National bowling week

P

PD186

If the yanks can do it why can’t we get off our butts and do something to promote OUR SPORT

http://www.bowl.com/nationalBowlingWeek.aspx

I am not bowling due to injury but when I get back to bowling I will be helping with a junior league as the coach who dose a great job could do more with a little help.

Who knows the kids have to get there some how so maybe we can get some of the parents to bowl too. There are a couple of people joined already.

How about a national fun day, or a least state wide, maybe just a city. The centres may have a discount price for the day for new bowlers only all they will need is some help from their league bowlers to give them some tips maybe an hour or 2 from everyone not a lot to ask is it? If the local media can get involved there should be some free advertisement. The centres may not make much on the lanes but there is always food and return business if they can snag a couple of new bowlers.

There you go that should help us get the awareness that we deserve.:cool:

Its happened in the past, something similar was going back in the late 80's. Think there was '10 days of tenpin' in the mid late 90's too. Of course there was stuff like Australian tourneys on free to air tv back then too. Its of course that much harder than even 10yrs ago to get some press or tv time for minor sports, any ideas anyone??

I have a paper pin here promoting the National Tenpin Bowling Week, which ran from September 5-11th 1988.
It has the AMF "Get your body into bowling" and a "Bowling Is Fun For Everyone" slogan on the front with the shot of D|ck Weber bowling around the top of the pin and has a cut-out coupon on the back.

SAVE WITH THIS COUPON!
Bowl 3 games for $6.30
* Includes shoe hire.
* Social bowling only.
* Valid for adults and children anytime until November 30th 1988.
* Phone booking adviseable.

I remember it well, the ladies at the counter used to give me 7 games for $11 on a Wednesday night back in those days, and that's what triggered my interest the most in continuing with bowling.
The place was packed out, day and night, the sweep bars at Moonah all had these black and white painted Bowling's Great In '88 signs on them, they had displays - the works.

Of course, that was back in the days when everybody could afford the enjoyment of going bowling, not just the select few pre-mix sipping bell-ends with heaps of disposeable income that the game's being pitched to today.

And of course we'll keep to ourself what we'd sometimes LIKE to have done to them, remember your OLD signiture???

Hi .. I remember the good day's..
Why don't AMF get on the band wagon of giving up smokes..
Give up smokes. Take up bowling... Iam;)

So far it is cheaper and healthier

Garry Upton? Your name rings a bell somewhere.....hmmmmmm

Just checked your profile it says you used to bowl at Moonah, did you live in North Hobart at one stage by any chance?

Glenorchy and west hobart and other suburds south tassie.. where are u??

Back
Top Bottom