2007 AFL Grand Final - PORT v GEELONG

9 All Australians (3 All Australians for Port)
Joel Selwood Rising Star
Gary Ablett Brownlow Medalist
Jimmy Bartel Norm Smith Medal
And Geelong to win the flag

Just for you Port fans you must have a very short memory. Rd 9 Port v Geelong at your AAMI Stadium. Geelong wins by 56 points when all the boys played.

Round 21 Port v Geelong Port by 5 points. Missing Joel Selwood (Rising Star), Jimmy Bartel and Cameron Ling (All Australians).

You do the maths.

GO CATS

why don't you cry some more - or is losing 190+ from 2 matches not enough -now you will have to support another team - at least we are in the finals - it sounds like you are the sore losers.

No.... hearing the nice Port supporters tell us to get out of the West Lakes area as quick as possible was enough for us to realise what was going on.

Same applies when the Police turned up at the resort.

Quite sad that Port fans would want violence after beating us as comfortably as you did... Any wonder your not allowed to consume alcohol at your seats at AAMI!

Thanks to the 40% of Port fans who were nice and accommodating on the weekend. Its a pity you have to compete for airspace with the other 60%.

just a question .... how long ago was geelongs last premiership????

i dont like port much but i hope they beat geelong!!!

a lot of pressure on geelong can they handle it????

About 44 years ago hope that helps

For the Port supporters

A b o u t 4 4 y e a r s a g o ( need to speak slowly )

Can hear them comming already 5 buses , 3 full of supporters and 2 with the parole officers , enjoy your day release.

Wow I might have a bit of a sledge myself.

Why are Victorian AFL fans so bitter?? Is it because a Victorian team hasn't won a premiership since 2000?? No need to dis Adelaide.

To set the record straight, Victoria is NOT the home of football. It is the AFL (AUSTRALIAN football league) not the VFL.

I think people who are writing Port off are kidding themselves. What happened earlier this year is irrelevant, stats are irrelevant and the fact Geelong have been the best team this year is irrelevant. What is relevant is who is the best team on Grand Final day.

So get in touch with reality and realize the best team doesn't always win

i am not a bitter victorian supporter in fact bloody proud of my team collingwood for the results they got this year.
you seam to have a problem with the victorians at the moment -- very disappointed in you -- did think you would be like that deadman inc
just where did the afl originate from???
didn't west coast eagles and brisbane and adelaide join up with the victorian football league to form the afl?????
correct me if i am wrong --

i am not a bitter victorian supporter in fact bloody proud of my team collingwood for the results they got this year.
you seam to have a problem with the victorians at the moment -- very disappointed in you -- did think you would be like that deadman inc
just where did the afl originate from???
didn't west coast eagles and brisbane and adelaide join up with the victorian football league to form the afl?????
correct me if i am wrong --
I got nothing against Victorians at all. I'm a proud Brisbane Lions supporter and despite the fact they haven't done very well since the great 01, 02 and 03 premiership team, I'm still very much a loyal fan and i am not blind to the fact that the Brisbane Lions are in part Fitzroy, a Melbourne club. The AFL heartland is Victoria yes, but it is now very much a national sport and the HOME of the AFL is Australia.

it is the impression i got that you dislike victorians cos you were dising the melbourne storm supporters the other week and now its the afl supporters based in victoria. i am sure no one is disputing that victoria is the heartland of afl -- even before the vfl went national alot of top players come over from south aus and western aus to play in the vfl cos the competition was a better one than in those states -- us vics are very passionate about our footy code and very proud , so if someone is going to attack our game you will hear about it.

it is the impression i got that you dislike victorians cos you were dising the melbourne storm supporters the other week and now its the afl supporters based in victoria. i am sure no one is disputing that victoria is the heartland of afl -- even before the vfl went national alot of top players come over from south aus and western aus to play in the vfl cos the competition was a better one than in those states -- us vics are very passionate about our footy code and very proud , so if someone is going to attack our game you will hear about it.
Michelle my comments about Victorian AFL fans in this thread was no more then a friendly sledge as a few people were sledging the South Australians. It's no personal attack at all. What I said about the Melbourne Storm fans was targeted at a selected few with bad taste, not the Victorian people. We are all Australian thats all that matters.

Back on topic.....GO PORT!!!!!

No.... hearing the nice Port supporters tell us to get out of the West Lakes area as quick as possible was enough for us to realise what was going on.
Same applies when the Police turned up at the resort.
Quite sad that Port fans would want violence after beating us as comfortably as you did... Any wonder your not allowed to consume alcohol at your seats at AAMI!
Thanks to the 40% of Port fans who were nice and accommodating on the weekend. Its a pity you have to compete for airspace with the other 60%.

Mate - I am sorry for experience - thats just wrong. I am all for a bit rivalry but some idiots take it a bit to far. But this happens everywhere not just in Adelaide.

Larissa & Max - yes Geelong do have a great side full of some great players - congratulations to Jimmy on the Brownlow - don't forget Geelong only have 1 player with Grand Final experience - Port have 9.

Hopefully I will be able to there - it should be a great match.

Go Power :D

:JD::groupwave2::beerchug::drums: I Have my tickets

can't wait never been to the G before.

Dave :D

I'd like to see the Cats finally bring home a flag.
I personally know two blokes (John Devine and John Watts) who played in their last flag back in 1963, and those blokes will be absolutely over the moon if they win it again.

Mate - I am sorry for experience - thats just wrong. I am all for a bit rivalry but some idiots take it a bit to far. But this happens everywhere not just in Adelaide.
Larissa & Max - yes Geelong do have a great side full of some great players - congratulations to Jimmy on the Brownlow - don't forget Geelong only have 1 player with Grand Final experience - Port have 9.
Hopefully I will be able to there - it should be a great match.
Go Power :D
Thats it, every team has a group of fans that are idiots but they don't define all the fans they are just some of them.

who beat geelong first up BULLDOGS:p
who beat port round 14 BULLDOGS:eek:
who`s not in the finals BULLDOGS :surrender:
i`m done GO CATS.........................:p

GO CATS !!! lets shut down Port Adelaide this Saturday and turn off their power :p

Sounds to me that a few people have gone back a bit and checked earlier treads , i was talking about the poor for of the Port fans after the game , like it or not a huge number of them are feral and seem to lack resect for the history of the game.
A few facts about my team the Kangaroos ( North Melbourne ) joined the comp in 1925, Poorest team in the comp , substandard facilities at Arden st ,
always bottom 3 in membership . favorities for the wooden spoon 2007.
Smashed by Geelong , not on our own there, beaten badly by a better team on the weekend. I drove 7 hours with not high hopes , but to see a true champ play his last game in the same style he has done for over ten years. Thats respect.
Most Victorians hate Collingwood and their supporters wouldnt want it any other way, we all wear our hearts on our sleves.
Send my club to Queensland or have a laugh at us at the fact we are underfunded but understand our boys are rebuilding after being top s**t in the 90's.

My opinion cats too strong and will win the flag (My Opinion )

Hearts to hearts and hands to hands beneath the blue and white we stand

Poorest team in the comp , substandard facilities at Arden st ,
always bottom 3 in membership . favorities for the wooden spoon 2007.
Smashed by Geelong , not on our own there, beaten badly by a better team on the weekend. I drove 7 hours with not high hopes , but to see a true champ play his last game in the same style he has done for over ten years. Thats respect.

It was a roadtrip I will never forget. 10 of the most passionate North Melbourne supporters you will ever see...

We may have the smallest membership, but its arguably the most passionate. We don't have the drop off the other clubs do, we have the same 20,000 North supporters who front up week in week out who bleed blue and white for the club...

Lets hope we can keep us in Melbourne.

In my opinion, Geelong are ripe and ready to go... Cats by 45 points.

Back
Top Bottom