Worst League Conditions

Jacko

I thought it was time that we found out how BAD some centres lane conditions are. :? :?

The reason for this is after bowling in a centre for over 12 months and holding a 200 ave, to come back the next season and really struggle to hold 185. tells me something is wrong!!!! ](*,) ](*,)

Mind you I will admitt that it is on a sunday night, but when we PAY THE SAME LINAGE as all the other leagues I think we are entiteled to the same condiotions, but that is another story! :black:

worst lanes

I know what u mean the same for us.Thursday night our league that avg 180 has fallen 171& below.On a personal level gone from 200 to191.now bowling tues night at a centre .eight wks later 214 big difference. having said this I must admit if u bowl under harsh conditions when u go to good lanes u score well... hard lanes- concentration lifts,----good lanes confidence is gained.

Hi guys
Just wondering, will you be bowling at these low scoring centres next year if the scoring doesn't improve?

worst lanes conditions

yes! the thursday league is highly competitive .I enjoy that side of it.we just keep hounding bowl manager.we only want a fair condition for whole league.we have vic & aust reps in this league . when they struggle week to week its a fair chance something is wrong.

come on thursday isn't that hard :D its just people all of a sudden have to move out of their comfort zone,i must admit though it is playing a bit like a reverse block at the moment except each week the out of bounds is getting bigger.which in fact goes with the whole years change i dont beleive we have had a consistant condition all year but then again thats dandy for you! 8)

This is only sort of related to the whole bad lane conditions thing but i was wondering how bowlers felt about the difference in conditions between AMF and non AMF or independant centres? Do people who bowl in both think there is much of a difference?

I bowl 3 leagues a week, 2 of which are in AMF centres, and there is definitely a difference in conditions between the AMF and non AMF centres.

For the AMF centres the conditions can best be described as medium-dry and patchy. You can't predict what the lanes will be like from week to week and a shot the works one week won't necessarily be there any time over the next few weeks.

The independant centre i bowl at puts down plenty of oil and you end up with a medium to heavy condition that 9 out of 10 times holds up throughout our league. You can go along from one week to the next and you know what the conditions are going to be like because they are consistent.

The AMF conditions are more challenging but i'm not always looking for a challenging conditions from my leagues, thats what i bowl in tournaments and have coaching on different patterns for.

Well i've said my peace.
Brendan

i agree there is a difference between the two definately in victoria as i cant speak for lane conditions in interstate leagues.this was the main reason i only fill in for my brother about once a month and only bowl league in an amf centre,because they are tougher and you cant expect to see the same thing every week not that amf do this on purpose they couldn't lay down the same condition that would hold over three games if they tried,but i enjoy this it is a challenge to keep an average over 200 where as i would have trouble keeping my average under 220 in the other place i bowl.guess what condition makes you a better player?
with the technology that the centre you bowl in has i think it should seriously consider laying down a 3:1 pattern for the scratch league you bowl in. :wink:

The last mess i put on had 2 leagues guess which one is AMF & which is IND .the more u hear about it the more IND centres seem tolay a better condition,or do they ! had plenty of complaints about narre and mentone on sundaynights. it shuould not be like that as previous a previous message stated.

That's interesting, AMF has a policy to make lanes tougher? Gee I have worked for over 25 years with AMF (on and off), I must have missed that fax.
But seriously, I have informed people before, that if the center has AMF machines, it is usually oiled a little lighter, because of the trouble calls that will happen.
As far as any policy, most of the staff from Head Office would not even know that oil is put on the lane.
I do know there are a lot of tech's out there trying very hard to set a good condition, some bowl and know what they are doing, some don't bowl and know what they are doing, then there are the one's who don't bowl and don't care.
Now this brings us to the oiling machines, throughout AMF the majority of machines are Silver Bullet Magnums and HVO Summit's, These machines are very fickle, you really have to keep your eye on them as they can put out a poor condition by not cleaning the back-ends properly, and everything has to be working properly to clean the back-ends. The latest Summit's have major changes to the cleaning section of the machines because of the fickleness of the previous models. All this can cause an inconsistant lane condition, maybe this is what a lot of people are experiencing in AMF centres.
willey.

chucker said:
and only bowl league in an amf centre,because they are tougher and you cant expect to see the same thing every week not that amf do this on purpose they couldn't lay down the same condition that would hold over three games if they tried,but i enjoy this it is a challenge to keep an average over 200 where as i would have trouble keeping my average under 220 in the other place i bowl.guess what condition makes you a better player?

Come on Mac, you are turning softer than cream cheese.

I hear a rumour that Mr Trotter lost it one Thursday night not so recently. Better hope he isnt pulling his hair out over the conditions at Dandenong, he doesn't have many to play with.

Completely agree with you Mac and i would love to see our scratch league using a 3:1 and/or experimenting with different patterns from season to season or even week to week. Perhaps that is something i might suggest at the end of our current season and we can see what kind of response it generates from the other bowlers.

The redeeming feature of AMF conditions in general (from my experience) is that as you said is that they do make you a better bowler. I'd like to think i'm becoming a better (or at least more experienced) player by continuing to bowl in my AMF leagues, something i'm not about to stop doing, but it would be nice to see more care taken when preparing league patterns in certain AMF centres in the future.

Well Well Well Mr Jenkins, yes Trotts may have lost it a little one particular Thursday night ( most people do on 23/24) . But at least he can crack it for 570+ when this happens unlike some of you who venture down to our league and can't even scrape a 500 series in!!

Grant is at least trying to get it right but until AMF spring for a new machine and new approaches I doubt much will improve. If the league did not offer the competition and $5000.00 for first I doubt many of us would continue to return each year.

But Mac is right tough conditions can make you a better bowler, the only problem is if you don't go to another centre occasionally your confidence can take a real nose dive.

i admit i had a sook on wednesday nite at moorabin, but i tell wot unless u have a low roll on ur ball you r stuffed down there, bowling is supposed to be fun, but also a challenge, but down there high axis rollers struggle and have nowwhere to play, lanes conditions should be put down for the good of the sport not for high scores, i wish all AMF centres would take note of this as the sport will go nowhere if this doed not happen

I must agree with Renta , Chucker and Coconut as last year i finished the season with a 199 ave i have had 5 months off due to a hip replacment, currently being a roving sub and averaging 177, yes the lanes are tuff but i know when i am fully fit that bowling on a harder condition and bowling with and against the calibre bowlers on Thursday nights will make me a better bowler down the track . Why only bowl on lollypop conditions, then when you strike a house with a tuff condition you have no hope in hell of competing unless you are one of the country's top bowlers and even then some of them struggle.

Back
Top Bottom