Promotion of Tenpin

B

Brad

hello

i have decided to start this topic to get some answers and maybe some help on getting bowling some recognition. from my point of view, i believe that some of the reason why TPB isnt getting the big sponsors is because of lack of promotion. i do understand that in the lunch break of international cricket matches here in australia, there were matches from the SPC. that is a start, but i think it needs to go on. Now that Cara has appeared on TV a lot more recently, i have heard on the grapevine that people are becoming a lot more interested in the sport. i was not in melb and maybe someone can verify, but was Asian Schools advertised in the media?

to get this sport going, i thought that it being in the Com Games was a great start, until i found out that it was only for one year. I believe that getting the Comm committee or whatever it is to see that there is a massive participation rate not only in australia (of course asia and Middle East just to name a couple of big ones) but all around the commonwealth. Maybe soon, the IOC can recognise it.

if anyone has answers to my questions, or can elaborate on my comments, or even give suggestions to help promote TPB, i am more than happy to hear them.

happy bowling
Braddles

Hi Brad,

As a member of the Executive Committee formed to run the Asian Schools event in Melbourne, I can tell you that we employed EuroCAM to record one hour of highlights of this event.

This show will go to approximately 80 million homes throughout Asia and Australia via ESPN/Star and Fox Sport.

Some dates for this have been set in some of the Asian countries, however, all we know is that it will be aired sometime in June in Australia.

Stay tuned for more details.

Now the reason why you don't see more of this on TV within Australia - money, money and more money.

A single hour of highlights package has cost the tournament committee $30,000. Unless you have a very generous sponsor this sort of dosh is not readily available.

We only got to host this International tournament if we could guarantee this sort of coverage.

Hey there

Thanks for that Pedro

it is a pity that everything has to do with money, and i do know it is a fact of life. But how do we get the big sponsors?? Do you think that if they see the Asian Schools Comp and see the talent that our Juniors have, and also maybe show them our Adult talent, then maybe will they notice that our sport isnt just a 'hobbie' that a lot of people say it is??

just my thoughts.
I hope that other people see Bowling as a very competitive sport, and stop saying that it takes no effort.

byes now
Braddles

Back
Top Bottom