What is too easy????

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
This should start the ball rolling, at what point is a condition deemed to be too easy?? How do we measure this, is it scores?? If the winner averages 220, is that condition too easy?

I can tell you from the few international events I have been fortunate to bowl in, averaging 210 will win most tournaments. Take into account though the oil patterns used were of a SPORT nature where there is no hold or room to shoot at. It's about keeping your speed, rev's and accuracy perfect, and then hoping you double here and there. Miss a little and you get punished with a split, I believe thats how it should be.

SPORT conditions are readily available to any person who wants them, but who is going to put one down???

Anyway back to the original question, what is too easy? I am saying anything over 225. Let's toughen them up again, bring some skill into the sport.

I don't think an average acheived neccesarily will indicate the "easyness" of a Condition. If you can make mistakes, and still score, then that is what, I think, needs to be taken out of the Game. Mistakes should be penalised!!
icon_biggrin.gif

There is one aspect of the game that never gets a mention..Our scoring system.
So here is a left field thought that would lower the scoring, no matter what the lane conditions were like.
It would reward the correct shots only,and eliminate about 99% of the luck eliment.
The correct strike position is the 1--3 pocket.(1--2 for left handers).

An electronic ball scanner (electronic eye)located in the pindeck above the pins.
Scanning with a small tolerence level either side an area between ,and including the 1--3 pins.
Or just scanning the 5 pin.
Its impossible for the 5 pin to travel left if it is hit on the brooklyn side.
Or even just the head pin.
Once the pin is hit,a scanner can easily project its intended path before it hits another pin.ie it would detect that it was a nose job,outside the tolerence level of a strike..or luck.
Just food for thought.

When the ball passes through this strike zone,the electronics registers the strike.

Out side the zone,ie a brooklyn,or a back door strike would automatically register as a 9 spare.
Before you commenced your game you would register when entering your name whether you were right or left handed.
A back up bowler would register as a left hander.
The scanner could be turned off for social etc play..
Bowling a 300,700,...holding a 220 average would really represent class,and no luck.

Back
Top Bottom