Whats your average????

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
Just wondering some of the averages around this great country of ours. I think it will come as no surprise that QLD and NSW should have some of the highest averages in the country. I bowl 1 league a week and average 225 at Chermside (pretty easy lanes, carry not so good).

How about you?

Unfortunately, the two centres I bowl at are pretty useless, and I hold 193 and 192 averages at Sunshine and Werribee respectively.

Id love to try a league in QLD one day, just to see how league conditions differ to the south of the country

I bowl in a 5 man team league at Currajong Super Bowl in Townsville, and currently hold a 208 average. I am pretty happy with it for only bowling once a week, however if I am going to have a serious crack at some tournaments next year I will have to do a lot more practice.

Must Beat Frilingos!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

last year 229/64 games

this year 211/76 games, only bowled half the season, due to losing interest, but the comeback has happened

at legends tenpin

Just crept up to 200 (finally) out at Melton bowl. More of the western suburbs bowlers should get out there.

I carry three averages: 196, 187 & 180 at the moment. The 180 is late at night & I tend to be pretty tired. The 187 is at the end of a 90 game league, which I started on 159. The 196 is after 18 games in my junior league. I bowl at Shoalhaven City Lanes two hours south of Sydney on a 30ft Xmas tree.

In the late 70 s,i was averaging 217 in a singles league at Clayfield.
20 odd years later i am averaging 221 in a singles league at Fairlanes.
Going on this slow improvement rate.
I can hardly wait for the next 20 years when i should be averaging 225.

congratulations tom, your planning on bowling to 100
icon_biggrin.gif

217 in the 70's , very very impressive

Tom, that is amazing. I remember when I was just a lad, watching some bowling on TV and watching bowlers like yourself and Terry Wenban bowl (sorry I can't remember anymore). Whilst your style was unique (to say the least) the pins continued to fall, over and over again. I congratulate you on your efforts, another 20 years or so and you might even crack the 230 barrier.

I wouldn't mind seeing you at some other National events apart from the ones that WA host. Keep up the good bowling. Can you organise a card night for immediatley after Rosemount next year, I'm feeling lucky already.....

Back
Top Bottom