Who will be our next GREAT BOWLER?

I think Clair Johnston could go a very long way......strikes me as the shy, quiet achiever :)

Broni

i agree with bm2
not to forget that she's a really nice, approachable person. Now that's the type of person we WANT at the top of the game!

My Opinion:
Male:
Stephen Cowland
Michael Craig
Hamish Rogers
Luke Green
Matt Simpson
Female:
Jayde Flanagan
Bianca Flanagan
Tracey Madden
Cassie Staudinger
Kimmy-Rose Haining

matt sing, matt kanafa, hamish rogers, brady pirie, chris harvey and my good mate from home david rosser.

Hamish Rogers & Luke Green for the guys

Michelle Oberman & Kimmy Rose for the girls

There are alot of GREAT junior/youth bowlers listed on these pages, not to mention all the up & coming juniors. Who have as much chance as anyone else. You've just got to want it, try hard, get hungry for it & you'll succeed!!!

I hope to see Shontay & Khynan's name on a post like this is 10 years (given they're only 6yrs & 3yrs)

Define Great.

are we talking talent in bowling terms only. Because there are some
bowlers who have great ability, pitty about thier attitudes towards
other bowlers.

So if Great was to mean Ability+Attitude then my pick would
be Matty Kanafa.

Dave K

I have seen quite a few of these young players around. What a great future Aust has with so much talent going around. My picks would be George ( just because he is left handed, only joking,but he does have heaps of talent. Jarrod Lean,because he liked my daughter when he was 12 years old, and Glen Loader because his dad buys me a beer. Plus heaps more.When your my age you forget names.

I wasn't going to post on this topic but I can't resist......

To be honest, the person to challenge Belmo has probably not been born yet. Belmo is light years infront of any other bowler currently bowling in this country.

Yes we have some promising juniors but I'd bet my left kidney none of them will become 'World Bowler of the Year' at 22yrs of age.

My goal when I was little was to see my name up in lights and be remembered as one of Australia's best. Whilst I am far from that acheivment I am very happy with my bowling career and how it has panned out. I've reached almost all my goals and one day very soon it will be time to move on.....

Whilst I have more 300's and National titles than Belmo at the moment :D, my small record of acheivments will not rate a mention by the time Belmo has finished his bowling career.

I've been in the bowling industry now for 23yrs and Belmo is by far the greatest male athlete bowler this country has produced. Yes there are the legends, Ian Bradford, Joe Velo, Allan Atkin, etc but I have no doubts when Jason is done, he would have surpassed them all!

Whilst Jason does not win everything in Australia it is not a true reflection of the guys ability. Oversea's he is regarded in every tournament as one of the 'stars' to beat. His game is like no other, where ever you can play on the lane, so can Belmo, just faster with more power and more consistancy. You can't shut him out, left capping or 2 board, he can play them all.

Jason has commitment, backing, attitude and the will to win. He is successful now and will continue to be successful for a very long time. PBA or no PBA, he will be the best.

In summary, our next great bowler is ........................... no one at the moment :confused:

just as an indication of how good belmo is, look at evryone who tyrs to bowl like him with his two hands. I dont see anyone else being copied at the moment.

Any one has the ability to become the next great bowler if they are willing to put in the time , effort, dedication and money

gjelectrics1 said:
Any one has the ability to become the next great bowler if they are willing to put in the time , effort, dedication and money

Crap... (becuse you have to have at least 10 characters to make a post - I had to say it twice)...

Crap... (again)

boybrowny said:
Crap... (becuse you have to have at least 10 characters to make a post - I had to say it twice)...
Crap... (again)

Can I ask what is so crap about that? Are you saying that any young bowler cant be great? That you have to be born with some fantastic ability to knock down pins? Thats more like crap!

I dont mean to begin an arguement. However, anyone out there who is willing to put all the time, dedication, effort and money into this sport can be a great bowler.

I would have to agree with George on this, as he says, no one has actually stepped up to the plate yet, and he still has a lot left in his game. so come you youngens, pull your finger out and get your **** together, it's a long way to the top if you want to rock Belmo off his perch.

I've been bowling for over 30 years and i'm still learning how to throw the damn ball into the pocket, Damn i left another 7 pin, ya gotta hate that. LOL..........................................:rolleyes:

P.S. I'm a lefty too

well thanks to people that have said my name.

my people that i think that is the next big thing. matty j this kid is awsome already won a youth event. and cow awsome bowler. hamish is awsome if he sticks with it and doesnt let uni rule his life.

Back
Top Bottom