Be proud of your shield team Tassie

desmondo

Tasmania recently sent 7 boys and 7 girls to the compete in the President Shield competition. Many of these bowlers were quite young (inlcuding my son who is only 14) and they had to compete against the best under 18 year olds in the country.

At the end of day 1, the boys were in the medal hunt but unfortunately couldn't carry on across the the three days.

The girls finished fourth, a fantastic effort - well done.

My son James was drafted into the Tassie team and as such I had never met any of the Tassie bowlers.

Let me tell you that they are the most positive and dedicated kids I have met in a long time. They represented Tassie with pride and dignity.

Many of the kids were tired and hurting but they never gave in and showing great fighting spirit and tremendous sportsmanship.

At the end of the 18th game, every strike or spare was cheered as loudly as at the start of the first game.

The kids might not have won on the scoreboard but they won as human beings and true sportspeople.

If you see one of the shield bowlers in your centre, go up and say congratulations as they really deserve all the praise you can give them.

Gary Crick and the support staff were all fantastic but the kids stole the show.

Well done all

Des

AGREE AGREE AGREE!!!

A wonderful group of kids and parents!

I hope you guys come back and visit me when you are in Geelong next year!

Edi

Back
Top Bottom