Worlds Fastest Ball???

As the title suggests, I was wondering how fast anyone has thrown a ball. Is there a world record? How quick can you send one down? Not too concerned with the pinfall, just the speed. :)

Daniel

Though there is a great question of accuracy on those cameras I have seen a couple of people who have sent them down at 40km/h plus and that is their normal bowling speed so if they tried to impart more speed then they would push 50km/h+.

I would also suggest that Osku's spare throwing must be pretty fast.

In Tim Macks words Osku has the bowled the quickest delivery of anyone he's seen anywhere in the world. Tim's been around, I'd back in his judgement.

Osku above 50km/h (usual shot), could probably hit 55 if he tried a bit harder

Thanks guys :) was something I couldn't 't find online. My ave speed is around 25kmh, maybe a fraction quicker with a spare. But through some recent playing around (boys being boys), sent a 14lb down at what we think is about 45kmh. (our cameras clock out at 44.4), so could be quicker. Grabbed a 10lb and it was visibly a LOT quicker. Accuracy was something to be desired, but looked fairly impressive.

Dan

Thanks guys :) was something I couldn't 't find online. My ave speed is around 25kmh, maybe a fraction quicker with a spare. But through some recent playing around (boys being boys), sent a 14lb down at what we think is about 45kmh. (our cameras clock out at 44.4), so could be quicker. Grabbed a 10lb and it was visibly a LOT quicker. Accuracy was something to be desired, but looked fairly impressive.

Dan

That exactly why the bowling centers don't want adults/big kids using the lightweight ball....You probably cracked the 10lb ball if you hit the pins at that speed.

It was an old plastic ball we had out the back, (on its way out anyway) and I got the boss' permission first. I might be young, but I'm not that reckless.

At a particularly unsuccessful Sport Series outing a while back, I threw a 15lb consistently clocking the cameras out at 44.4km/h. There were some shots that easily topped 50 and one in particular that was timed magnificently that *had* to have topped 55. maybe I should give it a go on CATS one day...

It struck with a compressed, shuffling "clop" sound. There wasn't time for the pins to ring. Rather disappointing really...

Didn't really affect my scores, but for the first time all day, I had an idea where it was heading off my hand! :)

Sounds like your boss is though

Rob

Not quite sure whats with the people having a go at me. If Osku consistently throws it that fast, (and a few others seem to be doing it as well) and we did it under supervised conditions (with a ball that no longer mattered), not really sure where the issue is.

I put the question out there for an answer, not to be attacked. Guess theres always going to be those people. Sorry if I've offended anyone by my actions, it was really never meant to come across that way. It was only ever meant to be a bit of fun.

Dont worry about it Daniel there will always people in this world the complain about something. :) - they have nothing else better to do. ;)

Oksu can throw one hell of a fast ball and make it look easy.

Any way there is no rule against it you can throw any weight ball you want up to 16 pounds at any speed you can muster.

Daniel, don't sweat it man, if the boss agreed to do it, then it stands to reason he wanted to know also.

Not quite sure whats with the people having a go at me. If Osku consistently throws it that fast It was only ever meant to be a bit of fun.

Not having a go at you, just think that your boss should be a bit more responsible. It may have been while you were working & you may have hurt yourself, if you did would work cover be there?
Osku has been bowling like that for a long time & is not comparable.
And as we all know sometimes a bit of fun often turns into an accident - bowler damage, machine or equipment damage ect.

Rob

Ps........Also this is from experience, of having to fix up a **** up because of a little bit of fun similar to yours and a bill of just under $800.

I averaged about 28kph in the few occasions i bowled on lanes with the speedometer. My top was about 35. I am sure well short of the highest. Have seen some really fast bowlers in my time that must have been in the 50's at least

Back
Top Bottom