Tassie wins boys division at President's Shield

For the second time since the event started the Tassie boys have taken out first place in the 2002 President's Shield being held in Bankstown.

This follows the success of the boys team which won the division in the early 90's.

They finished with a 7-0 victory over south aus to hold first place.

Nathan Young bowled brilliantly to top the averages for the whole field.
Dave Cavanagh bowled well to finish seventh in the averages.
With great support from the experienced Dan Bunting and new boys Adam Reeve, Joel Reeve, Ben Harriss and Jarrod McCarthy.

The girls bowled well to finish in 7th spot.
The team finished in 3rd place overall, which is a fantastic effort.

This is a truly magical result for the team and for Tasmanian bowling in general.

So everyone get right behind the guys, bombard them with congratulations and then more congratulations after that.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I would like to be the next one to congratulate the boys on their fantastic victory. Also, congratulations to the WHOLE team on the third place finish overall. I think that is the highest we have ever finished.. correct me if I am Wrong. It is the result, as coaches, the we all strive for and the culmination of a lot of hard over a long period of time from not only Garry, Brett K, and Gav from this year, but also from Brett R, Myself, and all the other personal coaches that have a hand in things over the last 5 or so years. No doubt I speak for all of us and say that we are all very proud of your efforts, not only this year but from previously as well. You might think that practises are boring and mundane , BUT these are the results it all leads too. Hopefully, now they might listen to us instead of complaining lol.

Once again congrats and well done.

GUS

To all Tasmanian Sheild bowlers.......What a f**king fantastic effort!
icon_biggrin.gif

To the boys, congrats from all of us at the Phillips household. I personally have been watching the scores all day, and I must admit, I have no finger nails left at all. Great bowling boys, especially to Nathan and Dave. Just awesome.

It is a joy to see a little state such as ours come out on top, beating the rest of Australia. Enjoy the moment, as it will be something you will remember for the rest of your lives. All of Tasmania is proud of you.

I will be having a few beers for you tonight, as I know you're too young to drink!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

I would just like to also add my congratulations to the entire team on an excellent performance while in Sydney.

The girls efforts should not be under-rated, with the young team that we sent away I think that they did a fantastic job, especially when you compare their averages at home with what they achieved over there. As for the boys, I am still in shock over what is just a tremendous effort. They kept their heads so well under what must have been extreme pressure and pulled through.

I think it was Mark that said in another post a champion team will always beat a team of champions, and this has never been more true.

The only thing that could have added to this is if I could have been there with you to celebrate it, but I am sure I will manage a few post-trip celebrations with some of you
icon_biggrin.gif

As mentioned in my other post on the general forum.

I too, want to congratulate the whole team on a great effort. To confirm for Gus, as far as know, yes that definately is our best overall finish, I think the 94 team finished equal 4th, and I belive that that was the best effort at the time.

Anyway i am digressing. To the boys. Fantastic. I don't know what to say, i am surprised and ecstatic for you guys.

To Nathan. What an awesome effort. Not only for what you did under pressure in the final day, but for the whole 3 days .... a low game of 184 I think .... with all other games over 190 ... thats good bowling on any condition! To Dave. Also a great effort, Im sure you led from the front and pumped the boys up! To the rest of the team, great job also!!!

To Brett .... how good do you think you are??? Must think this coaching caper is an easy game??? lol .... But seriously, Im sure you had a lot to do with keeping the boys focussed and relaxed and not getting ahead of themselves, so congratulations.

And without any furhter dribblings from ones self ... all I have to say is .....

Go Tassie, it's ya Birhtday!!!! lol

Hope you stuck it up the Vics ..... and for that matter everyone else .. lol

That's all for now.
Scooter

all i can say is i am speachless, i am so proud of you all considering we only had three experienced bowlers in the team we did so bloody well i am so damn proud of you all, its a shame i couldnt be there to hwatch tassie bring it home, but like i said before this all started, boom here comes the boom ready or not here comes the boys from the south!!!! well done guys you have made us all proud.!!!

CONGRATULATIONS
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
When I got the news here at Strahan St from Sydney that you guys had won I jumped up in the air and cracked my head on the low-roof beneath the stairs
icon_eek.gif

That was only the second win for Tasmania in the boys section in the entire history of President Shield competition.
I was privilidged to witness the first one at Moonah in 1990 as a 15 year old (the two weeks internal suspension from school for skipping school and going to the bowl was well worth it)and I really wished I could have been there to see you guys do it again.
Well done to Nathan Young on a truly outstanding 215 average for the tournament.
Nathan has started to hit great form in league of late and its great to see all the hard work paying off.
Congratulations must also go to the Girls Team who although fell away towards the end - still battled thier guts out and ensured Tasmania finished 3rd in the Combined Event - our highest placing.
Well done to all the coaches and support staff and players on a truly MAGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENT.
I had a few beers for you guys in the Old Tigers Bar at the TCA Ground for you this evening - WELL DONE
icon_wink.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Well done to the entire Tassie team - on such a fantastic effort at President Shield!! Tassie is very proud of every single one of you
icon_smile.gif

And to the boys on a fantastic win - it's incrediable
icon_smile.gif
And well deserved
icon_smile.gif
I think its a sign of more great things to come in the future of all our juniors
icon_smile.gif

Well done,

Beck

yes great job boys!

see all that stirring and crap we gave you guys toughened you up and got u prepared for the pressure cooker of sheild.

once again well done (especially to nathan) but it was a team effort and a champion team effort
icon_biggrin.gif

peace out

Loco

luko....dont forget to sign out next time
icon_confused.gif
otherwise someone may post.

loco

i am fag of the nation

hahahahaha

well me being a bit behind the times have only hear lastnight, but well done guy. and to the whole team we all know how hard it is out there and the 3rd place out right it a top effot , well done

on behalf of the team i would like to say a specail thank u to everyone that has supported us over the last couple of months and for all the ppl that believed we could do it.

i would like to give a huge thanx to brett k and collin for keeping us in line and on track. we couldnt have done it without u guys

thanx

Heya,
Well done to the Tassie guys...you did really well and you desreved your win!
icon_smile.gif
Kat
icon_smile.gif

(NSW)

Fantastic effort to the boys, well done.
And good job to the girls to work toward an overall third place for Tassie.
An excellent team effort.
And kudos to the coaches for their hard work.
CONGRATULATIONS!!
This is fantastic for Tassie as a bowling community, and lets hope it will inspire more interest to boost the Tassie junior numbers.
The whole team should be proud.

hey i'd like to thank everyone who had faith in us and supported us all the way!! i would like to say a big thanx to all coaching and managering staff!!! especially to gav and cathy for supporting me the most while i was away. i must say i did have a pretty **** year leading up the president sheild but i like to thank eric challenor for his coaching and to gav doing the same while we were away!! reading the posts before i read that there is alot of congradulating the boys and they did bowl well but we wouldnt have got 3rd place without us gals and i would like to congradulate emma tubb for how well she bowled while we were away she averaged a 180 something bowled all 18 games and won 15 of them and i think that is a fantastic job better than the guys in that department and better than anyone in australia and a big thanx to all the gals for there support while away well actually the whole team was excellent to be with!!
sarah,dave and nathan we will miss ya next year but good luck for the future!
and to those ppl who thought that we were just an ordinary junior side you can all kiss our arse cause we're from the apple isle! we showed you's all up!! we can do it and we proved it!!
thanx for ya time
MEL COLLINS

Ok ok. I suppose I might just leave the mum thing alone for a couple of minutes. I'd like to say congrats to the Tassie boys, you guys did a fantastic job of winning the boys division this year. I'd also like to congratulate Nathan for making Allstars, u bowled really well, especially our little head to head, what was it U 265 me 214, good on ya. And to David, u did well to, bad luck on not making allstars, but u deserved to be in it. To the other boys. What can I say, u got me started and I'm still goin on about it in WA.

Now to the girls. Congratulations, u managed to finish ahead of our girls. Good effort put in by all. I got to see some good bowlers in action. Well done.

Now to the whole team, managers, coaches and supporters. Congrats on coming third overall, it is pleasing to think that there is a team, with no hot headed players, to finish in the top 3. Congrats to the coaches for producing some fine bowlers, and congrats to the supporters, u stood behind your team all the way.

Again congratulations Tasmania, u deserved it.

Until next year,

Adrian (WA)

And remember my motto boyz.

Well...what can i say....Congratulations!!! Not only to the Tassie Boys, but to the Tassie Girls aswell. I just read the posts above and there are a lot of proud people in Tassie, and i think it is great to see so many people who couldn't make it to the nationals themself, showing all there support for the teams. I'm sure that helped the boys over the line, and both teams to hold onto 3rd place overall, just as much as anything. You guys did an awesome job out there on the lanes and i didn't once notice anyone in the team give up, which was unlucky for us, but you guys really did bowl awesome and stuck together as a team. I don't know if Dave has let go of that Boys cup yet, but he sure did have a firm grip on it at the shield ball
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
Who could blame him though?? I would've loved to have been holding it myself but it wasn't to be. Congratulations again, and also on the 3rd place overall!!!!!

Fear not young adrian
icon_razz.gif

you and the team will be holding that cup and the shield next year!!!!
icon_cool.gif

catchalatamates
icon_confused.gif

Hi Guys

I would like to send out a huge congrats to ALL the Tassie boys and girls for a fantastic effort this year.

Boys-Us WA girls were on the next pair as you guys won the boys cup, and since we'd all become good friends, we were really happy for you all. Well done to all the first years (Adan, Joel, Ben and Jarrod) and the rest (Nath, Dan and Dave)

Girls-The only thing i can fault you for is putting our guys off all the time (hehehehe), but for a moment there, i thought you girls were going to be right up the with the queensland teams and SA, but no to be this year, maybe next year.

I'm glad to have known all you guys, keep up the good work.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the 2002 president sheild boys & girls team.

A special thanks to the boys on making the trip a succesful one.It will be a moment that I'll treasure for a life time.There were some great individual efforts and one huge TEAM effort. Make sure you never forget what you've done. GREAT JOB.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom