which I thought would be sensibly commented on. Obviously some bowlers on here think they know better. Please feel free to obtain membership onto the WTBA Technical committee and tell them how to run their organisation.

I know Jase doesnt need the extra work, but maybe its time for a code of conduct...Remember we all have to abide by one as bowlers...
Penalties for mis-conduct could range from being named online for mis-behaviour to complete banning for continual indiscretions.
It would be a sad thing to see the site administrator have to impliment such a scheme, and its up to us the users to make sure it doesnt become necessary.
As the previous post said, lets act like sensible adults and ensure this site is able to continue as an information source for the sport we all love so much..
DEN.......:cool:

Sorry to break into this thread - George could you please contact me urgently re flights. 07 5596 2534
Thanks, Andrew S.

Ducuati, I agree with you 100%

But it's like telling every country to stop fighting because we need world peace. (not going to happen)

Because this is a forum you can't see the emotion of the person writing, you don't know if they are joking or serious.
While you have people with different views and attitudes you will have some level of conflict it's the nature of all humans.

Frosty:rolleyes:

Here,here Pete
Pride goes before destruction,a haughty spirit before a fall.
A man's wisdom gives him patience. It is to his glory to overlook an offense :D

I've been bowling for 6 years and have been going away for the NQ intercity for the past 3 years and I must say that compared to other sports like Football and Basketball there is not huge sence of team spirit between all bowlers both Handicap and Scratch. For example each year I have been away there has always been some kind of bitchyness, now perhaps this is the nature of bowling since singles playing plays a large part of bowling and maybe in some cases is more self rewarding that teams. I'm not saying theres anything wrong with teams but mabey the sense of I've done this and I've done and can do that compounded by the competitive nature of bowling has created rifts between people, towns and states bowling in Australia.

,Jordan

And your a right one to make comments like that Ducati!!!!!!! :p

LOL!

Nah, seriously, you are right Shannon. I agree with you totally mate! Unfortunatly though it is a public forum and as such people "can" hide behind the eternal "opinion". However what is lacking in these "opinions" is respect. Though looking at general actions of people this lack of respect is not only in the domain of cyberspace (as an example I saw people sitting on a train while a lady with a 10 month old baby in arms was standing - No not me, I was standing at the time, though, I did not hesitate in exclaming my disgust to the people sitting around her until someone vacted their seat - my bit for humanity! do I get a badge???? LOL).

There are things in the past that are about due to be reinstated, I hope your post helps bring respect and sensibility to this forum! before Jase deems it too late! Talk about fact's and bowling people (and keep the sledging on the lanes :-D )! P.S. I am better than you Ducati!!!!!! :p :-D

Rhyss.

Don't know who said it but I think it fit's in this thread!

“Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you.”

I intervened so that a 26 year old lady with a fiance wasn't raped at a pub in Port Stephens last week, do I get a medal for that? The point is some people just don't have decency or respect for others. That's just another example. I guess someone paying out on somebody else's opinion isn't quite so bad. I'm not saying it should happen, and I strongly believe that younger players should pay due respect to older players, and it gives me great displeasure and annoys me to see it happen with just a few younger bowlers.

They have been around longer than you - respect that. They've seen much more than you. I've drilled heaps of balls, for myself and others, I have tried all sorts of layouts, surface arrangements, tried them on different patterns, bowled tournaments and practice on a very wide variety of conditions, but I do not pretend for a minute that I know more than a more senior player who's experience in the game "sits" on me. I don't care if they've never drilled a ball in their life, they probably still know more than me. Bowling history is very relevant to now, if you don't know what was successful or unsuccessful in the past, how on earth can you have an idea of what to do in the future? You can guess, but that's just as likely to have a bad impact as if you did nothing to the game and left it in its current trend.

I think that a few younger bowlers have forgotton that respect is earned, not given. You might be a great talent, but go out and prove it. Great example - Belmo. He went out and proved it. People respect him for that. I'm not saying senior players have the right to bag the youngsters, not at all. But if you want your opinion to have some standing, prove that you can back yourself up first.

That's all I've got to say.

Cheers for now.

PS - Ducati has no dignity, how can I take it off him? :D

A forum is a place where people go to give voice to their thoughts and opinions on different subject matter. You don't have to agree with them, you don't even have to like them, but you should give them a certain level of respect as a person and allow them to be heard. Everyone on here has a right to that voice, from the owner to the moderators to the guy that joined while I typed this.

I don't believe that just because someone else had a mother who happened to give birth 20yrs before mine, and they happened to have picked up a bowling ball 5yrs before I was born, automatically means they should be granted a level of respect above that given to a 10yr old. Yes, I think people should all be respected to a degree, but if you want a higher level, you earn it. Not by winning X number of titles or by drilling X number of balls, but by showing respect to others and proving your knowledge.

Respect is earned, but a basic level should be given freely if you expect it in return. Think of it like money, an exchangable commodity than you can accumulate over time, or blow in a rash act.

Samuel Clements a.k.a Mark Twain wrote some of the greatest quotable statements ever. One of my favourites illustrates the passing nature of the sometimes misplaced boldness of youth. I say this plainly, because I was one of the worst offenders at age 16. I was young and full of hormones and industrial quantities of teen angst and low self esteem. Hopefully, the more I learn, the humbler I become...

Anyway, here's the quote.
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

That said, some older players have been known to not show respect to the younger ones too. Two way street guys!

Cheers,
Jason

I am not sure if people took offence to what I wrote earlier, but, all I was saying is that; unfortunately life has changed. With the "medal thing" I was not trying to "be a hero", it was to lighten the mood after giving a sombre example, in which, I was mearly referring to the fact that in the day (and it was not that long ago) this example would not have happened, anyone would have offered their seat. Unfortunately nowadays only a few will, in this case none. I just find this sad.
Opinions are fine I am all for them (I have a few myself - not many maybe one or two :p - again lightening the mood!) I just believe that opinions should be treated like rights, we all have them but in turn we should be responsible with them.
If I offended anyone I am sorry.
With the rest, I was just joking with shazza, he knows me, I know he doesn't take offence.
Rhyss.

P.S. i was not talking about any particular event/happening, I was not even referring to bowling specifically, I was referring to our society in general and the way that I have seen some things change.

Back
Top Bottom