world record for 300 games

luke

Hey guys and girls. I was wondering if anyone nows the world record for teh amount of 300 games bowled? and who the persoen was who bowled them?

Last i read it was Jeff Carter with 75, he also averaged 261 for a leauge season a couple yrs back. Have a peep at www.bowl.com in the records section and you'll find a definate answer there for that and all the other wacky scoring records from the USA(wacky compared to ours anyway)

hey mate i sore on the storm site teh other day that a guy called purvs granger or something like taht has bowled 300 of tehm does anyone now if this is true

Hey i dunt exactly know of how many ppl have bowled but ova seas there are pro's who have like 70 or 80 300's just hangin around u think they would almost get one a week :D
i was gunna say 300 300's gee i would wanna meet him but lucky someone said it was a typo mistake very good indeed

The great Earl Anthony came out to Australia in 1989 with Poly-Chem products,to do a series of seminars.We were told ( not by Earl himself he was very humble )that he had wracked up over 70 300 games,but most were unsanctioned as the PBA tour was not using a sanctioned lane condition.
willey.

Before any of you go jumping to conclusions, I thought I'd better explain a few things written in willey's post.

For many years the PBA Tour tournaments were not sanctioned by the American Bowling Congress, however it's not for the reason you might suspect. The PBA lane men went to some pretty extreme measures in order to ensure that the condition rewarded good shot making and penalized poor shots. Most of these "oil pattern adjustments" wouldn't pass the ABC inspection, as oil was applied in some unusual amounts and places on the lane. I can assure you that the PBA lane conditioning procedures were far more stringent in an attempt to keep the lanes from playing too easy, than those outlined by the ABC rule.

Most of the time, the PBA wouldn't even bother to apply for a sanction number ( unless the proprietor insisted on sanctioning) This all changed in the late 80's when the PBA lanes conditions were given a blanket sanction by the American Bowling Congress.

For the record. I had five PBA 300's..Not all are ABC sanctioned but I think they might just count as legitimate just the same. 8)

If were still on about the pro's I think that Walter Ray Williams ( no relation ) has the record for a tournament of 4 300's.
willey.

MOST 300s IN TOURNAMENT (Individual)
4,Walter Ray Williams Jr., Mechanicsburg, PA, 1993);
Dave D’Entremont, (Peoria, IL, 1995);
John Bauerle Jr., (Erie, PA, 1999).

MOST 300s IN TOURNAMENT (Individual)
4,Walter Ray Williams Jr., Mechanicsburg, PA, 1993);
Dave D’Entremont, (Peoria, IL, 1995);
John Bauerle Jr., (Erie, PA, 1999).

Back
Top Bottom