Tournaments. What do bowlers really want? Can TBA do more?

Congratulations for that Chin. Several of us looked and couldn't find dates. Even TBA had to ring me back to even tell me the dates. Anyway this topic isn't just about our tournament but tournaments in general. Personally myself I'd love to see a 5 person teams tournament. Not sure how it could be done but I'm working on it.

Already got 1. It's called Rachuig. Late October every year.

Took 90 secs to find roll-off dates

P.S. now don't go and put Sunraysia on the last weekend in October next year.
Given ya enough warning. :p:p:p

Oh yeah sorry for having a crack at running a tournament mate. Not everyone bowls or can afford rachuig either mate. Anyway instead of making this thread a individual stoush sensible ideas if possible.

Rachuig trials have been last weekend in May I believe for the last few years? I thought Sunraysia was safe for that weekend.
Rachuig trials have been the start of May for the past few years. Only reason i know is because I haven't been able to roll off due to having an event on at work and its also that first weekend in May

Is Sunraysia TBA accredited. I remember when bowling in UNACCREDITED tournaments could jeopardize representing State & Australia. Don't know whether that is still the case.

Congratulations for that Chin. Several of us looked and couldn't find dates. Even TBA had to ring me back to even tell me the dates. Anyway this topic isn't just about our tournament but tournaments in general. Personally myself I'd love to see a 5 person teams tournament. Not sure how it could be done but I'm working on it.

There is one..............................its called Rachuig.......................;)

Unfortunately Deano some people can not see anything wrong with the TBA and their ways. It would not be that hard for the Rachuig trials to be moved to give your tourney every chance for success. But unfortunately your tournament is not sanctioned thus the TBA are not interested in helping you as you have found out. People like yourself and Rob at Mildura bowl should be commended for going out there and putting on the tournament. I will be there with bells on, keep up the good work mate and next year i wouldn't even bother to approach the TBA.

Unfortunately Deano some people can not see anything wrong with the TBA and their ways. It would not be that hard for the Rachuig trials to be moved to give your tourney every chance for success. But unfortunately your tournament is not sanctioned thus the TBA are not interested in helping you as you have found out. People like yourself and Rob at Mildura bowl should be commended for going out there and putting on the tournament. I will be there with bells on, keep up the good work mate and next year i wouldn't even bother to approach the TBA.

Rachuig trials have been have in May for quite a few years now. Anyone thinking of moving a tournament from January - May should do there homework especially if the tournament is not sanctioned.
2nd biggest paying tournament in Australia and don't want to pay, what a $200 accreditation fee.
What can ya say. :confused::rolleyes::(:eek:o_O

What would you like TBA to do. They have posted the roll-off dates on the 2013 Ranked Events page.
Wasn't hard to find. Took me all of 90 seconds.

It's not a big TBA conspiracy. People get on here, TBA wont work with us yet there the ones that have decided to run a tournament without TBA accreditation & expect TBA to bend over backwards and get 8 states to reshuffle there dates to accomodate 1 tournament. Who are the ones not working with who.

TBA should be applauded for not backing down. All the TBA bashing just shows how small minded some people are.

Chin I think Ill let Deano reply to your post as he is the one that dealt with the TBA re accreditation.

Jeez John give it a chance. Threads only been going 8 hours.

Give a bit more time and the usual antagonists will rear there ugly heads and turn this thread into a total sh!tfest as well. :p:p:p

Told ya

Chin I think Ill let Deano reply to your post as he is the one that dealt with the TBA re accreditation.

That's fine. Don't know if the tournaments sanctioned or not. I have asked Deano twice already and got no answer. You said it wasn't sanctioned.

all that I will say is that the event is not ranked but it was not from a lack of trying from what i have heard. Hopefully Deano will answer your question

I think you'll find that TBA won't sanction 2 events in the same events in the same state on the same day if one of them is a "state" event such as the rachuig trials. I could be wrong but..........

I don't bowl as many tourneys as I'd like but I think a 1:3 payout or better would be a good starting point. (This is for tourneys in general) On a side note, I think you guys at Mildura run great tournaments. I bowled Sunraysia cup last year, was there for junior country cup (not the same level of tourney but one none the less) and then you also have the Mildura marathon... Although I haven't been to the latter from what I understand it's a great tourney in it's own right. I think that in terms of giving bowlers what they want from a tournament, you guys tick most the boxes... The only one this year is the date...
Although it was quite warm last year I still think that you guys would have had just as much success running the tourney around the same time.

Mr Chinner,
Matt is correct when he states that TBA have refused to accredit the tournament which I find strange considering 10 - 15 people will trial for Rachuig.
Also, the information you have found may not have been at the bottom of that page for as long as you think. Victenpins only in the last 2 weeks or so announced their trial dates which they moved to later in the month compared to previous years.
Some times I think a brick wall would be easier.

Whilst I am at it, please stick to topic instead of hijacking yet another.

Rob

Already been answered Chin by others. They won't due to 2 events being on the same weekend in the same state. If you think it was over $200 stop playing with yourself mate. I'm not a TBA basher just thought more could of been done. If you don't like what we have done or us or the tournament so be it. This thread isn't about our tournament, it's about tournaments in general.

Well Rob,

I know Matt is right.

And as for hi-jacking. "What bowlers really want" was the title of the thread. One point is not to have 2 majors events to clash. That brings your tournament right into the equation. If TBA hadn't already allocated that weekend for there roll-offs when Sunraysia accreditation went it wouldn't have been rejected. As they rejected the application they had obviously announced the dates.
No point getting on various threads bagging TBA when the easiest thing to do was find an alternative weekend. If you decided to go ahead with the tournament knowing Rachuig trials had been allocated those dates and you only get 45 entry's it wont be TBA's fault..

And Deano,

I asked on 2 seperate occasions on this thread if Sunraysia was sanctioned/accredited. You seem to be able to answer 1 question from a post that had the sanction question in it. Could have quiet easily answered the question then.

People need to take responsibility for there own problems/failures and not blame or expect everyone else to fix them.

Well Rob,

If TBA hadn't already allocated that weekend for there roll-offs when Sunraysia accreditation went it wouldn't have been rejected. As they rejected the application they had obviously announced the dates. The dates for the Victorian trials had not been published or announced until a couple of weeks ago.
No point getting on various threads bagging TBA when the easiest thing to do was find an alternative weekend. We cannot change the date as the Mildura Rural City Council is the major sponsor and the stipulation was this weekend to fit in with their calendar. If you decided to go ahead with the tournament knowing Rachuig trials had been allocated those dates and you only get 45 entry's it wont be TBA's fault..So we have to go ahead with it on this date or forfeit the sponsrship. The Victepins 2013 calendar has been up on their site for less than 2 weeks. Maybe if it was ready for the start of the year this could have been avoided.

Rob

I can see both sides of this one.

On one hand Deano, the Rachuig trial dates have remained the same month and roughly date for the past few years and that information is relatively easy to find on the TBA website.

On the other hand I believe a tournament that was run as well as I hear your's was last year should recieve more support from the TBA. Possibly an alternative weekend that leaves competitors time to prepare between other events could have been mentioned by the TBA so they could then throw their support behind it. The tournament pays well and should be accredited or even ranked.

Fair Enough Rob, 1st ive heard about the council issue. If i'd known that earlier may have got off my high horse bit earlier. rant over

Back
Top Bottom