standard league rates

krammer

I'am sharing a concern felt throughout some league bowling patrons. Why do league rates vary from league to league!! Not so much between night and day leagues or even centre to centre, but day leagues against day leagues, nite leagues against nite leagues, bowled in the same centre. While I recognise it's not an industry standard, but some centres and owners have a pricing policy, that not only makes us ponder the questions but make us ask for answers, why is there a difference between a game in one league and a game in another at the same time in the same centre. What I feel is that we need an industry standard or some kind of pricing policy that contains a formula that we can say at least commits us and proprieters to a standard pricing for league bowlers, not one that deals on a league by league basis but offers a fairer deal to the bowling community as a whole, and not just isolated pockets of our sport. :?:

Hmmmm im not sure, someone will correct me if im wrong but arent the variences from league to league cuased by the amount that goes into the prize fund??????
Lane fees should be universal

i would just like to say, i wish tournament lineage would come down, to support tournament bowling which is struggling for sponsorship dollars even though we probably have the best array of talent this country has ever seen.

fuel and accomodation prices are too expensive now to lure as many people to competing on a state or national tournament scene.

i believe that a social game should cost twice as much as a league game, with league bowling, you are asking for a 40-52 week commitment, where as a social bowler may use the facility once a year.

so say a social game was $8, a league game was $4 and a one off tournament game was $2 (not for every tournament) just for your prestige centre event.

just something different to think about. :wink:

I think your right SinisterX8, Im sure each centre will have different rates for, day leagues, night league, junior leagues etc...... It is the amount the league adds to this game rate that determines what your weekly fees are.

I know this is correct for Fairlanes and Im sure Cannington was the same when I was there......... Think Cannington also had slightly different games rates for leagues that contracted to the centre a certain amount of games each week.... and received a rebate at the end of the season.....
( I did say think, its been a while since Ive been there ) 8)

Standard Game cost for league bowlers

The issue I was highlighting wasn't about the total cost of bowling in a leauge but just the game cost. I currently bowl at a centre where the game rates vary between five cents and 50 cents a game between leagues. While that doesn't sound very much, after 44-48 weeks and approxamatly between 7000-10000 games that a league purchase this is sometimes as much a $5000 difference... It just dosn't feel like we give our sport the best opportunity to grow and prosper when we have no parity between one league and another, not to mention the difference between one centre and another on the issue of a basic game charge for league bowling in a centre.

how much should we pay for leagues and tournaments, what is a good game rate?
i bowl 2 leagues at different centres one league is $5.35 per game, at the other centre it is $4.25 a game + league fees. big difference over a year.
maybe the centres would like to comment.

That was the point that Krammer was trying to get across :!: :idea:

Back
Top Bottom