The High-5; Love it? Hate it? Just wiish it would go away..?

Which High-5 (Un)Happy Camp are You In?

• I love the high-5. Love it, love it, love it. I want a high-5 for cleaning up my 5-pin.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I think the high-5 is a good thing. It builds positive team relationships.

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • I’m ambivalent about the high-5. I do it to keep the peace.

Votes: 42 35.9%
  • High-5’s are for when someone does something amazing.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • I just hate the high-5. Please stop it...

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
Its just a sign of respect and acknowlegement

Fair enough. So is a nod or a positive comment. When people want a high five in the middle of my pre shot routine, they get a nod and comment. I've already dried my hand and am getting ready to make my shot.

On a seperate note, see the attachment to this post. It made me chuckle. :)
View attachment 10140

Jason l'll be sure to give you the old ar$e grope and a little tongue in the ear Merv Hughes style after a good shot, for me it's a bit of all of the above but only applied in the right format. l must admit l get the sh!ts when my opponent has to follow me around cause l didn't give a slap on the way past. I swear some people would chase me out to the car if l missed them. I especially love those that are coughing and sneezing putting out their hands for a slap, eeeewww.

Agree with Cow - I'm indifferent. Each to their own - on a different note, I know of a bowler who has a very interesting (unorthodox, and highly inappropriate to disclose to others) method of 'calming their nerves' before league. Suffice it to say, it is not fit for mention in a public forum, and after four games of league on the same pair and continuous high-5's for EVERY closed frame, hearing this particular 'method' straight from the horses mouth still sends shivers down my spine.

I know of a bowler who has a very interesting (unorthodox, and highly inappropriate to disclose to others) method of 'calming their nerves' before league.

You can't just put that out there, and then leave us all hanging!! You must elaborate somewhat!.. :confused:

Look out the next tournament....you may have guys hunting you down in matchplay to give you a high five for their 5 pin spare just to mess with you.;)
As for me, I'm indifferent in tournaments but think it is a good thing for league and teams

hahahaha omg!!! That's disgusting!!! You're right Dousty, it was better left unsaid!!!!
At least he can't claim that he was bowling bad because he hadn't been feeling himself lately.

If that doesn't seal the deal, I don't know what will... It's flu season too. Always nice to be proffered the hand still glistening with the sheen of a raucous sneeze!

Yummy...

I think this photo from tba website sums it up
It's always up to the individual but during teams / doubles it becomes very supportive
Leanne

Attachments

• 2010 World Youth.jpg
    2010 World Youth.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 109
I went with option 2. You can normally tell when people are high fivers and non-high-fivers.

Like most people said i'll offer it out to whoever wants one, and not bothered if anyone doesn't.

Fair enough. So is a nod or a positive comment. When people want a high five in the middle of my pre shot routine, they get a nod and comment. I've already dried my hand and am getting ready to make my shot.

View attachment 10140

With you here ... I have had someone, whilst I'm up on the approach ready for my delivery, hold out there hand in a hope that I will stop to give them five ... that gets a bit much :-/

With you here ... I have had someone, whilst I'm up on the approach ready for my delivery, hold out there hand in a hope that I will stop to give them five ... that gets a bit much :-/
Where are your manners..? I recommend dropping the ball immediately... Preferably on their foot... And giving them a high five... Across the back of the head now that they're looking down so rudely. :p

It all depends on where you are and what sort of comp - Rachuig with your own team members - totally cool, as a sign of respect to a competitor in the same forum, simply polite if something really good has happened, other than that, well, only for a good carry or tricky spare.

Off the bowling side of the topic, I used to work with a girl who would high five me at work - felt like a Seindfeld episode - "I'm telling you - she was a high fiver" LOL I made a bet that I could get a dozen high fives out of her before lunch - I lost that bet. Now that she has gone, I kind of miss the high five!! Needless to say, when I saw th shorts for Jackass 3 with the High five gag, I pissed myself thinking I would like to set up that gag for her!!

Here is a question for you jason, how long do you think it takes for the other team to understand that you have no interest in the high 5? I was still getting the hand out 3rd frame into the last
game.

Come on old lady, do i have to spell it out?

Hahahahaa! Maybe she's thinking the same thing about you, Carl! :)

I need some artwork for a "no high five please" badge...

Ever since reading this thread, whenever im bowling league, i often begin judging the player and trying to decide:

- Is this guy only holding his hand out because he thinks i want it?
- Does he think im insocial or arrogant when i storm past him and hit his awaiting hand (for his spare) a little too hard when i miss an easy spare
- Is he not holding his hand out because he thinks im an old 1.
- Yep this guys definately a good old 5, the paparazzo of the high fiving world

Im personally a 2-3, i dont really expect any kind of congratulatory hand slap on a frame per frame basis, but it does stem ones thoughts...

Back
Top Bottom