Difference between ?

The fact it the price per game is tooooo high, full stop
That is why loyal people like you and me can only bowl 1 league per week

Agreed Geoff. I bowl 2 times a week and try and bowl a tournament every 2 months. It takes me 2 1/2 hrs in travel time round trip on one night and 1.5 hrs the other, so there is no question of loyalty. I would bowl more if i could afford it i love to bowl.

Well Jackal i suppose with point # 1 above you should speak to the manager about it if it has happened on "several" occasions. I dont doubt that it has happened as ive had similar experiences but unless the centre manager knows about it or reads the forum and knows who you are then its probably up to you to try and get it fixed.

Not sure if anyone has said this because I didn't read all the posts - I would believe the extra charge on league compared to practice would be covering the um... the actual league, if you understand what i mean? You can practice, but your games don't get saved, & your points don't get stored on record, etc...

Our practice rates are $10.00 for 3 games. Social players will pay $10.50 for 1 game or $15.00 for 2, & any game afte that will cost them $4.00, (so 4 games would cost $19.00)

Our practice rates are $10.00 for 3 games. Social players will pay $10.50 for 1 game or $15.00 for 2, & any game afte that will cost them $4.00, (so 4 games would cost $19.00)

Troyza I'm comin to bowl in your centre. LOL

By someone committing to a league they commit to bowling at least once a week in most situations. The centre knows that money will be there week after week and it is a reliable income stream.

Sure social bowlers pay more for their games and are more profitable for the centres per game but in the long run a league bowler spends a lot more money at a centre than a social bowler ever will.

Discounted practise games are not used by every bowler and they are only an added thing for some people.

Why wouldn't a group of people just make a booking each week, get the cheaper rates and do their own secretarial work? They are being charged extra just for calling themselves a league? I still say it is a joke.

Can someone name another situation where a member of a sporting body pays more for their sport than a social person does?

I bowl at an AMF centre and the league pays $17.90 for 3 games but when i walk in off the street at anytime i can pay $16.50 for 3 games or better still $18 for 4 games at the same centre. I'm just perplex as to why this is?....

He doesn't?? I must be reading that wrong then.

By someone committing to a league they commit to bowling at least once a week in most situations. The centre knows that money will be there week after week and it is a reliable income stream.

Sure social bowlers pay more for their games and are more profitable for the centres per game but in the long run a league bowler spends a lot more money at a centre than a social bowler ever will.

Discounted practise games are not used by every bowler and they are only an added thing for some people.

Why wouldn't a group of people just make a booking each week, get the cheaper rates and do their own secretarial work? They are being charged extra just for calling themselves a league? I still say it is a joke.

Can someone name another situation where a member of a sporting body pays more for their sport than a social person does?

This is exactly what im talking about. :) its cheaper for me to bowl socially, which maybe once a month, than to come in at the same time week in week out. As a business, and i have had a fair bit to do with a few, it is always better to have regular customers than walk ins. With regular customers a business can forecast, plan and budget.

maybe they are charging for doin the paperwork involved in a league, eg staff time etc. could be wrong - just a thought

teh jackal..

you've receive numerous replies with some very good reason why league bowlers pay more per line than social bowlers, yet you don't seem to want to accept those facts..therefore..
maybe..in your case, you should just take your hard earned money and walk away from the sport., becuse I don't see where you're getting any enjoyment out it it.

Just out of curiosity....

Can any one out there name a centre that charges less for its league rate then it does for league practice.....???

I note a few have mentioned 3 games for $10, but what do they pay for league??

The costs associated with league play, for as long as I have been around as both a bowler and as a centre manager (yes it is an AMF centre) have been higher than league practice...

I remember getting 50c games at Olympic bowl in Canberra back in the late
80's and I’m sure there are others out there that can beat even this price...

I watch in silence as many of you harp on about AMF this and AMF that.... and AMF are to blame for global warming and the worlds economical problems...

I’m sure some of you must sit up at night (like the original poster) and think, what else in my life can I blame on AMF....

Bert

This is exactly what im talking about. :) its cheaper for me to bowl socially, which maybe once a month, than to come in at the same time week in week out. As a business, and i have had a fair bit to do with a few, it is always better to have regular customers than walk ins. With regular customers a business can forecast, plan and budget.

No it is not cheaper for you to bowl socially, if you didn't bowl league you wouldn't get league practice rates. It's as simple as that. It's been said already but clearly it isn't getting through to you.

No it is not cheaper for you to bowl socially, if you didn't bowl league you wouldn't get league practice rates. It's as simple as that. It's been said already but clearly it isn't getting through to you.

This sounds good in theory but how do you explain how i just bowled 3 games with mates that are not league bowlers and they paid the league bowler rate. No consistency... that happens when you have ppl who are just their for a weekly paycheck and couldn't give a stuff about the sport or its participants. Now, i'm not saying this is the case for all AMF centres but more often that not. A very different scenario occurred when i bowled at Murry Bridge bowl. First night of a new league the owner greats us as new bowlers to his centre and gives as a warm welcome to the rest of the league and a couple of free games after wards as a thank you for coming down:):)(thanks Steve). Now THAT is customer service... and THAT will get my return business and support. I'm not blaming AMF for anything other than having a bottom line is more important than anything else attitude. This might work in the short term or until another big company who knows nothing about bowling buys them out LOL::):).

This sounds good in theory but how do you explain how i just bowled 3 games with mates that are not league bowlers and they paid the league bowler rate. No consistency... that happens when you have ppl who are just their for a weekly paycheck and couldn't give a stuff about the sport or its participants. Now, i'm not saying this is the case for all AMF centres but more often that not. A very different scenario occurred when i bowled at Murry Bridge bowl. First night of a new league the owner greats us as new bowlers to his centre and gives as a warm welcome to the rest of the league and a couple of free games after wards as a thank you for coming down:):)(thanks Steve). Now THAT is customer service... and THAT will get my return business and support. I'm not blaming AMF for anything other than having a bottom line is more important than anything else attitude. This might work in the short term or until another big company who knows nothing about bowling buys them out LOL::):).

Cos up to 4 others can get cheap rates when you present your card or if you are known to bowl in a league in that centre.

Im still totally confused how you dont understand that if you are not linked to a league you can not get a chepaer rate.

Cos up to 4 others can get cheap rates when you present your card or if you are known to bowl in a league in that centre.

Im still totally confused how you dont understand that if you are not linked to a league you can not get a chepaer rate.

Fair point, but not what i was told when i asked about the benefits of the card when i first received it. I guess i should tell my mates to join a league, get a card then quite...lol What a joke

Back
Top Bottom