AFL Grand Final

• Thread starter brisbanebowlingsupplies
  • Start date
Well, WITH THE HEAVENS OPENIN UP AT the Telstra Stadium last night. not only lighting and the thunder what looked like less then 100 metres away But it was Raining Goals. The eagles looked very good after the frist 30 mintues untill the heavens open. the swans keeped the eagles scoreless in da 2nd half. Lucky for the player umpires half time was just 1 minute away. cause the weather was getting worse. after extending the main break by a minute or 2. the weather had clam down. and again a very close 3rd term. but once again the swans had shown what they cant do with a wet and heavy ball. the eagle just kicking 2 points in da last term.

Well good bye eagles. oh and Adrian sorry mate. :)

The Power where strong from the start openin with a 3 goal lead. the 2nd term was just heart break 4 the cats with the power kicking 6 goals to 1. the power boys (sorry to say :roll: ) were just to strong the the young cats. With a 55 point win.

Next week St Kilda vs Sydney Swans on the Friday night with the Venue and time not yet confirmed and Geelong To play The MIGHTY BOMBERS on Saturday.

The Lion and The Power are thought to the Preliminary Final

Ash

Well after the weekend's results at the footy the winner of the Grand Final will be..........................

BRISBANE LIONS !!!!!

They really showed the other teams how to play tough hard football, they have the experience, and the best team.

Port may have won but they only played the pussy cats!!!!,

It will be interesting to see if it is a Port vs Lions final,

Go the mighty Lions!!!!

Lil Sumthin said:
p.s i hate Shaun Akamanus or how ever you spell his name he is a toss pot

You wouldnt hate him (Jason Akermanis) if he was on your team winning your team 4 premierships .. yep I meant to say that :)

After watching the Brisbane-St Kilda clash and the 2 other whitewashes that followed, the AFL should put a stipulation into the finals series where if you lose by more than 10 goals in the first round, then you should be immediately eliminated - double chance or no double chance! - you don't deserve the double chance if you get beaten by that many :D

I'm going for Brisbane as PORT well what can i say...... to harsh for here :wink: , I mean they get an extra 24 hours to prepare for a grandfinal should they make it :shock: but since it is september I severley doubt they will win the grandfinal :p

They have finished top yet again for the 3rd time and have yet to win a premiership........... and I doubt they will this year coz the lions are just to bloody good!!!

And being a carlton supporter , and since my team did not make the finals ( finished a damn siite better than some people had us!) a respectable 11th :D , I am tipping Brisbane to become the best ever side since the pies back in the 1920's when they won 4!

Just for you Kelly GO BRISBANE :D :wink:

Tash said:
And being a carlton supporter , and since my team did not make the finals ( finished a damn siite better than some people had us!) a respectable 11th :D

Is there such a thing as a respectable 11th ?

Finishing 11th, under 50% for the year AND an 81% point differential doesnt seem respectable to me. Can I ask you to take your one (Blue) eye out for a minute so you can see reality :D

graham said:
Finishing 11th, under 50% for the year AND an 81% point differential doesnt seem respectable to me. Can I ask you to take your one (Blue) eye out for a minute so you can see reality :D

Considering the problems Carlton have had lately i think they and their supporters should be happy with their overall finish. They have a young, inexperienced team and that was shown throughout the year (once a team got on top of them it tended to be at massive loss - explaining such a low percentage). However over the last month of the season they proved that maturity was rising and that there are promising signs for the next few years.

Carlton look like a team on the way up... Same can't be said for my mob (North Melbourne for those who don't know)..

Cheers,
Craig

graham said:
Tash said:
And being a carlton supporter , and since my team did not make the finals ( finished a damn siite better than some people had us!) a respectable 11th :D

Is there such a thing as a respectable 11th ?

Hey graham , naaaaaaaaaaaa i'll always have my one blue eye LOL I know our percentage was well disgusting, but as craig stated, it was a damn site better than our previous 2 years. And with the move from optus to Telstra and the G should bring some income to the club, compared to staying at optus witch would see us stay the same financially or far worse.

But look out in 2005, the blues will be back!!!! :D \:D/

u tellem tash a lot of people said we would finish last the one thing i look forward to next year is watching kouta play because he is getting back to something like hes best

now that the swans are out there are only 4 teams to chose from so i think ill go for brisbane to win!!
8) marsh 8)

Back
Top Bottom