bowling habits

storm53

Ok i dont know if there is already a thread like this if there is sorry but i just wanted to find out all peoples wierd habits or wierd things they do while bowling. For one thing i kinda twist my left hand which is on my balance arm into a wierd position and cup it.

I refuse to bowl without my towel. It must also befolded in a certain way. Anyone that watched me bowl for 2 frames will set that I constantly unfold and fold my towel.

Later Da Cowman!

I do the same thing - my towel is always folded a particular way before each shot. It's a weird one, but it's something I do.

I do that with my towel as well. I also can't stand bowling with anything other than a wrist guard on my hands or arms. no jewellery, no watches. most people find that weird!

i have to bowl with a ring on my left hand index finger. call me quier but i dont feel right without that there and thumb tape in my coin pocket. i have a few more but i wont mention them lol made myself seem quier enough as it is

Well for one thing before and after i bowl each bowling ball has to be in a certain place in my bag, if there not i have to rearranget them unitl there right again

taking the ball behind my back each shot which is a really bad habit that i am trying to get out of!

storm53 said:
Well for one thing before and after i bowl each bowling ball has to be in a certain place in my bag, if there not i have to rearranget them unitl there right again

I know exactly what you mean, I do the same thing.

Guys - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you do realise if you tell everyone what your habit is, it is possible someone may go out their way to put you out of rhythm by knocking your towel, or unfolding it on you, or similar. Obviously this wont bother them, but might put you out of kilter.

jase_mate said:
taking the ball behind my back each shot which is a really bad habit that i am trying to get out of!

lol u anit the only 1 with that problem, thats the only habit i would have to say i have got

Street Racer said:
lol u anit the only 1 with that problem, thats the only habit i would have to say i have got

yep im trying to correct it with coaching

its so frustraiting

storm53 said:

I do that same thing unless i only what 4 then i re-arrange but if i have all six they must all go back in the same bag and my also has to be folded when i bowl it's just strange..

Chris

wen i hop onto the approach i tap my finger inserts twice, duno why i do it but its just a habit i have!
:confused:

I have the ball rearrangment habit too.
I also have to pull my shorts/pants up before I bowl.
They don't need to be pulled up just something I do!

I also have to fold my towel in a specific way when I finish bowling.
And lastly I have to dry my hand with the hand drier before each shot.

Well that's all my habits, other than getting less strikes than spares in a game...but were not all Belmontes.

Toshio

Ace Ventura said:
wen i hop onto the approach i tap my finger inserts twice, duno why i do it but its just a habit i have!
:confused:
thats similar to mine
i put my fingers to my mouth and blow air on them then i smack my ball on the thumb hole.

I stand on the approach, hold the ball in my left hand and dig my fingers into the inserts whilst taking a long deep breath and just blankly glaring at my target on the lane for quite a few seconds before I put my thumb into the ball - kind of off in a daydream.
My mind and expression goes blank when I stare which tells me if I'm relaxed enough or not to make a good shot.

When I'm not having a good day, and am not relaxed that routine becomes rushed, I swear under my breath about previous poor shots while I'm lining up and start looking everywhere but my target.

Naturally, I try and follow the first routine/habit.

griggsy said:
i have to bowl with a ring on my left hand index finger. call me quier.

Queir...

At least you're not QUEER...

;)

I do a ball change too often. Most times I just need to change my line, but for some stupid reason I change balls.

I have a Dollar Coin in my right pocket, it's my lucky coin. I also have all my keys in there too, and then i feel balanced.............:rolleyes:

Strange but true.....:D

storm53 said:

Same!
I have a few more bag arrangements:
1) And I have 3 towels that I dont use that all have to be put in the same place, one is in the bottom of a 4 ball roller inside the flap bit, the other 2 are folded on the 2 balls in the top part on the same side always.
2) My bowling shoes go into my bag 1st facing the same way
3) Then my towel that I do use goes next to it folded the same way
4) Then on top of that is my puff bag that is positioned neatly under my wrist brace which faces the same way.

When I write it out like that is sounds a little obsessive compulsive!
These are all quite interesting.. I'm not going to tell my pre-shot habits because I agree with Graham that it is possible someone may go out their way to put you out of rhythm. No offence to those that wouldnt, I know I wouldnt, but it COULD happen..

Alicia

I use 2 towels. One for wiping the oil from the ball which I do every shot. The second for my hands.

I sing to my bowling balls. They love Iron Maiden, but Judas Priest makes them nuts. :D

Back
Top Bottom