Creating a league?

More than anything these ideas have been for me. I had a basic league structure set up for one centre, but things fell through.

So now I am just gathering ideas and opinions. I'm not naming centres, beacause as I said, who it was intended for decided not to use it.

I figured it would be easier on this forum to gather ideas if everyone was under the assumption about a new centre.

Which it appears easier to do. :) I've loved all the response I've gotten so far, and hope to get more. Maybe other people/centres may see this thread and implement some new things in to their leagues.

I also really appreciated the comments from Luke. :) It shows another side of things, irrespective of centre, as to what troubles I may have come across. It really helps to cover all aspects, good and bad.

I would really like this thread to continue despite the possibility of a league now not actually going ahead, as I previously said, to give other people ideas, or perhaps me ideas for another time.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Dan

Daniel.

What i would suggest as you are obviously trying to set up a flagship league at the new Centre at Robina, is a singles league, 20 bowlers onver 2 rounds (38 weeks) 4 games and a decent prize fund to atttract. I wouldnt worry so much about the timing in relation to the yearly period as you are a new facility.

The critical things that need to occur for a new centre, and have spoken to many who bowl at a nearby centre who are more than likely going to relocate, is that you have a fair condition (not too easy and not a desert or a flood), and that you listen to your bowlers from the get go to gather opinion and create something everyone is going to enjoy and cater to all.

Regardless of formats, if this is going to be the piece de resistance, then singles is the go, 4 games, 5 is too many in my opinion and 3 not enough, appealing prize fund and a game rate that suits. Cost of around $30 would be probably the limit for most as they would probably bowl there more than once a week if all the above criteria is met.

Good luck and am sure will see you there.

Back
Top Bottom