2007 AFL Grand Final - PORT v GEELONG

Deadman Inc

1990 − 2011. Retired 2012 − 2013. Back Again 2014
As much as I'd like to see Port power win, I think Geelong will win easily. Geelong have been by far the most dominate team all year but I guess the only thing that matters is who is best on grand final day

No doubt about it Port will be 2007 AFL Premiers. We managed to forge out a victory against them earlier on in the season when they were on their 'winning streak' and Geelong toughed it out in a physical preliminary final where as Port were relatively untested and will be fresh and pumped for the final. Port have been underrated all year as a team with a good mix of experience and youth but our 'senior' players have Grand Final experience and have led from the front all year with great support from the younger players. Mark Williams knows how to ready the players for the big day and I think nerves will see Geelong start poorly and be playing catch-up all game.

Ottens had it easy against Collingwood friday night yet Geelong still struggled to get over the line. Lade and Brogan wont be quite so forgiving in the ruck contests so watch out cats here come the Power. Shaun Burgoyne for best on ground. Motlop to kick 6.

Of course I may have been a bit biased being a Power fan but meh I love it. Bring it on!!

Cheers,
Bobba

I hope Geelong win ..they have been close in the Gary Ablett years and it would be good if they could get over the line.

I don't know Bobba Port did thrash the Kangaroos pretty easily which gives them huge confidence and momentum heading in to the grand final. But if the grand final comes down to a close finish I think Geelong will have the advantage as they know how to win the close one after edging out Collingwood.

It reckon it's going to be a ripper game!!

Close games are you kidding? Port V Geelong Brett Ebert kicks winner - away victory. Week after Port V Hawthorn Dominic Cassisi kicks winner - away victory. Qualifying final Port v West Coast port mount a comeback to win in a clinch by less than a kick again. Port know how to grind out a victory in a close game don't worry about that!! Should be a great game can't wait!!

Cheers,
Bobba

I sure hope Port Adelaide win the Grand Final, the last thing we wont is for Victoria to get a bigger head.

After seeing both teams play live... Geelong by a long way.

Geelong supporters may be feral, but they are not as bad as Ports.
Port Adelaide fans make Collingwood supporters appear extremely friendly...

The most ungracious winners you could find... Bad enough they beat us 87 points but to want to knock our heads in and abuse us for hours after the game??? Totally unacceptable.

It doesn't happen that bad in Melbourne.

The best part about Adelaide was crossing the border back to the HOME of football - VICTORIA.

Port fans can gloat as much as they want about their victory, we don't care, they still have to live in Adelaide....

No doubt about it Port will be 2007 AFL Premiers. We managed to forge out a victory against them earlier on in the season when they were on their 'winning streak' and Geelong toughed it out in a physical preliminary final where as Port were relatively untested and will be fresh and pumped for the final. Port have been underrated all year as a team with a good mix of experience and youth but our 'senior' players have Grand Final experience and have led from the front all year with great support from the younger players. Mark Williams knows how to ready the players for the big day and I think nerves will see Geelong start poorly and be playing catch-up all game.

Mate....

Geelong minus Ling, Selwood and Bartel - and you still had to rely on the dopiest player in AFL history (Playfair), to gift your boys the win.

Lets not forget you struggled to beat WCE, despite no Judd, Kerr and losing Cousins.

Geelong have all those players back, Port won't get the flukish goals 2 weeks in a row - You luck will run out NOW.

I dare you to come to Melbourne with your other feral mates - might want to get some denches first!

Funny how you can't sell out AAMI for a final.... Biggest bandwagoners in the league perhaps? Only attend games when your assured a victory? 23,000 against West Coke earlier this season, but 40k against Carlton?

Just admit - YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ADELAIDES POOR COUSIN!!!

why don't you cry some more - or is losing 190+ from 2 matches not enough -now you will have to support another team - at least we are in the finals - it sounds like you are the sore losers.

Mate....
I dare you to come to Melbourne with your other feral mates - might want to get some denches first!
Funny how you can't sell out AAMI for a final.... Biggest bandwagoners in the league perhaps? Only attend games when your assured a victory? 23,000 against West Coke earlier this season, but 40k against Carlton?
Just admit - YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ADELAIDES POOR COUSIN!!!
And apparently we're the "feral" supporters....jeez!!
The best part about Adelaide was crossing the border back to the HOME of football - VICTORIA.
What a great home it is too haven't seen an AFL Premiership since 2000. Marvellous effort that!!
Port fans can gloat as much as they want about their victory, we don't care, they still have to live in Adelaide....
Yeah your right its going to be real tough living in a Premiership winning state.......
Cheers,
Bobba

Peterb,

the original magpies in the afl would have to be the collingwood football club and not port adelaide wouldnt it? what you did in your own little state comp doesnt really matter but dont knock the original afl magpies.

chrissy, i gotta agree with ya mate. the best part about adelaide is the trip out of there. isnt adelaide living proof that tasmanians learnt to swim???

I wouldnt go bragging about port thrashing the roos. didnt geelong slam them by more the week before???

go geelong, do us proud and turn off the power...

You are missing the point , which doesnt suprise me . Fair enough Port wins the game but supporters totally waisted looking for fights with Victorians is bulls**t. We went to the game to watch a legend play his last game not cope crap from a bunch of knuckle draggers.
Just remember Melbourne is the home of football , so when you come to our home wipe your feet.....
If Port supporters want to act like tools go back to your silly regional comp.
Bobba get your facts right Ebert kicked the winner against Hawthorn not Geelong, go back and watch the game on your betta video recorder.

How true Age silly buggers call there team power because they only just got it turned on.

What animal does West End beer come out of ?

at least something is turned on. there seems to be nothing turned on upstairs with some of the comments I have heard not only on this forum but others I know who support port.

when you talk about the retirements side of it who could forget the respect that 2 victorian teams showed each other after the roos and hawks match. that is what football is all about and not what was shown from the knuckle draggers from over the border. total respect should have been shown to and for archer but then are we asking too much.

still gotta agree with you chrissy. btw say g'day to lisa and jo and scott etc for me.

Back
Top Bottom