The 2007 NRL Telstra Premiership Thread

hahahaahahha funny funny stuff dood
are they from ure own private collection or hammers
"This has to be the best thread in the lounge EVER"

No mate, just highlights from the Manly Team of the Century dinner... funny thing is Ian Roberts was considered the 'toughest' footballer to ever play for Manly. A close second was Toovey (the walking blowjob).

Brisbane will absolutely slaughter Manly in Round 21 on their way to back-to-back premierships.

No mate, just highlights from the Manly Team of the Century dinner... funny thing is Ian Roberts was considered the 'toughest' footballer to ever play for Manly. A close second was Toovey (the walking blowjob).
Brisbane will absolutely slaughter Manly in Round 21 on their way to back-to-back premierships.
i think theres some tough talkin here from both directions theres gonna have to be some sort of bet.

Id love to see Richie Richlands at the western open decked out in a manly jersey and maybe if Manly get rorted and lose Richie Richland can make me bowl in broncos gear

Do we have a deal????

i think theres some tough talkin here from both directions theres gonna have to be some sort of bet.
Id love to see Richie Richlands at the western open decked out in a manly jersey and maybe if Manly get rorted and lose Richie Richland can make me bowl in broncos gear
Do we have a deal????

Sorry Cam, But I could never wear a jersey that has had , toovey, roberts, and hoppa represented, Just can't bring myself to do it.

Ok i'll tell you what, loser has to buy tickets to the next match that they meet, here in Brisbane, might be next year but. what you say?

QUOTE]\

LMAFO..

Great line, a true reflection:D :D :D :D

Sorry Cam, But I could never wear a jersey that has had , toovey, roberts, and hoppa represented, Just can't bring myself to do it.
Ok i'll tell you what, loser has to buy tickets to the next match that they meet, here in Brisbane, might be next year but. what you say?
SOFT
Im prepared to bowl in broncos gear if manly loses

come on richie richlands wheres ure kauhanas

I think at the end of the day the truth is hammer has no faith in his broncos and is too scared of them losing. If they were really as good as u say richie and were gonna smash manly u would jump at the opportunity to see me bowl in broncos gear.

SOFT
Im prepared to bowl in broncos gear if manly loses
come on richie richlands wheres ure kauhanas
I think at the end of the day the truth is hammer has no faith in his broncos and is too scared of them losing. If they were really as good as u say richie and were gonna smash manly u would jump at the opportunity to see me bowl in broncos gear.

Ok cam I’ll take you up on the bet, a few rules first, since it's for the Western open and I take that tournament pretty seriously, I am going to have to have a jersey that fits me properly.;)

Mate I wouldn't have a jersey big enough for you mate, since im into an lge these days mate, how would I go about supplying you with the right size. I think Boston Represent has an away strip for the broncos for 35 bucks maybe that’s an idea??
No punt intended

Ok cam I’ll take you up on the bet, a few rules first, since it's for the Western open and I take that tournament pretty seriously, I am going to have to have a jersey that fits me properly.;)
Mate I wouldn't have a jersey big enough for you mate, since im into an lge these days mate, how would I go about supplying you with the right size. I think Boston Represent has an away strip for the broncos for 35 bucks maybe that’s an idea??
No punt intended
It doesnt have to be a Jersery Mate ;)

I know where i can get a Broncos polo for myself.

As for the manly jersey i can also organise one in your size.

All really small trivial issues.

If the bets on its on.

Oh and i to will be taking the Western Open very seriously, You know if i can be out on the piss to 4am while watching the world cup final the night before and just miss the step ladder at the brisbane masters what am i gonna do if im sober the night before the western open :D

Match of the year - Round 21

Brisbane Broncos v Manly Sea Eagles

Has there ever been a match with more riding on it than this one?? This is bigger than a grand final

didnt see this one coming

Petero The Panther
By staff writers www.foxsports.com.au
June 28, 2007 BRISBANE prop Petero Civoniceva has agreed to terms with Penrith, Panthers general manager for rugby league, Michael Leary, confirmed today.

Leary said securing Civoniceva was a huge boost for the club, which this week granted captain Craig Gower a release to play rugby union in France next year.

"This is great news for the club," Leary said.

"Petero is not only a tremendous player, he's a leader - someone for our younger forwards to look up to and follow."

The deal is for two years with an option of a third.

"I'm really excited about coming to Penrith - it's a new challenge," Civoniceva said.

"From what I hear the club has plenty of young talent coming through."

Civoniceva, 31, was born in Fiji and played for Redcliffe rugby union club as a junior before joining the Broncos. He has an enviable representative record for Australia and Queensland.

Agence France-Presse

Share this article: Digg this Post to del.icio.us Post to Newsvine
Font size: Increase font size Decrease font size Send this article: Print this article Email this article

really surprised by this must have used Gowies money to sign him. Good on em i say im glad he didnt end up at the chooks who seem to try and buy every international forward on the market. The last club to do that was norths and we all know where they are now Gooooooooooooorn

I must say i am totally suprised, but i must say that once Gower disappears, penrith might5 actually move forward.

Lets go Panthers

Panthers might go allright next season with petro in the front row. The worst thing is they will have to find some halfs No Gower or Wallace. Sorry all the Panthers fans but they need a good half and five eight to win...

I can't understand how the Broncos spent money on players from other clubs before re-signing there own star players. I understand the rush to sign Wallace and the need to finance their young players coming through, but to leave a guy like Petro out of the cap is the dumbest thing the Broncos have done in their 20 year history. They sign Joel Clinton and youngsters who may never play for the broncos before the best prop in the NRL. In my opinion Petro is just as important and invaluable to the club as Darren Lockyer and it's a shame that a player who is as loyal to the club as Petro has been to be squeezed out. I understand the salary cap restrictions but Petro should have been top priority, even before Wallace, to be signed for the Broncos

I can't understand how the Broncos spent money on players from other clubs before re-signing there own star players. I understand the rush to sign Wallace and the need to finance their young players coming through, but to leave a guy like Petro out of the cap is the dumbest thing the Broncos have done in their 20 year history. They sign Joel Clinton and youngsters who may never play for the broncos before the best prop in the NRL. In my opinion Petro is just as important and invaluable to the club as Darren Lockyer and it's a shame that a player who is as loyal to the club as Petro has been to be squeezed out. I understand the salary cap restrictions but Petro should have been top priority, even before Wallace, to be signed for the Broncos

No, the dumbest thing this club ever did was allow Bennet to sack Wally Lewis.................

Kennedy the $3 man..... or is it Marn :p

MANLY have secretly signed their former champion forward Ben Kennedy on a $3 contract as an insurance policy against injuries in the run home to the finals.

Sea Eagles CEO Grant Mayer registered the contract with the NRL last night, paving the way for the club legend to make a comeback at any time.

The money is a far cry from the $400,000-a-season he commanded only last year when he was widely regarded as the best and most damaging forward in the NRL.

Mayer told The Daily Telegraph last night that coach Des Hasler had done the deal with Kennedy after weeks of discussions.

"Ben told Des he still misses Manly dearly and would love to play again," Mayer said, "They've been talking about it for a long time.

"He basically said to Des, 'If you're struggling with injuries at any time, don't forget about me'."

Mayer said Kennedy had kept himself in great shape since retiring at the end of last season.

"He hasn't trained a lot but he still looks great," Mayer said.

"I guess you'd have to say it's a 1000/1 chance that he'd play but you never know what can happen in this game. It's fantastic security for us to know he's there as such a great fall-back option."

Hasler said: "Ben's the sort of bloke who could do it, even after a long absence.

"But to be honest, it's unlikely. I've got great back-rowers already and I've got great depth.

"It's a nice safety guard. We've been discussing it for a while actually. It's been quite funny. Ben wanted a $5 deal, I said $1, so we met halfway. Seriously, how loyal is the bloke? He'd come back for sure if we needed him.

"It's all very hypothetical at this stage but who knows what's going to happen down the track?"

Mayer faxed the contract to the NRL's salary cap auditor Ian Schubert late yesterday, just 48 hours before the deadline.

It is a similar move to that of the Melbourne Storm, whose coach Craig Bellamy signed retired forward Robbie Kearns to a $2 contract last year in case he was needed for the finals.

Kennedy would not accept phone calls last night, but told one club official: 'I still love the club, I love all the players and always will. I'm still very loyal to them. If they need me I'm there."

NRL boss David Gallop confirmed the contract had been registered last night.

"It's a legitimate contract and it's been done before with Melbourne," Gallop said.

"Any match payments he earns would go into their cap for next year."

Kennedy may initially struggle if he returns from a nine-month break but one source had no doubt he would be capable of again holding his own in the NRL.

"Lots of players spend nine months on the sidelines with injuries and come back," one Manly official said. "A lot of people think Ben retired one year too early, anyway."

With a bye next, then four out of five games at Brookvale .. I can't see them 'crashing down the ladder' .. sorry.
Eagles_Rule .... go on the dole mate ...
Wrong
Looks who's got egg on there face now:D :D :D
The only place Manly are heading are down, down, down, the ladder

What is wrong with manly, i must ask.

they have been doing real well all year now they are starting to do a cowboys trick and starting to loose

Back
Top Bottom