Well Done Tassie Juniors

B

B Kenley

I just want to say Well Done to the Tasmanian President Sheild Team both boys and girls.

Over the three days we experienced alot of ups and downs but no one "spat the dummy" or reacted badly to any decisions made which made my and Garry's job easier. We were constantly hearing from bowlers from other states who where upset that they had been dropped, this didn't happen in our team and for that I thank all the kids.

The boys were a pleasure to work with. They worked very hard to finish where they did, probably alot harder than the teams who finished above them. For those who weren't there these 7 boys showed a huge amount of guts and determination and never gave up even when they knew they wouldn't win, they fought to the end.

It was great to get the spectators involed in chanting favourites being "turkey slap" and "Joely". We actually had many comments on our spectator support and to all the spectators THANKYOU!!! :D

To wrap this up Tassies is only a small state and we don't have the amount of bowlers that the other states do, so I am very proud and happy with the way our team did this year and all involved should be proud too.

Well Done
Cheers!

Brett (The Hulk) & Sheree (Worlds Greatest Mum)

President's Shield

We would just like to back up what Brett & Sheree posted above.

It can be quite hectic and stressful trying to look after and control 14 teenagers for 9 days. But the Tasmanian Shield teams were well behaved and showed great maturity during our stay in Melbourne.

To the Boys team, congratulations on your 5th placing. You definately deserved a medal finish after showing us your fighting spirit and never say die attitude over the 3 days of the competition.

To the Girls team, you showed the same fighting qualities as the boys team and your enthusiasm and support for each other was amazing. As girls coach & manager, we were very proud of each and every one of you and although we did not achieve our goal you are still a CHAMPION TEAM in our eyes.

We would also like to thank our supporters. You were unbelievable both on and off the lanes and especially on Sunday night when you provided dinner for the whole team. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

To Brett, Sheree and Colin, thank you very much for the time and effort that you gave that helped to make this such a memorable and successful trip.

Garry ( Big Softie ) & Kathy ( Who cried the most ) Crick

I just wanted to give my heartfelt and sincerest thanks to brett(the incredible hulk) and shree, colin, garry kathy and the parents of the shield people. without your support and guidence we couldnt have got where we did. also i wanted to say thank you to the shield boys and girls for making my first and last yr as a junior state bowler a year i will always treasure and never forget, and to dan bunting especially, without your constant drive, guts and determination the boys and myself would not have been able to go the distance we did. to everyone i thank you all and goodluck with all future junior bowling, hopefully ill be there to help in some years to come.

thank you all

from jayson(the lunch cutting hyena)

i just wanted to say thanx to every1
Brett, ur guts and determination is what got us 2 where we finished, whenever we got down, u were always there to pik us back up, hulkman, ur a legend
sheree, same goes for u, ur a beut mum, lol
Colin, ur rally style bus drivin was great, especially when u made be spill is drink all over himself, lol, ur a champ
Capitan dan, what do i say, ur a legend, and a true champion, without you, i have no idea how we wouldve coped, u were always fighting hard, and thanx for everything man, ur a legend
mum and dad, u helped me so much, i was gald u were there
the rest of my team mates, boys and girls, our support for each other was great, i dont know how the rest of yas felt, but when i had both teams behind me, my confidence lifted so much more, cheers, ur all legends
and the supporters, how could i forget you, u certainally let us know u were there, u's all rock

lastly, thanx to everyone for supporting me through masters, i wouldnt of been able to do it without yas, i was so nervous, i thank us all for staying by me

it was an awesome trip, but didnt go long enuff, u's all made my first and last year of trip so enjoyable, i just wish i was younger so i could keep bowlin shield, lol

anyways, the ones goin back again next year, good luk, and drive it home for tassie, u's all no u can do it, u's proved it this year, ur all champions

catchyas all later
cheers
Crikey

Well Well Well...where to start???
first i think i should thank kathy and garry. if i said this once, ive said it a million times, you two were great. you had undieing support for all of the team, girls in particular being the girls coach and manager and all. you were always there for us, and not only with bowling, but with the issues that had to be delt with back at the motel or shopping or where ever we were. you took us all in and treated us like your own...with respect.
to brett, sheree and colin, from the time that i spent with you over the 10 days, i discovered that your support and enthusiasm and, sheree your excitedness, was all HUGELY appreciated. you were behind the team 100% of the way and for my 1st year of shield i believe that that is a huge achievement in its self.
to the boys team...you are all exceptionally good bowlers...joking joking...you are all excellent bowlers and all became my close friends. without you all, i dont think my experience as a tassie would be complete. Dan, as the captain you did an absolute fantabulous job. the guys seemed to never giv up with you there. i had so much fun with you guys, so thanks a bundle.
to the girls team, you were all awesome. total legends you are. you all accepted me as one of your own. a true tassie. i had only known the majority of the girls for 2weeks and hayli for the 10 days... but when i had to leave on sunday i felt like i had known you all for years. i now have true respect and love for tasmania because of you.
lastly to all those i have missed, to all the supporters, parents and friends, we could never have done it without you all.
i cant wait to see you all again next year, if not sooner. it's going to be a blast and i wish you all good luck and good fortune in every thing you do and for the future.
take care
love always...your draftee...alicia (alli) garioch

Howdy

Just wanna say how much fun it was to bowl with everyone from Tasmania, everyone back here in SA keeps commenting on how funny everyone is

u all made my trip so much fun, esp ben on his first comment to me when i walked through the door for the first time... "Fouled lately Brad???" Well ben, didnt foul this year...

Again thanks for making this yr so much fun and cant wait for Illawarra 2004

Catch ya soon sometime

brad

Back
Top Bottom